FIFA 20

TheGoon

Finally an enjoyable Rivals game.Ā  Playing a very certain type of player - you know the guy, he's learnt skill moves, and boy is he going to use them.Ā  A million twists and turns just to show he can and probably take the piss a bit.Ā  Went 2-0 up, looked like he was going to romp it, and of course dabbed on both goals.Ā Ā 

Fought back to 2-2, then Goretzka got sent through.Ā  He rushes the keeper, stroked it past him, and it's 3-2.Ā  After the dab, thought I'd go for the camera in response, but little did I know that Goretzka is a sweaty little troll himself.Ā  His default celebration is the shush, so he arrows towards the camera like a little b*****d.Ā  Before I can reach it, the guy rage quits.Ā  Yass.

Iā€™ve somehow managed to hit my best ever form thanks to folk on here by winning 8 of my last 9 games and the other was a 4-4 but really should have won by another few goals. Purchased 92 Casemiro and heā€™s an absolute unit. Also switched Messi into a CM role and instead of playing 4-1-3-2, now play 4-5-1 with Casemiro, Messi and Griezmann in the middle. More congested in midfield but Iā€™m nowhere near as open as I was in old formation. In the majority of games Iā€™m winning extremely comfortably. Long may it continue but Iā€™d imagine Iā€™ll fall out with the game by the weekend.

What a (lousy-ish) night...

Opened over 100 packs - packed TOTS Handanovic twice and TOTS Dumfries. Not bad considering it wasn't the best set of packs. Stuck the duplicate Handanovic into the 88 squad in the Mid Icon SBC.

I then did 36x 81+ Serie A Upgrades. Packed TOTS De Vrij and Insigne. Quite happy with both players but, when some people are getting two TOTS players for under 5 upgrades, you're really expecting more.

Completed FB Allan and TOTS Lukaku just to clear duplicates.

Then finished the night by completing the remaining squad for Mid Icon SBC and of course I packed.... Michael Owen. Already have his base icon from that SBC and Prime Wright, so he's not even useful for the odd English scorer objective.

Considering I opened very few packs during the La Liga week and essentially none during Bundesliga, it's pretty underwhelming.

Player moments Laporte is making far too many mistakes (probably user error) so I've went back to Van Dijk as my main CB along side shapeshifter Kante. A lot cheaper than the last time I bought him (Only 156K compared to 450k) so its worth a punt.

Hadnā€™t done the two player gold upgrade in a whilst after realising I had so many non gold rare. Thought Awk get 4/5 of these done n hope for a few Italian rare golds if anything.Ā 
Ā 

Oblak 91 - Alex Teixera tottsf 91 - handanovic 88 - vertonghen 87 and pjanic 86. 5/10 v decent SBC fodder.Ā 
Ā 

think thatā€™s my luck done. 12 upgrades with pretty much half being SBC usage.Ā Ā 

Expect we'll get the boosted Bronze/Silver upgrades tonight, so that'll be me going through that process tonight.Ā  Hopefully get a few Serie A rares through it so I can complete another few of those.Ā Ā 

Some really decent cards in the CSL and Eredivisie, just a pity that they are ever so slightly behind in terms of being top end at this stage of the game.

It would be good if there was more flexibility in game modes to allow for these squads to be more effective. I wonder how EA could make these TOTS squads more usable, given that the majority of TOTS cards, despite being decent, become SBC fodder immediately, rather than cards that people can utilise. Personally I think it wouldn't be a total disaster if TOTS cards had some kind of special chemistry boost built in to them (like Icons), meaning that some random South Korean central defender from the Chinese league could be used in your normal squad without a huge amount of chemistry being destroyed (that Kim Jae Min card is the one I am referring to. It looks like it would be a lot of fun, but realistically you are never going to be building a team to use him)

Edited by stumigoo

I wish they would just bin chemistry all together, it's called ultimate team FFS and the chemistry system forces you down certain alleys.

Think it would be ideal for the chemistry system to apply to SBCs and that's it.Ā 

It will never happen though as I assume they pay out quite a bit for the icon rights and that would kill the icon market a bit.

7 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

I wish they would just bin chemistry all together, it's called ultimate team FFS and the chemistry system forces you down certain alleys.

Think it would be ideal for the chemistry system to apply to SBCs and that's it.Ā 

It will never happen though as I assume they pay out quite a bit for the icon rights and that would kill the icon market a bit.

Or some kind of handicap when you change formation/make subs. Fed up of folk having folk like Kante up front and Ben Yedder at CDM and switching instantly.Ā 

Ā 

Don't know why it annoys me so much, as it's clear they'll be playing a different way to howĀ they line up, but it just gets on my nerves

Edited by deej

1 hour ago, deej said:

Or some kind of handicap when you change formation/make subs. Fed up of folk having folk like Kante up front and Ben Yedder at CDM and switching instantly.Ā 

Ā 

Don't know why it annoys me so much, as it's clear they'll be playing a different way to howĀ they line up, but it just gets on my nerves

Custom tactics have been a carry on with letting people set up 1 depth drop back tactics and swap players positions in the formation.

But then again last year, 99 percent of players paused it straight away and swapped players about anyway!

Think position modifiers were only ever a thing to be pack fillers and gets abused now too.

Sad thing is with ultimate team, people will do anything to win and exploit the game any way they can.

At the start of fifa 18 you could create custom formations and move players position to anywhere on the pitch. It ended up people scoring first and then moving there whole team back as deep as possible. Absolute chaos.

Ā 
If it's the only way to get full chem I'll do it no bother.

After my mixed reactions to my packs last night, I made my Serie A team to complete the JoĆ£o Pedro objective and had so much fun with it.

Gomez remains my favourite player this year and if I don't get him as a red pick I will definitely buy his TOTS card. Allan is the perfect foil for him in central midfield.

Insigne and Dr Vrij are what you'd expect. Dumfries is clunky but quite effective - I'll give him a run in my first team.

Lukaku is a beast. Not top level but just such a fun player to use. I was unsure of doing him but so glad I did now.

Screenshot_20200526-123237.png

Edited by Jaggy Snake

3 hours ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Hadnā€™t done the two player gold upgrade in a whilst after realising I had so many non gold rare. Thought Awk get 4/5 of these done n hope for a few Italian rare golds if anything.Ā 
Ā 

Oblak 91 - Alex Teixera tottsf 91 - handanovic 88 - vertonghen 87 and pjanic 86. 5/10 v decent SBC fodder.Ā 
Ā 

think thatā€™s my luck done. 12 upgrades with pretty much half being SBC usage.Ā Ā 

Shouldnā€™t your Handanovic been a tots?Ā