FIFA 20

TheGoon

50 minutes ago, forameus said:

A few people do seem to be up in arms about the other modes, but I find it hard to really understand why.  

What?

Career mode is, genuinely, unplayable. You get past season 3 and European Competitions vanish, and if you renew a contract for a youth player with a release clause, you get sacked. That's ignoring the players who you shortlist who appear on every screen in career mode, including during matches. You get sacked from an EPL side and go to a Championship side, the top flight lasts for 76 games.

Player career has you getting 0 start skill moves, and when you edit your player in game then it changes your position and overall randomly

Volta has you playing the exact same team most times, and even the story mode in there has you playing against the same characters that are in your team.

Squad battles online has people getting no rewards, UT has people playing against teams in the exact same kit. People who've purchased points dont get them, people who bought special edition versions of the game aren't getting the packs they were promised.

Its the worst release week of any football game I can remember.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I can't really disagree with anything @RandomGuy. has said.

I don't bother with Ultimate Team as I'm lucky if I get to play Fifa for anymore than 2-3 hours a week. I just tend to play career mode as and when I can.

Started a save with Bayer Leverkusen and played Monaco in pre-season. Noticed they still had Falcao up front which is when I realised that the summer transfers hadn't yet updated. Then played my first European tie in the Europa League even though Bayer Leverkusen are in this seasons Champions League. Had a quick check of the groups and noticed that it was all last seasons groups despite the draw for this season being made about a month prior to the game's release.

I understand that UT is where EA make their money but not everyone buys it for this purpose and the game itself costs the best part of £50 in the first place. It's therefore not unreasonable to expect one of the biggest gaming companies in the world to at least make sure all game modes are given the same level of attention as the game just feels like a slightly updated version of FIFA 19 at best and incomplete at worst.

7 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Franck Ribery not being in the game is annoying.

Daniel Sturridge isnt in it either.

It's just a rushed mess, EA have fucked themselves this year. A petition went up at lunchtime that's approaching 3,000 signatures, with people being encouraged to share problems with the game. It's being sent to the trading standards once its peaked. 

If the trading standards act on it, theres a chance EA will need to issue refunds to anyone who contacts them about it. Could cost them a fortune by the end of this mess. 

A modder has already identified the issue and resolved it for PC users, offered to give EA everything he has over a forum, for free, to sort the issue tonight and they turned him down.

Daniel Sturridge isnt in it either.
It's just a rushed mess, EA have fucked themselves this year. A petition went up at lunchtime that's approaching 3,000 signatures, with people being encouraged to share problems with the game. It's being sent to the trading standards once its peaked. 
If the trading standards act on it, theres a chance EA will need to issue refunds to anyone who contacts them about it. Could cost them a fortune by the end of this mess. 
A modder has already identified the issue and resolved it for PC users, offered to give EA everything he has over a forum, for free, to sort the issue tonight and they turned him down.
I've signed the petition.

As I said earlier, I'm not one of those people to spend hours on end playing Fifa but I've never owned a game where it feels so rushed to the point of being incomplete.

It's just as well the next-gen consoles allow for updates after a game has been released. Had this been a PS1 or PS2 game then they would have had to delay the release which says it all really.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

As I said earlier, I'm not one of those people to spend hours on end playing Fifa but I've never owned a game where it feels so rushed to the point of being incomplete.

It's just as well the next-gen consoles allow for updates after a game has been released. Had this been a PS1 or PS2 game then they would have had to delay the release which says it all really.

Its remarkable really.

How are folk playing UT getting on? I've been searching FIFA on twitter to see if theres any updates and have seen 10+ teams already that are majority Icons. That after me playing UT on Saturday night and facing teams in Div 5 with Neymar, Ronaldo and Mbappe as a front line.

This game will be dead before Christmas.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its remarkable really.

How are folk playing UT getting on? I've been searching FIFA on twitter to see if theres any updates and have seen 10+ teams already that are majority Icons. That after me playing UT on Saturday night and facing teams in Div 5 with Neymar, Ronaldo and Mbappe as a front line.

Not sure of my overall record but i've won most of the games on UT. Played a guy tonight who had Neymar and a few other big names and beat him pretty easily. I've spent my obligitary £10 on Fifa Points so i'm just going to grind my way up to a decent team like I did last year.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its remarkable really.

I'm really enjoying it.  I tanked my Rivals placement games (played 5 lost 5) so got put in Division 9, and as a result I've been playing people I'm probably slightly better at, but still getting pretty close games.  I've honestly not seen any of the issues that people are reporting (although understand most of them are outwith FUT).  It was a lot easier to make coins in 19 compared to 18, and I think that's the same again this year.  The early access seemed to be extremely popular too (no idea if it was more so than the year before) and you're getting given more packs than ever before.  It's no surprise there's going to be people with very good teams already.  Can't say I've met any myself, but like I said I'm pretty low down.  

20 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I've also signed the petition. I don't play UT but mostly on career mode. 

Did the hybrid nations and hybrid leagues SBCs. Waste of fucking time
Got Dzeko, Depay, and Tadic, and absolutely nobody else of note.

I have got a fair few Premier League players to beef out my squad, but feel like I definitely would have been better off just saving coins.

Wanting Lacazette up top as Aubameyang is 400k and I'll not get that anytime soon.

I've built the usual German/Bundesliga team I make on this game, this usually results in a starting 11 with at least 90 chemistry and the bench is full with players that fall under that league or nation to maintain the chemistry. If I had a bench with players that don't fit that formula does that affect the team chemistry during the game if I bring them on? 

8 hours ago, thomas said:

I've built the usual German/Bundesliga team I make on this game, this usually results in a starting 11 with at least 90 chemistry and the bench is full with players that fall under that league or nation to maintain the chemistry. If I had a bench with players that don't fit that formula does that affect the team chemistry during the game if I bring them on? 

Don't think so.

That's why you sometimes see folk pausing before kick off and subbing off that random shite player in their XI for Ronaldo etc

Chem isn't affected by subs.

I've built a Serie A/La Liga hybrid and it's been good for me in general but getting a bit bored with it.

Benzema started off getting 11 goals in 5 games in division 5 and now the goals have stopped and Inaki Williams is the go to for goals.

Ousmanne Dembele is a great ball carrier and Florenzi/Chiellini are brilliant on the right.

I have about 150k to build with can anyone tell me any 2 striker teams I should maybe look at?