Scotland vs Cyprus saturday match thread

Guest Moomintroll
Has this ever happened
Happened in a League 1 game down here a couple of seasons ago. Sure it happened to East Stirling as well around 2002 but open to correction on that one.

Marshall

O'Donnell - Souttar - McKenna - Robertson

McTominay - McGinn

Forrest - McGregor - Fraser

Brophy

That's what I'd go with. Going forward, it would be excellent if even a couple of our plethora of promising young centre-backs (McKenna/Souttar/Kerr/Findlay) could fulfil their potential. Marshall is a good bet in goals in the short-term, IMO, but it'll be interesting to see where Liam Kelly ends up and whether he can make the number one spot his own. Robby McCrorie could do with leaving Rangers as well, he's a cracking 'keeper and could really progress playing first-team football. Right-back remains a big issue but if Clarke can persuade Fredericks to get involved then that would be smashing. The only other problem area is up front; I think Brophy is a really good type of player to have there in the absence of any quality options, and don't disagree with an earlier comparison of him to Kenny Miller. In all, a couple of problems needing solved but we've the basis of a good team.

26 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I’ve revised my preferred line up.

4-3-1-2

Marshall

Palmer

Findlay

McKenna

Robertson

McGinn

McTominay

McGregor

Cairney

Forrest

Fraser

That's clever play our two best attackers completely out position.  Smart.

I would go for:

Marshall

O'Donnell - Souttar - McKenna - Robertson

McTominay

Forrest - Armstrong - McGinn - Fraser

Russell

Johnny Russell is our only striker with any experience, and wasn't bad the last couple of home games he's played in. If things are going well, get Brophy on for the last half an hour.

Most of the midfields positioning is quite interchangeable.

Ah shit.
I was hoping we'd unearth someone who could actually convert excellent chances that came his  way at vital moments in games.

He did make a cnut of it sometimes, the 1 on 1s against Italy away and Holland away really stick out but some of Millers goals for us were great finishes. Was a very good Scotland player on the whole and probably the best striker Faddy aside we've had in the last 20 year.

Marshall

O'Donnell McKenna Mulgrew Robertson

McLean McGinn

Forrest McGregor Fraser

Brophy

Defence seems as exposed as it was in the last double-header, but there should be greater organisation. I'd have had McTominay but I'm not the manager. Mulgrew is probably the second worst CB in the squad but is the only experienced one.

Come on Scotland.

Hmm not a fan of McLean. Can't say I've watch him often but never been impressed.

Happy Marshall is starting as he really should be our number one, with McGregor retiring and Gordon being shite now.

Callum McGregor is going to need to have a good game.