NFL in the US

Calvin Johnson

As promised / threatened in an earlier post, here's some pics from my trip to Denver see the Broncos defeat the evil empire in 2015, followed by some pics from our trip to New York to see the evil empire defeat the Jets. The Broncos game was a late game in November 2015, Superbowl winning season - the final photo is me and my good lady at half time... Snowing, freezing, sleet coming down....but boy, was it good.

Mile High01.jpg

Mile High02.jpg

Mile High03.jpg

Mile High04.jpg

Mile High05.jpg

Edited by pozbaird

21 minutes ago, Calvin Johnson said:

Looks superb! Take it you moved seats during the Jets game?

There's a story! As I mentioned in an earlier post, there was a bit of friction in the air with arsehole Pats fans giving it the Billy Big Baws as their team were (again) superior to the Jets. We were close to some particularly annoying Pats fans who just wouldn't show a bit of respect. I'm not suggesting it was going to kick off, but it was getting to be a pain in the neck. I had noticed that on the concourse near the entrance to our seats, was a customer service desk. I genuinely suffer from a foot problem which flares up and needs NHS insoles in my shoes, but I brass necked it towards the end of the first quarter and nipped up to the customer services and laid it on a bit thick about my foot problem, how we had come all the way from Scotland, and I said that getting up and down to let folk out for beers all the time was causing my foot to bother me. Lovely dears at the desk said my accent was amazing, and relocated us to a raised platform area with big padded seats and no-one bothering you to get by. We watched the rest of the game beside a bloke with a broken ankle, and a woman who had fallen and sprained an ankle outside the stadium...... result. Job done.... Me. Bad. Man. 😀

Edit: I don't want to give the wrong impression that the whole stadium had an ugly atmosphere or anything, but in our area we unfortunately had a big group of Pats fans who had partaken in a few shandies too many. If it had been over here, no doubt fists would have been flying. Anyway, all's well that ends well.... apart from the Jets having a perfectly fair looking TD being overturned by the zebras. If you look at the third Metlife photo taken during warm up, you can already see the amount of '12' and '87' Pats jerseys. The grey seats in that photo to our front and left were the ones that filled up with Pats dickheads. Every support has them I guess.

Edited by pozbaird

Looks awesome.

So that would have been the mighty Oz beating Brady in OT? With CJ Anderson running in the winning TD

I really hope my game doesn’t go to OT, my flight out is 9pm so I should have 3-4 hours to get to the airport just in case.

26 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Looks awesome.

So that would have been the mighty Oz beating Brady in OT? With CJ Anderson running in the winning TD

I really hope my game doesn’t go to OT, my flight out is 9pm so I should have 3-4 hours to get to the airport just in case.

Yeah, Osweiler hand off to CJ Anderson in OT. Place goes wild, city centre was one huge party. We got back to the hotel and hit the bar.... lots of Patriots fans staying in our hotel, and they were brand-new.

• 1 month later...

My workmate is in Florida just now, staying in Fort Lauderdale. He has tickets for the Ravens at the Dolphins next Sunday, cost about $70 dollars. Not the best seats in the house by any means but he is just happy to be seeing a game for real. He got an email last week offering him tickets for the pre match tailgate, they were 75 dollars for all you can eat and drink. He was probably going to get them because 1) he knows the drink will be expensive in the stadium as he has been at a MLB game before and 2) he can just about eat his own body weight when be puts his mind to it.

Only thing he still had to check out before buying them was the logistics of getting from where they are staying to the stadium for 9ish on a Sunday morning, to make sure they get their money's worth.

• 2 weeks later...