Wimbledon and the grass court season

lichtie23

McEnroe is just there for the name.  Petchey is really good IMO.  I loved listening to him over the years at the US Open and the 4 Masters events in the States/Canada on Sky,

Inverdale, Lloyd, and fucking Castle can all get fucked.  They give zero insight on the actual tennis.  Just wank over who's in the Royal box.

45 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

They had Andy Roddick a few years ago and he was brilliant, easily the best pundit they've had. Todd Woodbridge was on a few times this year and he was good, very informative.

They need to stop hiring people who only have name recognition, because it's blatantly obvious to me the likes of McEnroe, Becker, Lloyd and especially Henman barely watch any tennis throughout the year, outwith the slams

I doubt if guys like Inverdale, Castle and Lloyd watch any tennis outwith Wimbledon.

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I doubt if guys like Inverdale, Castle and Lloyd watch any tennis outwith Wimbledon.

Um..............Inverdale hosts all of ITV's coverage of the French Open. Castle and Lloyd are at Queen's every year.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

McEnroe is just there for the name.  Petchey is really good IMO.  I loved listening to him over the years at the US Open and the 4 Masters events in the States/Canada on Sky,

Inverdale, Lloyd, and fucking Castle can all get fucked.  They give zero insight on the actual tennis.  Just w**k over who's in the Royal box.

Petchey has commentated on some classics at the US Open these last few years. He really seems to build the excitement level with his commentary. 

Inverdale, Lloyd, and fucking Castle can all get fucked.  They give zero insight on the actual tennis.  Just wank over who's in the Royal box.

McEnroe gives excellent analysis. Imo he's not worth the money he's being paid (because the sums the BBC are paying ridiculous) but he's very good to listen to and is clearly still involved with the game.

Castle is more of a commentator and doesn't bother me that much.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

McEnroe gives excellent analysis. Imo he's not worth the money he's being paid (because the sums the BBC are paying ridiculous) but he's very good to listen to and is clearly still involved with the game.

Castle is more of a commentator and doesn't bother me that much.

This. 

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Inverdale spouts a pile of frivolous, inane pish at times.

He should have been binned after the incident with Bartoli.

Becker is the absolute definition of great player, shite pundit. I know it's not his first language, but at times the pish he spouts makes you wonder if he understood the game when he was playing.

20 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'm hoping for a Nadal win but have to say Federer has been excellent in 3rd and 4th sets.

Thought it took over 2 sets for the real Fed to turn up.