FIFA 20

TheGoon

Went for my last 3 games.  Won the first 2-1 with an absolutely shameless display of "JIST GET FKIN RID AE IT!" football towards the end.  Lost the second 7-3 in one of those games where every time you think you're getting a foothold, the guy just stomps you.  Well deserved, and the hunt for Gold 2 goes on.

21 hours ago, forameus said:

Makes a change from everyone raving about how much of a slippery little w****r Kent is.

Hes made it onto Twitter on a rant about how sweaty WL is.

EUZCewKXkAAb6x8.thumb.jpeg.ad5161129f4c92096d7fb7257f945422.jpeg

Do some SBCs to get packs.

Buy Atlantas Martinez to complete one. Get Martinez out the pack.

The other is a one player rare card.

I get UCL Brandt, to go alongside my standard Brandt. Both untradeable. 

Great stuff.

Bit the bullet and brought in Neymar and Mbappe. Solid so far, 2 rivals wins last night, 5-2 and 5-3, albeit against all gold opposition. My defending is still horrendous though. Keep gifting the opponent really easy goals too while I’m having to break down the opponent for ages before getting an opportunity. That 5-3 game, Correa scored a sublime chip after they brought their keeper out, terrible angle but in off the bar. I full celebrated but only because he gave it the full shabang when he made it 3-3. GMS made it 4-3 shortly after. Going to just keep Correa instead of going ahead and getting Rodrygo FT. He’s actually really good. Plus it gives me that coin balance to continue to do SBCs etc. Really want Vidal for the midfield. Paqueta is pretty good though. Definitely useable for a free card.

6C8981D8-6044-4CC5-A451-A997CD243A08.png

Just packed De Gea, just his standard card though.

Is he an upgrade on Handanovic?

Trying to get a hybrid side on the go now. Van Djik is literally perfect for beside De Ligt and De Gea but zero chance I can afford him, so Spanish is maybe the route to go. Means I could use a EPL right back, or La Liga right back, aswell.

Packed a TOTW Moments player aswell.

Huntelaar 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

This is the team I'm going to try and target building over the next week...

Screenshot_20200331-130838_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3cb395760e42ab32f921003cd04e6198.jpg

... sitting at 30k coins with top rewards from Div 6 and Silver 1 rewards from WL to come. Also got about 100k worth of players on the market too.

Hopefully figure out a right back. Wanted Cuadrados highest rated card but it's not on the market just now.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the team I'm going to try and target building over the next week...

Screenshot_20200331-130838_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3cb395760e42ab32f921003cd04e6198.jpg

... sitting at 30k coins with top rewards from Div 6 and Silver 1 rewards from WL to come. Also got about 100k worth of players on the market too.

Hopefully figure out a right back. Wanted Cuadrados highest rated card but it's not on the market just now.

I’m guessing you never picked the storyline Danilo card? I’d suggest Hateboer shapeshifter but he’s sitting at 230k at present. Outstanding though. I only sold him because I ended up doing the Moments Ramos SBC. 

12 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I’m guessing you never picked the storyline Danilo card? I’d suggest Hateboer shapeshifter but he’s sitting at 230k at present. Outstanding though. I only sold him because I ended up doing the Moments Ramos SBC. 

Yeah missed Danilo, and that Hateboer is miles from what I could afford. Using shapeshifter Nandez there just now and hes sort of quick enough and strong enough, but wanting a proper quality player at both ends.

Cam exclusively reveal De Gea is not better than Handanovic.

Worst keeper I've used in this years game, spills everything. 

28 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Handanovic is one of the most solid Gold keepers. Can't go much wrong with him tbh. He's just not as good as the Stegosaurus.

De Gea is untradeable so I'm sticking with him, pulled of some mental saves after I slated him.

Just scudded s team full of Icons including Pele 5-2. De Ligt and Koulibaly dominant.

Next game I lose 2-0 to an all gold side, standard Origi scoring both unmarked inside the box while I barely get a shot, as every single pass is over hit or sees the receiving player micontrol it. Absolutely mental.

19 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Not far off completing the La Liga SBC challenge, what a grind. Anyone else managed to complete it? Is Hernandez decent or better off getting one of the other two? Already got Messi and Asensio on wings.

Could still take Correa and potentially start as a CAM? Or use as a sub? Not used Hernandez. I’ve completed the la liga one like 3 times but used Correa in the icon SBC the last time. But keeping him this time round. Links well with Ramos. Not tried the Mallorca striker but the boy from Bilbao was decent when I used him for icon tokens last season. 

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

De Gea is untradeable so I'm sticking with him, pulled of some mental saves after I slated him.

Just scudded s team full of Icons including Pele 5-2. De Ligt and Koulibaly dominant.

Next game I lose 2-0 to an all gold side, standard Origi scoring both unmarked inside the box while I barely get a shot, as every single pass is over hit or sees the receiving player micontrol it. Absolutely mental.

Standard gold teams you need to watch out for. Drag backs and the like. 

14 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Standard gold teams you need to watch out for. Drag backs and the like. 

Its fucking awful stuff. Every single touch of the ball is a drag back, every single attack is aimed to get to the byline, to the point I've had people give up a chance to go clean through so they can give it to a winger to cut back instead.

This is why I stopped playing for months. It's not enjoyable.

8 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

You want any proof that packs are rigged look no further than the fact that two days in a row my reward from completing the fut birthday sbc has been Callejon

Prime gold pack I got some Libertadores striker, and a Kevin Kampl. Thrilled is an understatement. I’ve packed a future star, team of the group stage and a shapeshifter but not sure I’ll pack a fut birthday. Never know on Thursday when then marquee matchups come out again...

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just packed De Gea, just his standard card though.

Is he an upgrade on Handanovic?

Trying to get a hybrid side on the go now. Van Djik is literally perfect for beside De Ligt and De Gea but zero chance I can afford him, so Spanish is maybe the route to go. Means I could use a EPL right back, or La Liga right back, aswell.

Packed a TOTW Moments player aswell.

Huntelaar 😂

Oblak is my first choice but I went back to De Gea as he fits better with VVD and Koeman, still plays ok for me.