Wimbledon and the grass court season

lichtie23

Jamie: I won’t partner Andy as I don’t want to carry him, and I’m in my prime years and want to win.

Also Jamie: I’ll pick an absolute jobber as partner and get humped in the first round.

[emoji23]

Kyrgios is superb. Immensely talented, and even the fact he was in the pub the night before he still gave an all time great tennis player a difficult match.

Anyone that winds up Nadal is a good guy in my book.

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:
22 hours ago, pandarilla said:
So what's p&b's verdict on kyrgios? Cheeky scamp good guy or detestable w**k?

A waster. He admits himself he doesn't work hard enough, he has plenty of talent but won't achieve much unless he starts putting the hard graft in.

Find comments like this bizarre. He already has a career that 99% of people who have ever picked up a tennis racket could only dream of, and he's got the majority of his career still ahead if him.

He'll probably not win a grand slam, but he has what looks like a brilliant life earning a lot of money to play tennis. If he's happy at that level then who are we to judge. Virtually no-one in life works as hard as they could or fulfils their potential, I certainly haven't and if you're sitting posting on P and B at 11 o'clock in the morning it's pretty likely you haven't either.

Find comments like this bizarre. He already has a career that 99% of people who have ever picked up a tennis racket could only dream of, and he's got the majority of his career still ahead if him.
He'll probably not win a grand slam, but he has what looks like a brilliant life earning a lot of money to play tennis. If he's happy at that level then who are we to judge. Virtually no-one in life works as hard as they could or fulfils their potential, I certainly haven't and if you're sitting posting on P and B at 11 o'clock in the morning it's pretty likely you haven't either.
He doesn't come across as happy and contented though. He comes across as angsty.

I'm on holiday. [emoji23]

I couldn't see him winning a slam at the moment, but give it a few years when the current crop of GOATs have retired then he should be competing for them on a semi regular basis imo. He has plenty of ability, and as the previous post says, he doesn't seem to be happy with his lot most of the time.

Kyrgios is box office!

Love him or hate him everyone wants to see his matches. He is naturally very talented and should currently be in a top 10 player. Would be a travesty if he didn't win a grand slam in his career but would only have himself to blame.

Massive fan of Kyrgios, I reckon all sports need characters like him.

Currently watching the mixed doubles and Kyrgios and Krawczyk are looking the business so far. Not sure who the commentary team are but one of the boys has just got it spot on with "say what you want about Nick Kyrgios, he's box office".

Massive fan of Kyrgios, I reckon all sports need characters like him.

Currently watching the mixed doubles and Kyrgios and Krawczyk are looking the business so far. Not sure who the commentary team are but one of the boys has just got it spot on with "say what you want about Nick Kyrgios, he's box office".
The commentator clearly reads pie and bovril [emoji6]

45 minutes ago, The OP said:

It's weird how commentators can really make you hope that a 15 year old lassie will lose a tennis match. 

Those who paid top dollar for Centre Court tickets deserve better than the mediocre World number 60 versus a 15 year old wild card.

Medvedev (ranked 13) vs Goffin (ranked 23)  was in the 3rd match on Court 2.

I'd  be livid to have paid a fortune to watch this dross on Centre Court rather than that 5 set thriller..

Those who paid top dollar for Centre Court tickets deserve better than the mediocre World number 60 versus a 15 year old wild card.
Medvedev (ranked 13) vs Goffin (ranked 23)  was in the 3rd match on Court 2.
I'd  be livid to have paid a fortune to watch this dross on Centre Court rather than that 5 set thriller..
They have to put a large percentage of women's matches on centre court or number one court or the snowflakes become outraged.

Agree with you though.

1 minute ago, ftk said:

They have to put a large percentage of women's matches on centre court or number one court or the snowflakes become outraged.

Agree with you though.

Wozniaki (seeded 14) vs Zhang was on Court 2 too. That would have been better than this 3rd rate crap.

No Andy tonight. Boo. Have to say I'm quite enjoying the Hercog v Gauff match. She's a story and a lot of people will want to see her, so it seems fair enough to stick her on a show court. You get top seeds playing against each other in front of half empty stands half the time with all the day trippers and Pimm's o'clock types anyway, and this has been pretty full for most of the match.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No Andy tonight. Boo. Have to say I'm quite enjoying the Hercog v Gauff match. She's a story and a lot of people will want to see her, so it seems fair enough to stick her on a show court. You get top seeds playing against each other in front of half empty stands half the time with all the day trippers and Pimm's o'clock types anyway, and this has been pretty full for most of the match.

Really? The quality has been mediocre for a match at this stage. It's like watching Maribor vs Qarabag in the Champions League.