Belgium vs Scotland

There is a main difference between McLeish and Clarke,when McLeish played Albania he went out and played the same team against Israel thinking the same result.
Clarke last night showed his adaptability maybe gave Cyprus too much respect and underestimating international football by playing Brophy.
Last night totally changed dropped our forward thinking players to contain and hit on the counter.
For me two totally different games to create more against Cyprus and to contain a world class team in Belgium,McLeish would've been lost.

12 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

I think McTominay, Taylor, McLean and O'Donnel was well performance 

McKenna, Forrest and McGregor is poor performance

Clarke need plan fews players changes team of Scotland  on September face Russia

What? :unsure2:

56 minutes ago, FullTimePint said:

Then last night i watched Oli Burke. The Guy is an athletic specimen pace to burn and a decent physique. But he has no idea about match management or what looks like any game sense. That technical ability and know-how probably undermines any split second advantage his pace buys him, as he constantly seemed to be in the wrong place, making the wrong pass.. everything just seemed off. To the extent that i question, has he developed a career upfront based purely on the fact he is fast?

Yes.  Absolutely one of the worst footballers I've ever seen in my life.

As has been mentioned, Belgium were where we are not so long ago. Similar population and climate. They've proved it can be done. We have no excuses.

Similar population = about twice as big.

We will never be ranked number one in the world, think that’s fair to say. We should be doing far better though.

We are the biggest underachievers in European football this century. To have not qualified for a single tournament since 1998 is nothing short of an embarrassment.

I checked and that's correct, they are around 11 million and we are around 5. That is still a far smaller difference than to the likes of Ingurland, France, Germany, the countries traditionally expected to be European giants.

Similar population = about twice as big.

We will never be ranked number one in the world, think that’s fair to say. We should be doing far better though.

We are the biggest underachievers in European football this century. To have not qualified for a single tournament since 1998 is nothing short of an embarrassment.
Have you forgotten about England?

5 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

A "tricky" Cyprus team who have 14 defeats from their last 16 away games. The one win in those was a 2-1 win at Gibraltar. Tricky indeed. 

We're approaching Soviet levels of propaganda here. 

This is 100% correct. People are falling over themselves trying to defend Clarke

Have you forgotten about England?

They’re up there but would have the scale of our underachievement higher.

Pretty much everyone who is not a minnow in Europe has qualified for something more recently than we have. In 2016 we had the likes of Northern Ireland, Wales, Albania and Iceland all making it.

It’s not just countries who are relatively similar size to us (Ireland, Denmark) consistently doing better than us now. It’s countries who are smaller doing better than us too.

Compare last night's performance and the game against the Belgians in September. If those criticising Clarke / the performance genuinely can't see a vast difference and improvement in shape, organisation and work rate between the two games, then I'd suggest you simply don't understand what it is you're watching, and / or, are a raging *** who has been even further broken by Clarke's Killie dishing out bodying's left, right and centre to you last season.

There was a significant improvement in that performance last night from what we've seen in the last 18 months. I'm optimistic.

Of every country in Europe that has ever qualified for a tournament , only Norway's most recent qualification is as long ago as Scotland's.

False actually.

Norway qualified for Euro 2000 and got knocked out the group stage on goal difference.

The only country that meets this brief is Israel. Which is an anomaly because they qualified for WC 70 from the Asian section. They have never qualified as a UEFA team.

Croatia and Uruguay have similar/lesser populations that ourselves and they are regularly participating in  major tournaments. Why are their players so much better? They've had consistently good players for a while now. Their individual leagues aren't miles ahead of ours surely? The SFA do have a lot to answer for though.  

To a lesser extent the likes of Iceland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland have participated in major tournaments recently. Fact is, player for player we are not worse than these nations, slovenia, slovakia, montengro, albania have all qualified recently aswell. 

4 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Croatia and Uruguay have similar/lesser populations that ourselves and they are regularly participating in  major tournaments. Why are their players so much better? 

The reasons behind Scotland's comparative shitness are as follows -

1. Playstations

2. Genetics

3. The Barnett Formula

4. Kick and rush football

5. The Old Firm

6. English quislings with Scottish grannies

7. Players not singing the anthem

8. Glengarry hats creating deep despair about the national side

9. Being content with failure

10. Scott McKenna

11. The ageing population 

12. Rubbish away tops

13. Sports days being all about participation rather than winning

14. Middle class wanks playing rugby and tennis 

16 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

To a lesser extent the likes of Iceland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland have participated in major tournaments recently. Fact is, player for player we are not worse than these nations, slovenia, slovakia, montengro, albania have all qualified recently aswell. 

Montenegro? When?