SJFA AGM Perth 15/06/19

Taxman

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

I hear your point of view, however, in the interests of moving on from the road block that appears to be in place at the moment there needs to be some form of compromise.

The main issue blocking progress appears to be the need for one route to the LL playoff in the East.

The ERJSFA are caught in a difficult situation as their region is split by the border between HL and LL.

If the way forward meant the movement of this border to allow Tayside clubs into the East feeder leagues would this not make sense?

I totally understand the EOS league objection to two feeder leagues in the East and I totally understand the issue that having a split region causes for the ERJSFA.

Surely common sense must break out at some point.

Common sense is Tayside goes north. Tayside should have been north even in thejuniors

Common sense is Tayside goes north. Tayside should have been north even in thejuniors
This splits the ERJFA and is frankly an untenable position leaving the current Tayside clubs to fend for themselves without regional representation.

It also splits the age group pathway in Tayside which is the more important point.

The regionalisation of the border for the split would solve this.

36 minutes ago, Griffin said:

This splits the ERJFA and is frankly an untenable position leaving the current Tayside clubs to fend for themselves without regional representation.

It also splits the age group pathway in Tayside which is the more important point.

I think he means scrap EJSFA completely, Taysiders go north to NoSJFA, Fifers go EoS, we pour petrol all over Perth & Kinross and quickly run away before Jeanfield turn all they lights on...

TBF, if we do it on a Saturday night, it’ll be Tuesday before anyone in Perth will even notice going by the nights out I’ve had there! :whistle

Edited by Spyro

ERSJFA have already split themselves in exactly this way because they thought it was better for their clubs.

In essence, they've made it far easier to amalgamate LL area clubs into the EoS and HL area clubs into a Tayside league feeding HL because they've done all the hard work and split the region along those lines already.

OK I will retreat from the never ending ever decreasing circles of the Pyramid debate with one thought

“The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.” 
 Friedrich Nietzsche

For the good of football, Youth, Amateur, Semi Pro and Professional something has got to change. The only way forward requires there to be a compromise of some sort.

Good luck with the season ahead everyone.  

51 minutes ago, Griffin said:

No it wouldn't the current ersjfa.could take over running Taysidewith south of tay teams joining eosfl

22 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Fair point on Linlithgow CFC, I thought they had added "Rose" to the name based on the posters on here quoting their return. Which was kinda the point I was making.

I've not called either club a "tribute act" and I don't have any issue with either club doing whatever they want to do. As I said in the post you quoted, good luck to both and I've said that in posts before, any club looking to better themselves is a good thing.

I know Linlithgow Thistle are a very well run club, don't know much about Linlithgow CFC so can't comment there.

My issue, as I said, is with other people passing them (you?) off as something they are not. It's as much a disservice to those clubs as it is Junior football. You are not Bo'ness United returning from the EoS.

You're reading too much into my "leading" comment. That was tongue and cheek fur the poster I responded to. emoji846.png

Yes, the "more likely" to produce a player through Juniors was how it was sold to us as well.

We had 38 EoS appearances from 20's players last season, 6 from our amateurs, from 11 different players. We've promoted 3 20's and 2 of our Ams in pre season. And we also had a good number of first team appearances (15+) in our 20's/Ams for players coming back from injury.

We decided the junior route was less likely for us to produce players and we didn't want a second team where players would expect "compensated", when we don't have that with 20's or Ams.

There's also the "registration" issue, where at present our 20's can just play for the first team any time and we can send first team players back for 6 games a season at any time. That also wasn't possible with the junior route, given the registration issue with it.

Will be interesting to see how many players from these junior teams step up to the senior teams.

Oh dear. Really is best to look at the bigger picture before commenting. Dunipace did the same with Denny FC  to form the ams, along with the most recent addition of Coasters FC. 'Completing the pathway of Dunipace FC.' The jump from Boness Utd ams to Boness Utd seniors is a step too far , as is the case at Linlithgow Rose and Sauchie , a far greater jump than Dunipace ams to Dunipace Seniors , so introducing the juniors is the perfect middle ground for development. A great business model! I admire the forward thinking and positivity behind it, and wish all the new clubs the best of luck! 

IMG_20190617_111644_618.jpg

IMG_20190617_111724_531.jpg

IMG_20190617_111758_637.jpg

Oh dear. Really is best to look at the bigger picture before commenting. Dunipace did the same with Denny FC  to form the ams, along with the most recent addition of Coasters FC. 'Completing the pathway of Dunipace FC.' The jump from Boness Utd ams to Boness Utd seniors is a step too far , as is the case at Linlithgow Rose and Sauchie , a far greater jump than Dunipace ams to Dunipace Seniors , so introducing the juniors is the perfect middle ground for development. A great business model! I admire the forward thinking and positivity behind it, and wish all the new clubs the best of luck! 

IMG_20190617_111644_618.thumb.jpg.7e7bcbe53699024d60b5f41ed9e8cfba.jpg

IMG_20190617_111724_531.thumb.jpg.dda39d2740a1b6d8bea856cce3c8594b.jpg

IMG_20190617_111758_637.thumb.jpg.2fa0492b257f577512396bf3832c7dc3.jpg

Oh dear indeed. Whats your point caller?

No one is ever said Dunipace didn't bring an Ams team on board, or add an under 19's for next season using an existing local side.

I've also never said the jump from Ams to Seniors at Bo'ness or Linlithgow is too much or used it as a justification for anything we've done or haven't done.

We started our 20's from scratch last season as well, for what it's worth.

I've never said that having a junior side as a feeder is a bad thing for anyone. That's for each individual club to decide.

What I have said it's that we decided it wasn't for us because we've had a level of success already from the teams we have. For us, we didn't see having a junior team as a net benefit, for now, based on the the cost/benefit and the teams we already have (or are adding) providing a level of success we are happy with in terms of our pathway.

I've also wished the teams the best of luck and said I'll be interested to see what the output is compared to ours.

Thanks for screenshotting back to me a statement I wrote, which is relevant to nothing I've said before in this particular thread, just in case I'd forgotten what I'd said. [emoji846]

You've had a bit of a nightmare here.

59 minutes ago, Whitburnguy said:

IMG_20190617_111644_618.jpg

IMG_20190617_111724_531.jpg

IMG_20190617_111758_637.jpg

Another alias.  Give it up. I haven't seen any evidence of the linlithgow rose senior side acknowledging their existence. I haven't even seen them doing that with the other young teams they had

OK I will retreat from the never ending ever decreasing circles of the Pyramid debate with one thought

“The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.” 
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Compromise works both ways. However, the ERJFA are now split North and South, their choice. So to move forward the South part joins up with the EoS and the North part carries on as an independent league and hooks up with the NRJFA.

The North part cannot join the EoS due to the bounday line, and I doubt that will be altered anytime soon, it needs SPFL agreement.

Whitburn guy, what is the actual point you were trying to make above?

For one who tells others to look at the bigger picture you certainly don't have an ability to do so yourself.

What you have cut and pasted into this forum bears no relevance to the actual discussion points you feel you were making.

Valiant effort nonetheless

6 hours ago, JuniorFitbaforum said:

Bud you'll just go round and round in circles on here with the same old people who are always right.

Glad to have you on board at www.juniorfitba.freeforums.net

Feel free to join in the fitba chat for a refreshing change .

Cheers

I would troll your forum, but there no one on it so kinda pointless

Is that why yourself and Whitburnguy can spend so much time back here? So tragic...

You were all more than welcome on here, it’s not our faults that you and your mates can’t take criticism like mature adults and have to resort to this pathetic charade... it’s decent folk who support junior clubs who I feel sorry for as you are nothing but an embarrassment to the “grade” (Whatever the f**k that is, we’ve still no idea)

Away and look after your own forum. We get it, their a new forum in town, we won’t upset you with our triangular ways anymore. :1eye

On 16/06/2019 at 21:55, Burnie_man said:
On 16/06/2019 at 21:51, andy25 said:
emoji846.png

I have a lot of respect for Talbot, they agreed to play a Testimonial about 7 years ago at our old ground for our player/manager (who is still our manager), brought the Junior Cup with them and made it a great day. Nothing but respect for the club, I paid a visit a few years back to your place as a neutral and enjoyed it. A few roasters on Pie and Bovril doesn't change that.

Must’ve been 2011 or 2013 as we hadn’t won the cup in 2012

I enjoyed the day tbh, weather apart.  Also the day John Boyle cane back to the Talbot. 

Edited by Lord Talbot

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:
5 minutes ago, Lord Talbot said:
Must’ve been 2011 or 2013 as we hadn’t won the cup in 2012

I enjoyed the day tbh, weather apart.  Also the day John Boyle cane back to the Talbot. 

Just messaged him when he came back.  He couldn’t remember :D

hard to believe it was as long ago as that. Time flies. 

Anyway,  this is getting off topic - sorry for that.