SJFA AGM Perth 15/06/19

Taxman

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Rod Petrie advised the EoS meeting that the ERJFA had been told "in no uncertain terms" that they had to have a 16 team top division for Pyramid play-off entry.

It's all moot anyway as the ERJFA will never enter the pyramid at tier 6 as things stand, regardless of format.

It needs to sink in, and sink in soon that different Junior regions require different solutions and the leagues should be represented at future PWG meetings and not the SJFA.

I agree east entry is dead for now.

Would still like to see the proposed new rulebook written for the LL playoff.

Specifically with this 16 team league.  if the SOS got an influx of members and went to say 21 teams.

Could hardly operate with 16 and 5 

Has it surfaced yet ?

Edited by superbigal

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You must be at the wind up I told you at the fucking time the 3 conferences was for 1 season. Ersjfa are proposing to do it forever. Go and bury your head in the sand

I really felt ya there! :lol:

We will all be running about with a wee flat-spot in the middle of our foreheads by the start of next season... :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Specifically with this 16 team league.  What happens if the SOS drop below 16 for instance ?

Has it surfaced yet ?

Thats because their wouldn't be 16 clubs in the structure it's a bit different if ersjfa had a 10 team super league and 28 teams in a lower league

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Thats because their wouldn't be 16 clubs in the structure it's a bit different if ersjfa had a 10 team super league and 28 teams in a lower league

If SOS had 21 members you think they would be forced into a league of 16 and 1 of 5 ?

18 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Specifically with this 16 team league.  if the SOS got an influx of members and went to say 21 teams.

Could hardly operate with 16 and 5 

Has it surfaced yet ?

There is no new rulebook because as you know nothing has changed because the PWG couldn't come to arrangement.

EDIT:

This was as far as any new rulebook on the LL Pyramid play-off got

image.thumb.png.a8ab202f380f93d9e32786df74b76b2c.png

image.png.82036c46fbb32863672b8ac84db8ba7a.png

image.png.c326ae500a4c154979549912ba2165b2.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

If SOS had 21 members you think they would be forced into a league of 16 and 1 of 5 ?
Good god man, do we have to continuously go over and over and over this stuff with you. You have asked these questions on pretty much every forum you can, with everyone providing you the same answers, over and over..... You do realise that doing the same thing over and over, whilst expecting a different outcome, but achieving the same actual outcome is the definition of insanity?

I don't know how you guys have the patience to deal with these junior luddite gonks day after day after day...

I suppose it is a case of "for the greater good" but jeezo. I suppose it's an entertaining diversion from my own club's chaos.

Relatively new to the Juniors, so forgive the possibly silly question. 

Can't find anything regarding fixtures in the west yet but a very clubs seem to know their schedules - have the fixtures been released for the west region? And if not any idea when they will be?

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:
3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Good god man, do we have to continuously go over and over and over this stuff with you. You have asked these questions on pretty much every forum you can, with everyone providing you the same answers, over and over..... You do realise that doing the same thing over and over, whilst expecting a different outcome, but achieving the same actual outcome is the definition of insanity?

To save me trawling through every forum - can you enlighten me to the answer that has been provided previously to this question please

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I don't know how you guys have the patience to deal with these junior luddite gonks day after day after day...

I suppose it is a case of "for the greater good" but jeezo. I suppose it's an entertaining diversion from my own club's chaos.

Honestly mate it’s been hilarious all season, the best thread got deleted as well. Get yourself settled because it gets much better than this. Superbigal is just having one of his awkward days, he’s nae bother compared to some though

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Superbigal has had a poor couple of weeks , since "glenrothesgate" his so called raison d'etre  as the forums devils advocate on pyramid affairs has been blown apart and he has been shown up to be the larry lickspittle he really is.

He’s just nursing his confidence a bit, he’ll be back to his normal self once pre-season starts :lol:

To save me trawling through every forum - can you enlighten me to the answer that has been provided previously to this question please

Okay. Here goes. The sfa cannot tell anyone how to set their leagues up, that is a choice of the individual association. What superbigal is trying to suggest is that its one rule for one association and not that way for another. This is not the case.

The sos are already in the pyramid and if there were teams joining their association they may have to have two conferences for a season, like the eos did, in order to get to a top division, as this is the sfa's preference for the top leagues from each association in the pyramid.

The ersjfa is, always has been and always will be a whole other debate and negotiation, and superbigal knows it, he is being consistently obtuse for the sake of it. The ersjfa cover the same geographical area as the eosfl and were told to keep their league set up as it was, to aid and support a smooth integration into the pyramid if it could be achieved, they chose not to and frankly should now join the eosfl at tier 8 if and when they choose to take part. (highly unlikely at this stage)

For reasons only known to superbigal he wants to muddy the water, misdirect and make claims regarding 'genuine' information that, at every turn, has proven to be incorrect. Even when everyone else is providing factual evidence to the contrary, for example, those that were actually sitting at either the eosfl meetings or sjfa meetings.

36 minutes ago, 1.FC Mich 97 said:

Relatively new to the Juniors, so forgive the possibly silly question. 

Can't find anything regarding fixtures in the west yet but a very clubs seem to know their schedules - have the fixtures been released for the west region? And if not any idea when they will be?

Cheers, don’t think I could’ve managed that one!

As for fixtures, as soon as they are released, there will be a separate thread for them no doubt. Some teams have only just finished this season, I know some pre-season games have been organised 

Edited by Spyro

31 minutes ago, NewburghFC said:

More importantly, do you guys even know what league you’re going to be in next season. Noises are that you might be going into the North section...

And, given the choice, would you prefer to be playing Dundee/Aberdeenshire teams, or Lothian and Borders team? We’ve no had a Newburgh member on yet!

Edited by Spyro

Okay. Here goes. The sfa cannot tell anyone how to set their leagues up, that is a choice of the individual association. What superbigal is trying to suggest is that its one rule for one association and not that way for another. This is not the case. 
The sos are already in the pyramid and if there were teams joining their association they may have to have two conferences for a season, like the eos did, in order to get to a top division, as this is the sfa's preference for the top leagues from each association in the pyramid.

The ersjfa is, always has been and always will be a whole other debate and negotiation, and superbigal knows it, he is being consistently obtuse for the sake of it. The ersjfa cover the same geographical area as the eosfl and were told to keep their league set up as it was, to aid and support a smooth integration into the pyramid if it could be achieved, they chose not to and frankly should now join the eosfl at tier 8 if and when they choose to take part. (highly unlikely at this stage)

For reasons only known to superbigal he wants to muddy the water, misdirect and make claims regarding 'genuine' information that, at every turn, has proven to be incorrect. Even when everyone else is providing factual evidence to the contrary, for example, those that were actually sitting at either the eosfl meetings or sjfa meetings.

For transparency I apologise I typed that last query on my PC which seemed to somehow sign on via Twitter. This is my P&B account now.

Anyway moving on.

So assuming EOS Premiership is now formed, if there was an outbreak of common sense and someone managed to align all of the stars allowing EOS and ERJSFA reach some form of agreement for amalgamation. Would the sensible thing to form conferences again below the Premiership level to sort out a, let's call it Championship, that sits below Premiership with regional leagues formed below this??

Just interested in finding a way forward - no agenda hidden or otherwise..

Honestly mate it’s been hilarious all season, the best thread got deleted as well. Get yourself settled because it gets much better than this. Superbigal is just having one of his awkward days, he’s nae bother compared to some though
I have been glued to the pyramid threads avidly for many months now, and have posted a small number of times.
A colleague of mine was playing for one of the top EoS sides who moved across last season, and he was scathing, absolutely scathing about the sort of mindset evidenced hereabouts.

For transparency I apologise I typed that last query on my PC which seemed to somehow sign on via Twitter. This is my P&B account now.

Anyway moving on.

So assuming EOS Premiership is now formed, if there was an outbreak of common sense and someone managed to align all of the stars allowing EOS and ERJSFA reach some form of agreement for amalgamation. Would the sensible thing to form conferences again below the Premiership level to sort out a, let's call it Championship, that sits below Premiership with regional leagues formed below this??

Just interested in finding a way forward - no agenda hidden or otherwise..
Unfortunately for the ersjfa teams that may wish to move into the pyramid, this season will most likely be the last with conferences and after this year there will be a championship formed underneath the current eos Premier league, at least that's what every club in each conference is expecting.

The ersjfa will most likely come in below that division in conference form in the future. Given that each club who moved last year will now be part of the voting process for the make up of the eosfl set up from this point onward it is unlikely that the ersjfa will be accepted and voted in at the same level as the clubs who each took a jump last season. Nothing is concrete yet but I think most expect it to go this way.

21 minutes ago, Spyro said:

More importantly, do you guys even know what league you’re going to be in next season. Noises are that you might be going into the North section...

Just speculation of what they could do to have 19 teams in both the north and south sections now that the four new teams have joined the south that wasn't based on any inside information.