Wimbledon and the grass court season

lichtie23

Just now, Rowan said:

Konta not liking reporter asking her if she needs stop making excuses and accept she doesn’t cope under pressure 🙈

It's a shame when she asked him if it was his professional tennis opinion, he didn't say "No, it was the opinion broadcast live on the BBC of Chris Evert and John McEnroe"

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Chanda Rubin, ex- pro.........
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanda_Rubin

I thought she was mute

Rubin is a nonentity who was, at best, a journeyman on the tour. She is totally out of her depth and added nothing of value to Evert and McEnroe.

57 minutes ago, The-coo-shed said:

To be fair it was the tone of the question that pissed Konta off. I can see her point.

All he had to say was 'Do you think you struggle to deal with pressure at key points in a match?' which would have been a perfectly valid question. He really didn't need to spell out the specifics. Instead the journalist obviously wanted to sound like he was knowledgeable and somehow qualified to criticise. I thought she reacted fine to it.

It can't be easy to suffer a massive defeat and then half an hour later have someone who knows nothing about the game and writes stories for a living patronising you.

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

All he had to say was 'Do you think you struggle to deal with pressure at key points in a match?' which would have been a perfectly valid question. He really didn't need to spell out the specifics. Instead the journalist obviously wanted to sound like he was knowledgeable and somehow qualified to criticise. I thought she reacted fine to it.

It can't be easy to suffer a massive defeat and then half an hour later have someone who knows nothing about the game and writes stories for a living patronising you.

Pretty much this.

He screwed up asking a very reasonable question in an attempt to be a smart arse.

22 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Couldn't help but notice some in the crowd waving Union Jacks.  Given there was 1 Scot, 1 French, 2 USA, who were these flags aimed at?

The British one.  I would have thought that was obvious.

1 minute ago, Gnash said:

The British one.  I would have thought that was obvious.

Was he representing Britain tonight?

I thought that was reserved more for Olympic stuff.

I'm not trying to stir up shit here - just disappointed not to see any Scottish  flags.