The FootballNation East of Scotland Qualifying Cup 19/20

RampantFM

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm sure camelon and whitehill will have something to say about that

100% Alan - that's why the "if" was there 😎

Camelon going fairly well this season and Whitehill have massively picked up last few games.

Edited by leomessi1984

QF Draw

Hill of Beath v Camelon Wednesday 26th February 7:30pm Kick off

Bonnyrigg v Dundonald Bluebell  Wednesday 19th February 7:45pm Kick off

Haddington or East Kilbride (Saturday 14th March) v Tranent or Penicuik (Tuesday 18th February 7:30pm Kick off)

Date for the Quarter final match tbc

Kelty v Whitehill Tuesday 18th February 7:45pm kick off

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

• 2 weeks later...

Tranent 2-3 Penicuik Athletic

Foresters Park is now a very trim venue - seating block, tannoy, toilets, disabled facilities, new signage and a grass pitch in outstanding condition - and tonight saw their new floodlights hanselled. Powerful lights they are, but it was Pencuik who saw themselves into the next round, before a good midweek crowd of a few hundred.

In an exciting and energetic match Cookie fell behind early, but dominated the first half, and 3 goals in its last 15mins put them in a comfortable place at HT.

Second half was less end-to-end but involved more efforts on targets with both 'keepers pulling off several saves. Tranent struck-back in stoppage time but were unable to rescue the tie.

Turnaround from Saturday's league result: Tranent 5-2 Penicuik.

Interesting to see Mark Tait 'keeping for Penicuik. My abiding memory of him is leading "campfire singing" after Edinburgh Uni beat Whitehill in King Cup Final 2013-14 at Prestonpans.

(Incidentally back then Whitehill were LL and Edinburgh Uni were EOSL - situations now reversed...).

Elsewhere tonight Kelty blew away Whitehill scoring 5 goals without reply to reach SFs.

Bonnyrigg-Dundonald was postponed and is now Tuesday 3rd March.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Comfortable night for Kelty at a freezing NCP.

Whitehill had a few good patches of play but never troubled Millar to any degree. Kelty fans favourite Swanson got a warm reception as expected after his LTHV days. Janczyk still a class act also.

Tidser an absolute stand out in the Kelty midfield and strolled it, scoring a peach of a lob.

Looks like Kelty could be awarded a 3-0 win instead of a 5-0 win after Whitehill fielded an ineligible player. 😂

https://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/news/club-statement-2513847.html

Football Nation Qualifying Cup

Whitehill Welfare fielded a cup-tied player in last nights Football Nation Qualifying Cup match with Kelty Hearts

Louis Swanson had played for Bonnyrigg Rose in the second round against Stirling University, which was something we knew and he hadn’t featured in our third round tie against Linlithgow Rose for that reason.

This was an error on my part as match secretary and as soon as I realised this morning, I informed the East of Scotland League and we will await the outcome of any disciplinary proceedings.

I apologise to the coaching staff, Louis, the rest of the players and committee for this error and we will look to put more stringent checks in place to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

James Stout

Edited by Footballfirst

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Hill of beath vs camelon juniors on Tuesday 17th march winner will be at home to kelty in semi final on wednesday 15th april

Sorry Alan but a HoB vs Kelty semifinal... Offt! Think you know what we are all hoping for lol

Any other time it would be different, honest 😉