Scotland vs Japan, 14th June, 2pm

lichtie23

I’m absolutely baffled as to what VAR is supposed to be doing, if not to check dodgy penalties ([emoji736]), incidents in the build up to goals ([emoji736]) and handballs in the box ([emoji736]).

I was half watching the game at work, so I can’t progress to know much about how we actually played. If we deserved to lose then fair enough, but it’s a real sore one to take given the actual incidents in the match.

I must be seeing something else with the penalty award. Corrie doesn’t do anything?? Maybe my blue and white tinted specs are getting in the way but I honestly don’t see a foul and I’ve watched it loads of times.

15 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Then she ignored the trip on Erin Cuthbert, and then somehow VAR managed not to review a completely blatant handball. I'll guarantee that this will be pretty much the only time in the tournament that a handball in the box is not given as a penalty. 

16 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

I reckon it was broken today. Didn’t use it once

And as we don't have a media to speak of in this country, nobody seems to be asking FIFA to explain. I'd be amazed if I ever see another blatant handball like that in a major tournament go unpenalised.

The VAR officials, incidentally, were Massimiliano Irrati, who is a Serie A ref and did a huge number of VAR jobs at the 2018 World Cup, with two assistants. All apparently asleep on the job.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

I’m absolutely baffled as to what VAR is supposed to be doing, if not to check dodgy penalties (emoji736.png), incidents in the build up to goals (emoji736.png) and handballs in the box (emoji736.png).

I was half watching the game at work, so I can’t progress to know much about how we actually played. If we deserved to lose then fair enough, but it’s a real sore one to take given the actual incidents in the match.

I must be seeing something else with the penalty award. Corrie doesn’t do anything?? Maybe my blue and white tinted specs are getting in the way but I honestly don’t see a foul and I’ve watched it loads of times.

In real time it looked like Corsie fouled her - if it was a dive, it was a good one. I haven't seen the replays so I don't know, but if it didn't show real contact then that's another failure by the officials. In any case, Corsie was last man, got caught wrong side and put her hand on a player running onto a ball over the top. She's lucky she didn't get sent off.

The handball one was a joke to everyone. It looked pretty blatant.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

In real time it looked like Corsie fouled her - if it was a dive, it was a good one. I haven't seen the replays so I don't know, but if it didn't show real contact then that's another failure by the officials. In any case, Corsie was last man, got caught wrong side and put her hand on a player running onto a ball over the top. She's lucky she didn't get sent off.

The handball one was a joke to everyone. It looked pretty blatant.

You're right. If the Corsie situation had been reversed, we'd all have been calling for a penalty and a red card, even though it was on the softer end of the scale.

For the handball, I can't imagine anyone could even claim it wasn't justified if it was given.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You're lucky I don't know how to do gifs... otherwise I'd be posting that one of Father Ted pretending to laugh then he looks the other way and he's not really laughing. 

Then you'd be feeling pretty stupid, I can tell you. 

Image result for father ted laugh gif

Giant irons. Tiny washing baskets. Utterly woeful attempt.

11 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Image result for father ted laugh gif

Giant irons. Tiny washing baskets. Utterly woeful attempt.

Add to that the microphone still in the picture, hands not on iron, terrible hoover added and all the washing baskets are the same. Shameful effort really.