Belgium vs Scotland

Kilmarnock fans;
Must.....not......criticise......Clarke.....
I mean obviously we're biased but calling for him to be sacked after 2 games, after 2 weeks. 1 game against the no.1 ranked team in the world, because we're 'still shite' is absolutely fucking ludicrous. I really fucking despair sometimes.

After tonight I'd be happy if we continued with McTominay and McLean as a midfield 2, with one of Mcgregor or Armstrong in there with them. Having Robertson and Fraser on the left will obviously make a huge difference, as will having Griffiths back if that ever happens. Forrest will do a job for us when he's in form, but when he isn't he's really bad. Marshall needs to work on his distribution and O'Donnell needs to work on not panicking every time the ball is passed to him. Overall I think there's a lot of positives to take from tonight and sometimes there's nothing you can really do against a team as good as Belgium.
Belgium were pretty poor as poor as us. Why cant we turn around the team like they did?
Did they just keep changing the manager hoping for the best?

After tonight I'd be happy if we continued with McTominay and McLean as a midfield 2, with one of Mcgregor or Armstrong in there with them. Having Robertson and Fraser on the left will obviously make a huge difference, as will having Griffiths back if that ever happens. Forrest will do a job for us when he's in form, but when he isn't he's really bad. Marshall needs to work on his distribution and O'Donnell needs to work on not panicking every time the ball is passed to him. Overall I think there's a lot of positives to take from tonight and sometimes there's nothing you can really do against a team as good as Belgium.

McLean played as well Ashe has done for Scotland, but I thought Armstrong and McGregor did very little. Now admittedly, Armstrong only lasted half an hour, but McGregor was underwhelming again. I’d go with McTominay and McLean plus one other most times.

Give them a bit of leeway, they're really excited. 
They've never had glory like this in 100 years. 
2 players in the worst Scotland team ever, and one tie In Europe. What a time to be alive for them. 
This coming from a man who has said 'mckenna' around 3200 times tonight

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Belgium were pretty poor as poor as us. Why cant we turn around the team like they did?
Did they just keep changing the manager hoping for the best?

They got lucky imo. Golden generation that is a once in a lifetime occurrence

Lads, lads, lads.

Every manager claims to learn from defeats, but the only one I've genuinely seen doing it is Clarke.

To be honest, as much as I like to slag off Aberdeen and (ex)Hibs players, I'm just glad we've got a manager who isn't afraid to try Scottish Premiership players at International level. Going by some who worship the EPL, you'd have thought we would have been pumped by Cyprus and allow Belgium to run up double figures. 

We beat a tricky Cyprus team and didn't embarrass ourselves tonight, even with chucking in an untested LB at the last minute to replace our best player and Champion's League-winning captain.

We're on a positive gradient for the first time in fucking ages. 

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

They didn't get lucky, they changed and it shows.

I went to Brussels in 2001 and watched a higher rated Scotland team get scudded 2-0 without creating any real chances as I recall.

Not too bothered about tonight, we already look much more organised despite fielding an inexperienced team.

I thought Clarke made a mistake with Russell wide right as O’Donnell was totally exposed but he fixed it early in the game with Armstrong going off.

There are fine lines, both of the games we won against France in 2006/07 could easily have been absolute pumpings but for luck, being compact and well organised.

We should be building a team to win the playoff and see if we can sneak anything in the group as part of the process.

I think the worst thing to come from tonight is that McTominay is suspended for the Russia game.

I'm genuinely shocked that he has actually played enough International game time in which to pick up the required amount of bookings to warrant a suspension!!!

8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I'm genuinely shocked that he has actually played enough International game time in which to pick up the required amount of bookings to warrant a suspension!!!

I think the threshold is a ridiculously low 2 bookings. Annoyingly his other booking was a needless one in the last minute against San Marino.

16 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27827569

No luck involved. Every top country invests and trains their youth teams well. Germany, England, Belgium, France. They all do it. 

We are all over the place and expect a coherent flow of youth players. Pretty much all the talent comes from the three or four clubs in Scotland who do value youth. Livy, Hamilton, Celtic, Hibs. You could argue a few others. Otherwise it comes from down south via big academies.

Lets have a ten year plan and a system like France does that’s the same from u12 to the full side. 

Build from the bottom up. 

I thought that we did ok tonight. A number of players played well, and the only ones who didn’t really come up to scratch were Armstrong, Russell and McGregor. McTominay wins the ball well, but got caught in possession too often and needs to know when to release the ball. Plaudits to Greg Taylor for playing well and Steve Clarke for picking him. Great performance from Kenny McLean. If the ball had landed at any other Scottish player than James Forrest, we would have gone 2.1, and then who knows. Forrest seems to have forgotten to shoot when the ball comes to him in front of an almost empty goal.