Ayrshire 2019 - 2020 Rumourmill

B.R

5 hours ago, 4-3-3R said:

Aw well true enough haha. Just thought coz it was the last week of pre season teams would have a good fixture arranged as their last test before the season starts. We are away to gartcosh which will be tough but one we’re really looking forward too.

Cmon up to viewfield at lochwinnich playong carlton ym you can grab a beer and be made welcome

On 02/08/2019 at 20:14, On the ball said:

Really, a done force he said

So that's me having a go is it? It's stating the obvious that's all. So far they have lost too West Kilbride and nithsdale, drew with Drongan and if they play the form side Mauchline tonight. Now a team with they results are hardly going too be a force or challenge HT in any way. As I said I am not having a go, just making a pre season observation as we all do eh? 

Edited by CFCbhoy

1 hour ago, CFCbhoy said:

So that's me having a go is it? It's stating the obvious that's all. So far they have lost too West Kilbride and nithsdale, drew with Drongan and if they play the form side Mauchline tonight. Now a team with they results are hardly going too be a force or challenge HT in any way. As I said I am not having a go, just making a pre season observation as we all do eh? 

I see where your coming from,I don't read into pre season friendlies  to much myself

6 hours ago, PenaltyShootOut said:

Well a wiz et mauchline game the nite and cfc is spot on Shortlees ur bye as a force. They wur terrible.

It is all about opinions Penalty, and I respect yours, but i don't think we were terrible, I mean….. TERRIBLE!  I don't know how you can say that. Maybe you have been spoiled with watching Knapp and Co. I thought it was a good game to watch, between two decent teams, and I am sure Mauchline boys would agree. We had 4 of our players taken off injured, our two main strikers not even playing, Gordon who is injured, Rankin who was working, Connell, who is as good as anybody at this level, not playing, Joe Gold, plus another couple to come back in. We had a 40 year old guy thankfully helping us out up front. We haven't once had our whole team together on the same day/night yet, but when they are all there, we will see if you are right. These are not excuses, these are facts. I thought under the circumstances, it was a very good game between us, as we were playing against a very strong Mauchline side, who trust me, will be hard to beat this year, and in my opinion, will probably win their league, if they can keep that team. I don't think some off you on here know this, but Shortlees have only won 1 game in the last 3 years in pre season friendly.s, and remember recently we lost all our pre season games, drew with Tarbolton on our opening game and got humped 1-5 by Hurlford Ams in our second game, and we all know how that season finished. So we have shown before, that It isn't how you start a season, it is how you finish it. We might never hit those hazy heights ever again, but it is all about Shortlees playing football on a Saturday, and boys enjoying it, winning is the bonus, and that is what we will try to do every week. The management and players will work hard to get better,  and we will, as basically we are rebuilding. I am confident in the players we have brought in, they are a great bunch of lads. We will all need to stick together and get to know one another, as like any team, we will need time to jell, and knit together, and they will. So we will see how it all pans out Penalty, when we are at full strength for the first time. 

2 hours ago, Cunny said:

It is all about opinions Penalty, and I respect yours, but i don't think we were terrible, I mean….. TERRIBLE!  I don't know how you can say that. Maybe you have been spoiled with watching Knapp and Co. I thought it was a good game to watch, between two decent teams, and I am sure Mauchline boys would agree. We had 4 of our players taken off injured, our two main strikers not even playing, Gordon who is injured, Rankin who was working, Connell, who is as good as anybody at this level, not playing, Joe Gold, plus another couple to come back in. We had a 40 year old guy thankfully helping us out up front. We haven't once had our whole team together on the same day/night yet, but when they are all there, we will see if you are right. These are not excuses, these are facts. I thought under the circumstances, it was a very good game between us, as we were playing against a very strong Mauchline side, who trust me, will be hard to beat this year, and in my opinion, will probably win their league, if they can keep that team. I don't think some off you on here know this, but Shortlees have only won 1 game in the last 3 years in pre season friendly.s, and remember recently we lost all our pre season games, drew with Tarbolton on our opening game and got humped 1-5 by Hurlford Ams in our second game, and we all know how that season finished. So we have shown before, that It isn't how you start a season, it is how you finish it. We might never hit those hazy heights ever again, but it is all about Shortlees playing football on a Saturday, and boys enjoying it, winning is the bonus, and that is what we will try to do every week. The management and players will work hard to get better,  and we will, as basically we are rebuilding. I am confident in the players we have brought in, they are a great bunch of lads. We will all need to stick together and get to know one another, as like any team, we will need time to jell, and knit together, and they will. So we will see how it all pans out Penalty, when we are at full strength for the first time. 

Hope ur ryt mate. Second hawf I thought Garry stopped it bein a guid few mare tae Mauchline. The boy yogi saved yous tae. Hink yous played him everywhere durin game lol. Hope yous get yir full squad back soon then and big minors injury aint too serious anaw. Nae one wants tae see Thistle run awa wae everthin again 

Hope ur ryt mate. Second hawf I thought Garry stopped it bein a guid few mare tae Mauchline. The boy yogi saved yous tae. Hink yous played him everywhere durin game lol. Hope yous get yir full squad back soon then and big minors injury aint too serious anaw. Nae one wants tae see Thistle run awa wae everthin again 

Thistle won’t run away with anything looking at their side.