Scotland vs Cyprus saturday match thread

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

He's just out of his depth at that level and a long-term solution is going to be required.  Fredericks could be it, and Tierney is a good option.

An Englishman or a guy who doesn't want to play with us

Personally think Harry Souttar should be playing at right back, and in midfield, and probably as a striker as well. I know what you all will say, "he's never actually played a game for Stoke", blah blah. That doesn't matter though, because he gets paid more than everyone else.

Fucking swampy.

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Personally think Harry Souttar should be playing at right back, and in midfield, and probably as a striker as well. I know what you all will say, "he's never actually played a game for Stoke", blah blah. That doesn't matter though, because he gets paid more than everyone else.

Fucking swampy.

Personally think Andy Robertson should be playing as striker, Bale style

First ever post on this thread. If Scotland don't have a better right back at Under 21 than the boy ODonnell, then we are wasting our time. He is no more an International player than I am. McTominay not starting an absolute joke, the boy plays in the Premiership !. Set up as if we were playing Belgium,  no tempo, no pressing, absolutely dire , got out of jail big time. Most of the crowd easily pleased, the result masked an so typical performance of recent years, slow, slow  slow. How about playing more passes forward rather than back, bored to death with this pish. We play right into the hands of teams we should be working, not watching

Hi latest posts confirming my opinion, far too easily pleased,  indifferent players set up by indifferent managers with indifferent tactics resulting in indifferent outcomes. Cyprus could quite easily had a draw,  if not ever threatening a win, if anyone thinks that is acceptable,  then don't count me in.

Yeah not a convincing performance by any measure. Looked like we had a lot more about us once Burke came on, gave us a bit of presence up front. Hopefully that’s the last we see of Brophy in a Scotland shirt.

49 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Final point: sitting down in the North Stand should be outlawed - that's two games in a row where we've had to.

Aye. Happened last time to me as well. Ended up with a few maws behind me moaning about not being able to see. Gubbins experience all round. 

We surely can do someone better at RB than a guy who failed in the English League 2.

Worryingly the answer is no, we can’t. I didn’t think O’Donnell was THAT bad tbh. Our left flank is fucking magical though. Never really appreciated having not previously seen him in the flesh but Fraser is fucking rapid and was, for me, excellent tonight.

Despite what some are saying on here, McGinn was pish tonight, as was Mclean. McGregor got pass marks. Our best midfield is Mctominay, Mgregor and Armstrong.. with Fraser and Forrest playing old fashioned inside forward role. Brophy was miles off the pace, Burke from get go chased back and looked dangerous up front. Centre backs are bombscares and O'Donnell is too ponderous. Not sure we have better options mind. Few errors by Clarke especially midfield and up front. Wins a win and we move on to Brussels where we need to somehow dig out a miraculous point.

Agree on mcginn. Agree on strongest midfield. Didn’t think mclean was that bad but hey ho! Hazard v o donnell is going to give me sleepless nights for a few days i think

Think the negativity needs to get to f**k. Was in the north stand tonight and a guy literally in front of me booing our own. Then when we went up 1 nil sat in his chair. Then when Cyprus equalised let off some pish practically celebrating then spouting about Clarke been not suitable killie b*****ds etc. Then fucked off. So much changes have happened over the past 12-16 years I have seen it all majority of it in person. Stability and getting behind the squad will make massive strides for us. Steve Clarke is there to get results at the moment. He had 3 or 4 weeks to get a squad picked and together at the end of the day. The volume of killie players is his reliability on players he knows. A wins a win a would rather win ugly on short notice. We would have drew that game in the past.

If your coming to hampden to spout your negativity get to f**k it is not needed stay at home. Clarke might not be every bodies cup of tea but he will get results once he gets time in the role. 

22 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Worryingly the answer is no, we can’t. I didn’t think O’Donnell was THAT bad tbh. Our left flank is fucking magical though. Never really appreciated having not previously seen him in the flesh but Fraser is fucking rapid and was, for me, excellent tonight.

just a bit of a shame he is primarily right footed