Scotland vs Cyprus saturday match thread

Just now, MarkoRaj said:

No they weren't. McKenna was marking that guy that he was standing next to

They shouldn't have been marking the same player.  Robertson completely missed his assignment and ended up marking McKenna's man.

That's for the centre half to take control and to tell the full back who he needs to mark.  Proper communication and that doesnt happen.

disagree thought he was very good and showed composure on the ball, where as frasers delivery was dreadful
I get what you're saying about Fraser's delivery, but he was easily our best player tonight.

He was electric, and creates havoc in a defence. Yes his deliveries could be better but he dug one out for the winner.

2 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

he did but it comes down to mckenna and robertson being too close , better communication needed and why the f**k is a 5ft 8 lb marking their centre back. lunacy

That is one lanky ass baby.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

They shouldn't have been marking the same player.  Robertson completely missed his assignment and ended up marking McKenna's man.

That's for the centre half to take control and to tell the full back who he needs to mark.  Proper communication and that doesnt happen.

We're not talking about a kid here, this is Scotland's most prominent player, and our captain. He should know who to mark. f**k all to do with McKenna, he had his man.

Edited by Illgresi

For perspective.

Means f**k all. One of the best international teams in the world only beat them 2-0, we weren't great there but the over reaction from Scotland fans really winds me up.

I totally get it and I was as seething as everyone else over McLeish, not because of the here and now but because I didn't see any point in it or future under him.

Clarkes in now, best man for the job, I do see a future now and will happily give the team the benefit of the doubt. Cyprus aren't a team we have the right to be swotting aside with ease.

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

That is one lanky ass baby.

We're not talking about a kid here, this is Scotland's most prominent player, and our captain. He should know who to mark. f**k all to do with McKenna, he had his man.

he shouldnt be marking their centre back, that needs to be sorted, 

Deserved to win the game but it was a poor performance.
Robertson and Fraser were the only 2 Scottish players who looked capable of making things happen. Service to Brophy wasn't great and very little came from Scotland's right hand side. Burke came on and did well but that's no slight on Brophy.
Robertson and McKenna fucked up for the Cypriot goal. Both trying to mark the same player and when the goalscorer peeled off he had a free header because neither McKenna nor Robertson were taking charge and telling the other what to do.
Biggest disappointment of the game was the midfield. Those 3 just don't work together. The game passed the midfield by and it was easy to forget that McGinn, McGregor and McLean were even on the park. They did nothing at all going forward. They never supported Brophy. They never got involved going forward. They had absolutely no impact on the game. Clarke needs to sort out the midfield because tonight just didnt work at all.

Agree with all of this.

The midfield 3 are all reasonable players in their own right, but look like they want to do the same thing. For that reason Brophy gets a pass. He may well not be good enough - but chances are, none of our strikers are.