Hope Solo

Kuro

32 minutes ago, Binos said:

The US women's team were beaten 5-2 by fc Dallas (boys) 14 year olds

That's their level

Why would they be paid equally

The Australian women's team (ranked 5th in the world) got beat 7-0 by Newcastle Jets under-16s.

39 minutes ago, Binos said:

That's their level

The Australian women's team was beaten 7-0 by an under-15 side 3 years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3609949/Matildas-lose-7-0-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html

As enjoyable as it was watching the game tonight, the standard genuinely reminded me of watching a decent level of U-16s game. 

Eta: I see I was beaten to it as I was writing my post but mine is obviously better as it shows the boys were actually a year younger than Gordon EF stated 8)

Edited by Dee Man

On 06/06/2019 at 22:47, John Lambies Doos said:
On 06/06/2019 at 18:54, Kuro said:
Let's be honest, she's full of shit.  How much money does the women's world cup raise compare to the men's?  Let's compare that alongside prize money before anyone wants to sound off about chauvinism.

Fanny like a burst bus seat.

Fanny like a horse blowing out candles

1 hour ago, Binos said:

That's their level

49 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

The Australian women's team (ranked 5th in the world) got beat 7-0 by Newcastle Jets under-16s.

45 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The Australian women's team was beaten 7-0 by an under-15 side 3 years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3609949/Matildas-lose-7-0-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html

As enjoyable as it was watching the game tonight, the standard genuinely reminded me of watching a decent level of U-16s game. 

Eta: I see I was beaten to it as I was writing my post but mine is obviously better as it shows the boys were actually a year younger than Gordon EF stated 8)

IMG_0318.JPG.130f44d5f8996895421e97bba1ce1bf8.JPG.b64c9db0ec4c36b7ed3e51107838f52e.JPG

39 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

IMG_0318.JPG.130f44d5f8996895421e97bba1ce1bf8.JPG.b64c9db0ec4c36b7ed3e51107838f52e.JPG

32 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

It's almost as if organised men's football had a century-long head start on the women's game. 

3 minutes ago, jessmagic said:

I thought Banana had been blocked? 

What a bunch of sensitive gimps getting offended when you state an indisputable fact at the standard of the women's game compared to the men's game. 

If it makes you feel any better, it was refreshing not to see players throwing themselves to the ground. There you go, you can dry your eyes now. 

41 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

It's almost as if organised men's football had a century-long head start on the women's game. 

Well.... aye.

But the question is should women internationals be paid as much money for appearing at the world cups as men. Given there's nowhere near as much money in the women's game and the standard is undeniably lower, I don't really see what argument there is to say they should be. That's the point.

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Well.... aye.

But the question is should women internationals be paid as much money for appearing at the world cups as men. Given there's nowhere near as much money in the women's game and the standard is undeniably lower, I don't really see what argument there is to say they should be. That's the point.

That post was more in reference to the bizarre comparison of women and men owing to results in friendly games between women's sides and youth sides. In terms of the thread (started by a poster I genuinely can't believe people respond to on any forum, but particularly the Tartan Army one), I can't really add anything to what has been said already. A lot should go into the exposure and marketing of the women's game to grow it, but until such a time as there is equality in both public interest and corporate investment, then women are obviously going to earn less as footballers and rightly so. In short, Solo's point about the WC prize money is utter nonsense but the isolated case of the USWNT seeking equal payment to the men is absolutely spot-on.

Edited by the_bully_wee

3 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

In short, Solo's point about the WC prize money is utter nonsense but the isolated case of the USWNT seeking equal payment to the men is absolutely spot-on.

Agreed.

40 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

What a bunch of sensitive gimps getting offended when you state an indisputable fact at the standard of the women's game compared to the men's game. 

If it makes you feel any better, it was refreshing not to see players throwing themselves to the ground. There you go, you can dry your eyes now. 

I don't care what people think of the standard, my post was aimed at folk using kickabouts (and links from the Daily Mail ffs) as a way of trying to justify the point. The USA game mentioned was literally just a kick about because they were using the same training facilities, remember seeing pictures from the boys afterwards and they were all sweating buckets while the women looked they'd only just turned up. The Australia game was taken so seriously subs were just coming and going with at least one of the players strutting about in a jumper, IIRC in any case it was mostly 2nd/3rd choice with it being preparation for the Olympics.

Anyone seriously using them as justification for criticism deserves to be laughed at.

Edited by LiviLion

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Not the boys playing though, they're fifteen.  It's almost as if males and females are biologically different.  Who knew?

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Out of interest what is the US FA's defence for paying mens side more: is it that they 'have to' or else the players wouldn't bother (having big club salaries), or due to prizemoney being higher?

The payments could reflect the television, sponsorship and other revenues that the respective teams generate.

Do you think that Scottish women's team should be paid the same as the men? Do you think that the men would agree to it?

11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I don't care what people think of the standard, my post was aimed at folk using kickabouts (and links from the Daily Mail ffs) as a way of trying to justify the point. The USA game mentioned was literally just a kick about because they were using the same training facilities, remember seeing pictures from the boys afterwards and they were all sweating buckets while the women looked they'd only just turned up. The Australia game was taken so seriously subs were just coming and going with at least one of the players strutting about in a jumper, IIRC in any case it was mostly 2nd/3rd choice with it being preparation for the Olympics.

Anyone seriously using them as justification for criticism deserves to be laughed at.

Firstly, what has the fact the link is from the Daily Mail - literally the first link on a Google search - have to do with anything? It's reporting on a sports score - I can give you a load of other links from 'more reputable' sources if you think it makes the result more believable?

Secondly, I wasn't criticising anything - I gave my personal opinion on what level of the men's game I think the standard is comparable to. 

The point very specifically about the USA is that their women's team does generate similar amounts to the men's team. That's nowhere near the same for most other countries, nor for FIFA for the mens and women's World Cups.

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The payments could reflect the television, sponsorship and other revenues that the respective teams generate.

Do you think that Scottish women's team should be paid the same as the men? Do you think that the men would agree to it?

I'm not sure our men are paid anything unless they qualify.

I understand the argument the US women are making if they generate as much in US FA commercial deals etc. I'm asking if US FA are actually justifying it or just battening down the hatches. If they were saying "we have to pay the men an amount which seems worthwhile to them in comparison to their club salaries" or saying "we pay them more because they win us more at tournaments due to the bigger prize pots" it would be understandable.

Edited by HibeeJibee

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

They should be paid the same as men, yes.  Whatever % of prize, sponsorship money etc that the men get they should get.  

That will bring different totals but would ensure they are paid the same.  Can't see why the men would disagree?   

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They should be paid the same as men, yes.  Whatever % of prize, sponsorship money etc that the men get they should get.  

That will bring different totals but would ensure they are paid the same.  Can't see why the men would disagree?   

That's not being paid the same. The same is an identical fee per player per match irrespective of their gender. I would be surprised if the men agreed to that.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

That's not being paid the same. The same is an identical fee per player per match irrespective of their gender. I would be surprised if the men agreed to that.

Well then no, it would be unreasonable to overpay.