Belgium vs Scotland

42 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

"Play 4-3-3 from u12s" does not in any way explain how some of the best players in the world, most of whom were youth players in different countries, all peak together at the same time

It’s not luck, they went from being behind us to the top three.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/06/belgium-blueprint-gave-birth-golden-generation-world-cup-

A coherent vision from youth to full side. They know how to play and they are all technically good. This is down to practice and good coaching. Not luck.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Don’t get all defensive about McGregor. Of course he is a great player and should be in the starting eleven every time, and he has played a lot of games. But he was poor tonight.

So did McKenna but it's not about the individuals,Scotland need our best players available for the 2 Russian games and the Cyprus away.

28 minutes ago, KillieMogwai said:

Not sure what you're getting at here?

By positive gradient, I'm meaning long-term.

As I said before, I doubt we'll qualify out of this group.

The Nations League playoffs could be a strong possibility, but I think we'll be in a much better place for the tournament after that, with Clarke in chaarge.

just Cyprus are not as bad as some people think they are

Unfortunately our absence from top tournaments has been long term and not enough has been done about it

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s not luck, they went from being behind us to the top three.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/06/belgium-blueprint-gave-birth-golden-generation-world-cup-

A coherent vision from youth to full side. They know how to play and they are all technically good. This is down to practice and good coaching. Not luck.

Boot the player who shows any skill and hoof the baw up the park, that's the Scottish way.

Until we change that mindset....

7 minutes ago, Kuro said:

He's doing well but beating shite.  No danger I'd take him over Clarke.

You're not coming across very well on this thread.

Edited by ayrmad

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I must admit I’m a bit baffled why he’s never been picked. Surely a better option than Mikey Devlin.

why was David Bates not in the squad ? ( Bundesliga 2 better than premiership question )

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Boot the player who shows any skill and hoof the baw up the park, that's the Scottish way.

Until we change that mindset....

I'm glad Watty has retired as well.

18 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Rather Steve Clarke than Roberto Martinez!!!  Hahahaha hahaha. Well done to Steve Clarke beating Cyprus with a last minute goal and instead of losing 4-0 to belgium we now lose 3-0. McLeish would have been slaughtered for these results.

Nice to see Steve Clarke is still living completely rent free in the heads of ***s everywhere :lol:

11 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Yesterday you  hated the idea that Rangers fans hated Scotland, then ran and hide when questioned.    Scottish people will find you laughter at Scotland losing tonight deeply deeply offensive.   Do you hate Scotland simply because you support Rangers?  

No. What is laughable is that some simpleton said that Steve Clarke was a better manager than Roberto Martinez. I love Scotland and hope Steve Clarke is successful

6 minutes ago, edinabear said:

No. What is laughable is that some simpleton said that Steve Clarke was a better manager than Roberto Martinez. I love Scotland and hope Steve Clarke is successful

Actually, Kuro didn't say that.  He said he'd rather have him than Roberto Martinez.  The implication was all yours.  

If it helps, I too would rather have Steve Clarke managing Scotland than Martinez, as I've seen him take poor players and improve them.  

Mind you, I'd rather have him back at Killie. :( 

Genuine question - would you rather have Clarke or Gerrard at rangers? 

34 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

are there any young , natural left footed players coming through to play on the left wing ?

Lewis Morgan and Glenn Middleton seem to be the next big hopes. Hastie at Motherwell (if he's still at Motherwell?), too.

Can't think of any on the right. Does Chris Burke count?

2 minutes ago, KillieMogwai said:

Lewis Morgan and Glenn Middleton seem to be the next big hopes. Hastie at Motherwell (if he's still at Motherwell?), too.

Can't think of any on the right. Does Chris Burke count?

Sunderland fans wouldn't let him leave the bench.

1 hour ago, Miss Tea Spoon said:

Emile was born in Zille, which is in Belgium. His older brother was born in Kinshasa but was a toddler when his parents moved to Belgium.

I’m sure you probably had a point which repudiated mine but it’s very hard to see.