SJFA AGM Perth 15/06/19

Taxman

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

So where is there any genuine criticism towards the EOS that they didn't take well? I only see some sour grapes from juniors on here which isn't coming from any actual clubs that switched...

Its a tongue in cheek comment about nonsense and hearsay being spouted much the same as the pyramid zealots also do about the Juniors so perhaps you are getting a taste of why some people are sick of the same garbage being posted by a handful of people

Edited by Wile E Coyote

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

Its a tongue in cheek comment about nonsense and hearsay being spouted much the same as the pyramids zealots also do about the Juniors so perhaps you are getting a taste of wht some people are sick of the same garbage being posted by a handful of people

Oh god, that rubbish again... :lol:

Okay, I'll bite, I don't know why but I will.

What does the sjfa in either the west or east have to offer to attract back clubs from the eos?

Why do people keep suggesting that changes to the licence criteria or processes will have an impact on teams playing in the eos? You don't need a licence to play in the eos Premier or conferences. This is frankly a stupid statement which means you either don't understand the process or are trying to spread none sense as a means to further a narrative.

Furthermore, the eos currently offers, as far as I can tell, 100% more to clubs than the ersjfa and wrsjfa put together, what would be the motive for a club moving back?

Maybe the junios need to accept that Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Sauchie are using the new junior sides to further the progression of players to the eos senior sides. In effect using the sjfa to make the players entering their first teams better prior to taking the jump up in standard..... Not as a means to move back because they don't like the eos.... I thought I'd heard all the nonsense I would, now I really have heard it all.

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

So where is there any genuine criticism towards the EOS that they didn't take well? I only see some sour grapes from juniors on here which isn't coming from any actual clubs that switched...

1 minute ago, Marten said:

No, it doesn't if you read my post...

Anyway, the most likely thing is that the stuff you are posting is completely made up.

tbh Marten I couldn't really give a FF whether you believe me or not, i know what I heard along with about another dozen or so people.

Just you wonder why there is such a lack of interest in the pyramid in the West Region

As I said before santheman, using one person's comments to suggest there is a problem with the eos isn't a valid approach to suggest there are wider issues.

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

tbh Marten I couldn't really give a FF whether you believe me or not, i know what I heard along with about another dozen or so people.

Just you wonder why there is such a lack of interest in the pyramid in the West Region

As said, even if there is any truth in what you said, these will have been the views of individual people, not of actual clubs. Not all committees on all clubs were unanimous on whether or not they should switch to the EOS.

Reality is that despite many people predicting various clubs would move back after the first season, not a single club actually did so. Instead, 2 clubs moved the other way. Junior football in the east is dead, especially south of the Tay.

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

No, it doesn't if you read my post...

Anyway, the most likely thing is that the stuff you are posting is completely made up.

Yeah I was a bit bored tonight so thought I'd go on a trolling expedition helped by Kiliiepio

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

As I said before santheman, using one person's comments to suggest there is a problem with the eos isn't a valid approach to suggest there are wider issues.

It was more than one person 

it was a car load but fortunately one of them was driving 

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

As said, even if there is any truth in what you said, these will have been the views of individual people, not of actual clubs. Not all committees on all clubs were unanimous on whether or not they should switch to the EOS.

Reality is that despite many people predicting various clubs would move back after the first season, not a single club actually did so. Instead, 2 clubs moved the other way. Junior football in the east is dead, especially south of the Tay.

You could well be right but I'll reserve judgement until the next licencing bombshell from the SFA hits the news

So we have went from one person from a club, to a group of people from a club.... What next lots of people from lots of clubs.... Then everyone from all the clubs who moved.

Again, a couple of people from one or two clubs passing comment about maybe moving back doesn't mean there is a credible problem with the eos from clubs who moved......

4 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

So we have went from one person from a club, to a group of people from a club.... What next lots of people from lots of clubs.... Then everyone from all the clubs who moved.

Again, a couple of people from one or two clubs passing comment about maybe moving back doesn't mean there is a credible problem with the eos from clubs who moved......

Where did I say it was one person or even 2?

Killiepyio might have spoken to one individual but the conversation i was party to was  more than that.

Oh wow! This is desperate, some guys in a car now! :lol:

Surely you can all see this is a total wind-up... then it’ll no doubt come back as “defensive pyramid believers”! It’s honestly worse than being at school again, although after reading half the threads on the Junior section, it’s just par for the course... :1eye

Sure boys, I believe you :thumsup2

Prediction - no club, not one, zero, nil, nada, zip will ever, ever, EVER move back from the Pyramid and the EoSFL and the total professionalism it offers to the pitiful, archaic, backwater offering the Juniors provide. It simply will not happen - keep kidding yourself it will as each hour and each day you do hastens the demise of the Juniors, which is a crying shame as to evolve, as everything does and should, a move to the Pyramid must be the eventual outcome for clubs who want to progress rather than stagnate in a dreadfully parochial wee Ayrshire backwater. If your club doesn’t see the sense in this then a slow, lingering passage into irrelevance awaits and it will be you and your like to blame.

Please feel free to quote me on this if the day ever happens that a club moves from the EoSFL to the ERSJFA - I’ll sleep well in the knowledge that it won’t ever happen as it’s a bit like saying “you know what, 4G is magic but I yearn to get back to the days of dial up”.

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Oh wow! This is desperate, some guys in a car now! :lol:

Surely you can all see this is a total wind-up... then it’ll no doubt come back as “defensive pyramid believers”! It’s honestly worse than being at school again, although after reading half the threads on the Junior section, it’s just par for the course... :1eye

Sure boys, I believe you :thumsup2

Well you surely didn't expect them to walk all the way did you?

And just keep insulting the Junior fans, that's sure to get them on your side

24 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

There might be a few explanations; I doubt many if any committees decided unanimously to move, and it could well be some that didn't get their way remain disgruntled about it...closer to home look at the saga of Kilwinning moving a mile across town and the fallout from that.

Another possibility that doesn't seem to have crossed anyone's mind is that they could have been bammed up....upon meeting someone so vocally against change, it would be tempting to tell them "oh aye, we're thinking of moving back though...." and walk away sniggering.  Could equally also just be good old confirmation bias where people take what they want to hear out of a conversation on a subject they're really invested in.

The only real proof would be when a team actually decided to come back, and that hasn't happened.

4 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Prediction - no club, not one, zero, nil, nada, zip will ever, ever, EVER move back from the Pyramid and the EoSFL and the total professionalism it offers to the pitiful, archaic, backwater offering the Juniors provide. It simply will not happen - keep kidding yourself it will as each hour and each day you do hastens the demise of the Juniors, which is a crying shame as to evolve, as everything does and should, a move to the Pyramid must be the eventual outcome for clubs who want to progress rather than stagnate in a dreadfully parochial wee Ayrshire backwater. If your club doesn’t see the sense in this then a slow, lingering passage into irrelevance awaits and it will be you and your like to blame.

Please feel free to quote me on this if the day ever happens that a club moves from the EoSFL to the ERSJFA - I’ll sleep well in the knowledge that it won’t ever happen as it’s a bit like saying “you know what, 4G is magic but I yearn to get back to the days of dial up”.

Wow!!  That's no bad for this time of night.

Obviously there's some words there that I'll need to look up in the dictionary

38 minutes ago, santheman said:

Well you surely didn't expect them to walk all the way did you?

And just keep insulting the Junior fans, that's sure to get them on your side

You and your 2 mates are already doing a grand job at insulting the “Juniors” (whatever that means?!) all by yourselves today!

Apart from the terrible tit-for-tat I’ve read on this forum (the Darvel thread, the deleted one and the new one, never fail to highlight this!), I never really had a problem... I actually sympathised a little as I almost understood your argument, but the last 20 odd hours have been nothing short of embarrassing 

Edited by Spyro

SJFA AGM thread - people start asking if TJ and other Blazers were brought to task over the lies and misinformation he spread about "It's a done deal" suddenly gets derailed by talk not relating to the AGM about defections from the EOS.  Call me cynical but this seems a strange time to bring up conversations from a game that weren't mentioned on the Junior cup thread and deflect away from whether TJ and his blazers were criticized at the AGM.   

Also point out licence only required to join Scottish Cup and Tier 5 so only difference between EOS and ERJFA if you're unlicensed is which league is better (judge for yourself) and one you can gain a licence in.  There can't be any massive changes to the licence after the floodlights rule or it would start to see SPFL clubs Lowland League and Highland League clubs falling foul of it so I will call Bullshit on that, must be the gold plated toilets again.   

Edited by San Starko Rover

Okay, I'll bite, I don't know why but I will.

What does the sjfa in either the west or east have to offer to attract back clubs from the eos?

Why do people keep suggesting that changes to the licence criteria or processes will have an impact on teams playing in the eos? You don't need a licence to play in the eos Premier or conferences. This is frankly a stupid statement which means you either don't understand the process or are trying to spread none sense as a means to further a narrative.

Furthermore, the eos currently offers, as far as I can tell, 100% more to clubs than the ersjfa and wrsjfa put together, what would be the motive for a club moving back?

Maybe the junios need to accept that Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Sauchie are using the new junior sides to further the progression of players to the eos senior sides. In effect using the sjfa to make the players entering their first teams better prior to taking the jump up in standard..... Not as a means to move back because they don't like the eos.... I thought I'd heard all the nonsense I would, now I really have heard it all.

It's not even that. Linlithgow and Bo'ness sides don't have anything to do with the actual EoS sides.

They are both amateur sides who haven't managed to get a player anywhere near the level of junior.

It's a hoodwink attempt by the Sjfa and it'll be clear pretty early it isn't as it says on the tin.

6 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

It's not even that. Linlithgow and Bo'ness sides don't have anything to do with the actual EoS sides.

They are both amateur sides who haven't managed to get a player anywhere near the level of junior.

It's a hoodwink attempt by the Sjfa and it'll be clear pretty early it isn't as it says on the tin.

Bang on grinder....,that last nite was agents sandman,KP and coyote being told after the SJFA meet up, to go out into the big bad world of senior fitba and spread some crap cause we are raging that all of a sudden we have this close season something that begins to look like a functioning pyramid system.

Must be shite to be Cove Rangers and Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic eh?????