2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Cerberus

Mexico’s tournament to lose IMO.

The US squad is mostly middling MLS pish and will do nothing.

Hopefully Canada perform well. [emoji1063]

Said US just got skooshed 3-0 by Venezuela. Klinsmann levels of shite

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Hopefully Canada perform well. emoji1063.png

This will be the first proper test for most of our rising stars.  Squashing teams from the Caribbean is one thing but up against the likes of Mexico will really see where we are and if we have a legit shot at making the 2022 world cup.  Jonathan David, Zach Brault-Guillard, Liam Millar, and Derek Cornelius are players I have high hopes for so I am really looking forward to this tournament.  We should be able to get through the group stages (we have Mexico, Cuba, and Martinique) which will most likely set us up with a tricky quarter final with Costa Rica which is a team we really need to measure ourselves against

Edited by senorsoupe

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Do you not remember Canada vs Martinique in 2013? [emoji6]

We have (theoretically) a better team than we did in 2013.  Especially up front, in 2013 our strike force included Marcus Haber and Simeon Jackson

Edited by senorsoupe

25 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Interesting that both Canada and Martinique are unbeaten since 2017. I suppose the Nations League hasn’t exactly thrown up many 50/50 games though.

Yeah those Nations League games are not really a good barometer of where teams are at.  We did win a behind closed doors friendly against Trinidad & Tobago 2-0  on Monday, both goals came from Scott Arfield so that is a good test for us as T & T are usually at a similar level to us.  

Just now, Tarmo Kink said:

Martinique drew 0-0 with T&T in a friendly in 2018 I think.

Well that is quite true.  I still think we can beat them and Cuba to advance from the group stage.  This is the most optimistic I have been about our men's team in the 20 or so years I have been following football.  We have a lot of really good young talent coming through so if they continue to develop as a group I think we have a chance to compete to qualify for 2022 and do decently well at the 2026 World Cup on home soil

Kicks off tonight with Canada Vs Martinique at 0030 followed by Mexico vs Cuba at 0300. With the times of kick off being at daft o’clock in the morning I’ll only get to watch games on my days off and when I myself finish work at daft o’clock so this week coming I should get to watch most as I’m on lates

If Israel can play in Europe qualifying and Australia can be in Eurovision, maybe Scotland can move to CONCACAF. Might only be half an hour in, but this is tailor made for us. Shite football, shite crowd but plenty of hacking. Post BREXIT Scotland might have a positive side [emoji6]

If Israel can play in Europe qualifying and Australia can be in Eurovision, maybe Scotland can move to CONCACAF. Might only be half an hour in, but this is tailor made for us. Shite football, shite crowd but plenty of hacking. Post BREXIT Scotland might have a positive side [emoji6]

Can’t even beat Kazakhstan and struggle to beat San Marino and Cyprus. We won’t have a chance against Puerto Rico, BVI, USVI, Barbados, Saint Lucia etc etc[emoji23][emoji23]

30 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Probably more Mexican fans in the ground than Canadian/Martinique and Cuba fans put together.

I don't know why they keep scheduling Canada games really far away from Canada.  Play this game in Chicago, Cleveland, or New York and a lot more Canadian fans would be there.  It also looks bad because it's a 90,000 seat stadium

That being said Jonathan David is class

Edited by senorsoupe