West Cup Final

Redbrae

Well he's certainly doing a lot of talking most of it total nonsense, as every cup final it's on the day, good luck to all the Beith players and management for Saturday thought we were unlucky not to win it last season and it would be nice to round off a decent season with a trophy.

Who are favourites for this final, any team that score 4 at Beechwood must have something about them, even if Talbot had an off day and a changed back four. It makes you wonder why KRR flirted with the  drop all season, if they can raise their game like they did in the semi, surely the players are able to fight a bit more and reach that level in league games, it must leave Roy fans scratching their heads.I wouldn't read too  much into Beiths 5  nil gubbing by Talbot, purely a nothing game with he-haw at stake.My prediction is Beith to win 3-2 in an entertaining match, with old Bot lad Milliken scoring the winner.

4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Who are favourites for this final, any team that score 4 at Beechwood must have something about them, even if Talbot had an off day and a changed back four. It makes you wonder why KRR flirted with the  drop all season, if they can raise their game like they did in the semi, surely the players are able to fight a bit more and reach that level in league games, it must leave Roy fans scratching their heads.I wouldn't read too  much into Beiths 5  nil gubbing by Talbot, purely a nothing game with he-haw at stake.My prediction is Beith to win 3-2 in an entertaining match, with old Bot lad Milliken scoring the winner.

would happily take that!

Surprised that there has been very few comments, from both sets of fans, about this impending cup final.  But... Good luck to the Beith players, management and committee for their hard work over the season; let’s get some silverware. 

Talbot’s dominance is undoubted Shanner but I think the buzz that used to be around on P&B from fans of a lot of clubs has long gone apart from a dwindling few.
There was only a fraction of the discussion that you would have seen on a Scottish Cup Final thread this year compared to a few seasons ago.

All the best to both teams for the final, We've erected 2 small enclosures on the opposite side of the main stand (Away side) which may well be needed as the forecast not lookin to grand, also added Disabled toilets :)

36 minutes ago, lazyjack said:

All the best to both teams for the final, We've erected 2 small enclosures on the opposite side of the main stand (Away side) which may well be needed as the forecast not lookin to grand, also added Disabled toilets :)

Saw this via twitter today! Great work as last year I got soaked lol 

Talbot’s dominance is undoubted Shanner but I think the buzz that used to be around on P&B from fans of a lot of clubs has long gone apart from a dwindling few.
There was only a fraction of the discussion that you would have seen on a Scottish Cup Final thread this year compared to a few seasons ago.

It's an extremely uneven playing field now. Talbot have done very well for themselves and should be congratulated on that, but frequent success and forays into the latter stages of the senior cup have given them an advantage that no other club can match.

So every season is a case of seeing whether Talbot will win the league, the Scottish cup or both. No fault of Talbot of course, but it's boring. Add that to the big East teams leaving the juniors and there's nothing much to discuss in terms of the Scottish cup.

I can't understand the advantage bit. Is it financial because to be honest their is a few players out there that will be on higher wages than the Talbot players. The fact that Talbot are to the fore is due to Tuckers ability to sniff out players from unlikely sources. I watched Talbot tear Glenafton apart last night and you have to ask yourself where do you change the squad. Anyway on to the final, lets hope its a cracker where if Beith play to their strengths then they will win, but any team that takes four goals off Talbot at Beechwood has to be feared.