SJFA AGM Perth 15/06/19

Taxman

Cup competition rules #6

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/DocumentsandDownloads/Constitution&Rules/SJFA Constitution Rules 2018-19.pdf

In rounds prior to the Semi-Finals, the club first drawn in eachcouple shall have a choice of ground provided its ground or theground it secures (which must be within the Region the club plays inand must be within a ten miles radius of that club’s registeredground), efficiently prevents the public having access thereto withoutpayment and has dressing accommodation, including full toilet andwashing facilities for the teams of each club within the ground. In theevent of clubs drawing in the first game, the second team drawn shallhave a choice of grounds, as above.If the ground fails in these requirements and the ground of theiropponents meets these requirements, the tie shall be played on thelatter ground. If neither ground conforms to the said requirements theAssociation Secretary shall fix a ground conforming thereto for theplaying of the tie

15 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Also seemingly Linlithgow CSC aren't allowed to host Junior Cup games at their Xcite Linlithgow ground. No clue as to what the reasons are however.

Maybe be given permission by the Rose to use Prestonfield for the Scottish Cup? Would make sense if it was otherwise vacant - good income for the social club.

17 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Maybe be given permission by the Rose to use Prestonfield for the Scottish Cup? Would make sense if it was otherwise vacant - good income for the social club.

They'll be lucky to have any fans who aren't friends and family of the players.

Allowing three ammy teams in under the names of Senior clubs plus a club that the senior leagues knocked back shows how far the Junior game is falling.

14 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Allowing three ammy teams in under the names of Senior clubs plus a club that the senior leagues knocked back shows how far the Junior game is falling.

Christ no wonder you’ve not been  approved on the Junior Fitba forum, you can’t be saying things like that! :rolleyes:

Also seemingly Linlithgow CSC aren't allowed to host Junior Cup games at their Xcite Linlithgow ground. No clue as to what the reasons are however.

Presumably junior cup ties are scheduled for set dates? With a set fixture list Linlithgow would not want to work with fixtures that move around and potentially lock the ground down for weeks on end.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Whilst I agree with you about the fans thing the same can be said of many senior clubs.

Are you advocating placing teams according to attendances then. That's half the LL fucked then

Edited by Wile E Coyote

The average league attendances for those reserves in the EoS and SoS last season were; 63 Stranraer Reserves, 56 Stirling Uni EoS and 51 Annan Reserves
Our Under 20's averaged about 60 ish, highest just under 100, for our home games.

Obviously it was free entry, which helped, but we were still pleasantly impressed with the interest. Folk like a Friday night game.

The four clubs were voted in en bloc.
I was talking to a delegate who thought that Boness Juniors would likely romp their league next season.

I can only assume that he thought the actual Bo'ness were returning. Sadly misinformation and misunderstandings are rife right now.

Any word on what else was discussed? We're the questions regarding pyramid entry asked? Was tj held to account in any way?

Just now, G4Mac said:

I cn only assume that he thought the actual Bo'ness were returning. Sadly misinformation and misunderstandings are rife right now.

Not neccessarily. These are the clubs from the existing Juniors that would be in the South Premier next year

image.png.86cb1bc46b2dd386e443d10ad49856a1.png

image.png.cb1df504740f560c079fc384da15d3f7.png

Negative goal difference for everyone and more losses that wins. There's also the possibility that Newburgh will be moved North.

Linlithgow Thistle were in a higher division than Linlithgow Rose CFC. So should be better than them at the very least. Not sure how Sauchie CFC and Syngenta are going to compare.

It's not exactly a division full of heavy hitters.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

I can only assume that he thought the actual Bo'ness were returning. Sadly misinformation and misunderstandings are rife right now.

Source told me that these teams are a security blanket back to the juniors as all is not as great as it's made out in the EOS league

3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Source told me that these teams are a security blanket back to the juniors as all is not as great as it's made out in the EOS league

How would that work, they'd kick JFC/CFC teams out and take their place in the bottom division? :lol: What problems do you think Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Sauchie have with the EoS?

10 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Told the same at the Junior Cup final by 2 people ftom the EOS in the hospitality suite.

6 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

4 new clubs i'm surprised yous aren't doing a Whitburn and telling everyone Linlithgow, Boness and sauchie were coming back

That would not surprise me with that crowd down at Central park,absolutely "sailing down the big Egyptian river",the lot of them!!

12 minutes ago, santheman said:

Told the same at the Junior Cup final by 2 people ftom the EOS in the hospitality suite.

It was start of last month I was told while in a discussion about something else, Was apperently done as a matter of priority to get in for the forthcoming season. Makes sense to me and wouldn't be surprised if others followed that path if all is to be believed.