FIFA 20

TheGoon

38 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve got Godin and De Ligt and given their ratings I’d expect them to be a lot better than they are. I thinking defending/tackling almost impossible in this game. Get done loads with through balls. 

The only way I’m able to score is quick one twos sending my striker(s) clear. 

Glad it's not just me.

It's back to the bad old days of just chucking two fast wingers on, running in a straight line, fake cross, pass across goal, tap in. 

Virtually every game has Saint-Maximan doing this and Pukki tapping in.

So, so, so annoying.

I would have thought Ligue 1 would have been one of the weakest leagues to build a team around him, but suppose could do a Brazilian squad as well. I’d probably sell though. 
I ended up selling Martial. Got 56k for him. For 83 rated. I’m guessing pace=overinflated prices? 
Ligue 1 and spfl/ Scottish teams are what I have and the likes of if bernadetto are excellent. Picked up if thiago silva for 50k and play him next to denayer and it works a treat. There is a few weak spots but nothing major.

For anyone who enjoys the graft of an spfl/ Scottish team, if defoe seems to finish everything. 20191012_184149.jpeg

The packs seem a lot more rewarding this year. After the joy of rivals rewards and marquee match ups last week (Kane, De Gea and Son), I got both Vidal and Fernandino in the same milestone pack just now. Untradeable but Vidal goes straight into the team and Fernandinho will be good for an SBC.

On 05/10/2019 at 10:20, G_Man1985 said:

Right I'm giving this a go since I got this for much cheapness.
How do you score free kicks? I'm either shite but I just can't get close.
For Ultimate team is their an app you can use ?

I have genuinely never scored a free kick in any FIFA and I’ve been playing it since 98 RTWC. 

On 11/10/2019 at 13:53, deej said:

Cheers. Got ~1200 so won't be in this weekend league but hopefully get over the 2000 barrier this week. No idea what to expect when I do actually play one. 

Expect to be sitting in a pool of your own sweat as you watch your opponent do scoop turn crosses and la croquettas straight through the middle of your defence. I played WL 3 times last year and my best was 14 wins, some of the teams I came up against were unreal and I dread to think the money some of them spent on their team. I’m a little ashamed to say last year I put a four figure sum into UT and my team was nowhere near these guys. I’ve been given FIFA 20 as a gift but I’ve yet to play it because I smashed both of my controllers on the last version. 

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

This question isn't just aimed at you.

How much are people spending on points, to be packing these players?

I spent a tenner in the first week on some packs, they were all shit, and haven't spent any more since. There are plenty of opportunities to get free packs through marquee match ups, rivals, squad battles etc.  I did the same last year and ended up with a pretty decent team. If people want to spend hundreds on packs that is up to them but you can still build a decent team without having to do that, albiet a bit slower. 

Edited by mrpaddyx

Managed to fudge my way to Gold 1 in the final game; a terrible run of form late last night meant that I needed 9 wins from 11 games today and, after investing my coins and changing from a Ligue 1 team of;

Depay

Atal - Ben Yedder - Martins

Gueye - Mendes

Bernat - Kimpembe - Marquinhos - Aguilar

Navas

to a hybrid team of;

Werner

Costa - Havertz - Bale

IF Delaney - Goretzka

Sandro - Kimpembe - Marquinhos - Carvajal

Navas

I succeeded in doing so in the final match. The teams some folk have just two weeks in are frightening - even myself, this is by far the best team I have had so early on and it's still not near the level of some I'm seeing. Bale really isn't worth the 170k coins I paid for him, but his finishing is absolutely tremendous. Simply cannot wait to get sack all in my rewards! (2 x jumbo gold rare player packs)

8 hours ago, grumswall said:

I wonder that too, some teams are obscene. Mines is absolutely shite in comparison...

Screenshot_20191013-080308_Companion.thumb.jpg.4bfa156d050f1f9b52290bc28b0b34c4.jpg

... but I'm only able to play some nights every few days. Unless you play it constantly you get left behind so quickly every year tbf. Used to be fine when you could rattle through Divisions and get rewards after so many games, this waiting a week for rewards kills me.

I know it seems untrue but I've genuinely not spent a penny on this game, Aguero came out of draft rewards and Neymar was out of an sbc, I was complaining yesterday because I've not had a single walkout this year at all even the 14k ones then I go and get Neymar and Aguero in the same day, mental.

For all those who play career mode, theres no patches expected for that in the next week.

It means that it's likely that both forms of career mode will have been unplayable for the first month of release.

EA staff has responded by blocking anyone who asks them for an update claiming its "personal abuse".