FIFA 20

TheGoon

I think I have four main issues with the game:

1) Heading is completely fucked, mostly from set plays. Your player either seems to duff it into the ground or leather it into row Z.

2) Auto-switching of players is really bad, particularly with the player it decides to switch to. It has been quite bad for the past two games but I think it's worse in this.

3) The aforementioned issue with absolute diddies skating past high rated defenders. Centre-backs are flaky as f**k in this, regularly getting beaten by relatively low rated players.

4) I still hate the new penalty taking style, no idea what I'm doing.

I think I have four main issues with the game:
1) Heading is completely fucked, mostly from set plays. Your player either seems to duff it into the ground or leather it into row Z.
2) Auto-switching of players is really bad, particularly with the player it decides to switch to. It has been quite bad for the past two games but I think it's worse in this.
3) The aforementioned issue with absolute diddies skating past high rated defenders. Centre-backs are flaky as f**k in this, regularly getting beaten by relatively low rated players.
4) I still hate the new penalty taking style, no idea what I'm doing.

Agree with first 3 points. Also I feel the passing is a lottery at times.

I’m more of a career mode player, but because it’s an utter shambles I’d give this a go. This is what I’ve built so far without spending a penny of my own money.

To be fair most are untradeable. Won 4 rivals matches in a row last night, after losing the first match 4-1. Highlight was Phil Jones scoring a header. Surprised at how I coped playing against other people as I’ve rarely done this. 

McTominay with the powerhouse card is untouchable. 

The wee foundation objectives are handy to get the ball rolling for coins etc.

Did a few SBCS also to get some more packs.

Enjoying it so far. 

5440F7CE-5743-46DE-A9AC-769802311FAA.png

Edited by Wardy

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:

Can anyone tell me what icon swaps is all about. I.e how do I get one ?

It’s basically like futswaps last year. You get tokens(players with a special card type) from completing objectives that you submit into an icon sbc.

On 10/10/2019 at 21:31, Sauzee#4 said:

f**k all of you. The best I got from marquee matchups was Anthony Lopes and Cesc Fabregas.

I got Sirigu, who wont even be my best keeper, and James Milner...

It may have been mentioned before but if anyone has a Seria A team I would strongly recommend getting Lozano. He skips past players for fun. 

I’ve got a Dutch/Eredivisie hybrid squad and I’m choking for a RW. Wish Lozano was still at PSV.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It may have been mentioned before but if anyone has a Seria A team I would strongly recommend getting Lozano. He skips past players for fun. 

I'm spending the chunk of my remaining coins on him as I'm desperate for a subbie winger to bring on, a total pace whore is perfect for that role.

I've still not found a better Serie A striker than Belotti, stuck a hunter card on him and he just seems to bulldoze through folk, wins headers too.

I've went and done it again this year, Neymar two years running, I dont know if I should just scrap one half of my team and build around him or sell him and take 880k coins and build a very decent side. Screenshot_20191012-164749_Companion.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I've went and done it again this year, Neymar two years running, I dont know if I should just scrap one half of my team and build around him or sell him and take 880k coins and build a very decent side. Screenshot_20191012-164749_Companion.jpeg

I would have thought Ligue 1 would have been one of the weakest leagues to build a team around him, but suppose could do a Brazilian squad as well. I’d probably sell though. 

I ended up selling Martial. Got 56k for him. For 83 rated. I’m guessing pace=overinflated prices? 

Edited by Wardy

I'd be tempted to keep Neymar, build a squad around him by linking him through Brazil/club. 

You could have a team involving some of Alex Sandro/Allan/Coutinho/Casemiro/Firminio/Mbappe

I'm shite. 

Last played a few days ago, winning all four games including a 5-0 thumping of someone.

Tonight I've lost 5-0, 4-0, 6-0 then 7-0. Cannot defend.

Resolved this I think, by moving to a DM and two hard working CMs. Now means I need a better all round striker than Belotti though as theres no support. Only 7k coins so trying to get Lukaku. Higuain is usually my boy tonight go with that old horse if I cant get big Rom.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Are folk doing well with high rated CBs? I've got an 81 and 83, and they spend most of the time just standing about letting folk run by them.

I've lost count of how many cut backs to Pukki I've conceded because the AI CBs for me just stand still as he runs into space.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are folk doing well with high rated CBs? I've got an 81 and 83, and they spend most of the time just standing about letting folk run by them.

I've lost count of how many cut backs to Pukki I've conceded because the AI CBs for me just stand still as he runs into space.

I’ve got Godin and De Ligt and given their ratings I’d expect them to be a lot better than they are. I thinking defending/tackling almost impossible in this game. Get done loads with through balls. 

The only way I’m able to score is quick one twos sending my striker(s) clear. 

Hadn’t bought this for a couple of years but quite enjoying this version.

Is there any way you can view your previous results in UT? Someone quit on me at 7-2 down then the server froze. I want to see what the result has been given as... would be raging if I got a DNF [emoji1]