FIFA 20

TheGoon

1 hour ago, Mayos Noun said:

IMG_1238.jpg

Sold up and spent.

I don’t even care if I win more using a basic gold team. I’ll just try and play for enjoyment. The game is laughable now.

That team is disgusting. Feel somewhat violated that you did Lucas though

That team is disgusting. Feel somewhat violated that you did Lucas though

I had about 7 x 95+ rated untradable goalkeepers amongst others. He cost me 150k from my coin balance and it’s almost June so f**k it. [emoji23]

5* weak foot makes such a huge difference.

With team ratings seemingly not making a difference who you're matched with, is there any reason folk are filling their bench with bronze jobbers?

It certainly used to be the case that it brought down your overall squad rating and folk thought it meant you were not penalised when facing a lower rated side. If you have a mega high rated squad, say an 89 but played someone with an 84, then people did say you would be ‘punished’ a little to make the game a bit more even. Artificially lowering your rating meant it was not an issue.

I think the magic number used to be 83 or something similar, meaning if you got your overall rating down to that then it might mean less handicapping in-game. Whether that is an actual thing or purely psychological it was really popular last year but a little less so this year.

20200531_172533.thumb.jpg.1abffacdbeb7f6412aa9f2fd0996d0d6.jpg

This somewhat chastening experience took my record to 11-14 in my inaugural Weekend League. Certainly not my best performance by any means but the guy I was playing was absolutely unreal. Easily the best player I've faced. 

27 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Good video detailing how fucked the game actually is:

THIS GAME IS DONE FOR...at least for me

Clickbait youtube shite at it's finest straight off the bat.  Then literal minutes of saying absolutely f**k all before he finally gets to the point.  

Is his point honestly that the AI is shite?  The AI is always shite.  The game's coded like shite.  It's not a revelation.  The engine has very obvious exploits, and people are always going to actively go for those, which exposes the rest.  There, could've said that in less than a minute.

With team ratings seemingly not making a difference who you're matched with, is there any reason folk are filling their bench with bronze jobbers?

It’s now either a force of habit or something psychological. I like to have 4 subs on my bench and I have the remaining as garbage bronze just incase it does have an impact. The pros generally do this and they should have more knowledge than the rest about the goings on about game mechanics.

Plus I won’t ever use anyone bar the 3/4 subs I have anyway.

1 minute ago, Mayos Noun said:

It’s now either a force of habit or something psychological. I like to have 4 subs on my bench and I have the remaining as garbage bronze just incase it does have an impact. The pros generally do this and they should have more knowledge than the rest about the goings on about game mechanics.

Plus I won’t ever use anyone bar the 3/4 subs I have anyway.

People have said they do it because they then usually don't suggest the bronze players as automatic subs, which I can see.

I expect plenty are still doing it because they believe it makes a difference.  I've yet to see anything that suggests that's true.  

13 minutes ago, forameus said:

THIS GAME IS DONE FOR...at least for me

Clickbait youtube shite at it's finest straight off the bat.  Then literal minutes of saying absolutely f**k all before he finally gets to the point.  

Is his point honestly that the AI is shite?  The AI is always shite.  The game's coded like shite.  It's not a revelation.  The engine has very obvious exploits, and people are always going to actively go for those, which exposes the rest.  There, could've said that in less than a minute.

AI hasn't been this shite in any of the previous FIFA's I've played. Could maybe punt £hunners into it and see if it changes. 

Gold 3 with 6 to spare. Will probably leave it there. Quite enjoyed my new team. Had to fight for wins but scored a fair few goals.

Looking forward to a long break after Ultimate TOTS is finished though.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Aye I'm not playing, so no chance of next week now.

I'll be back here mewling in about 2 weeks about how everyone has great players and I dont.