FIFA 20

TheGoon

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How are they doing it then?

It has made a difference in previous years so some will still do it out of habit, others out of ignorance, some out of a stupid belief it will still make a difference even though EA have confirmed it doesn't.

Your squad rating can affect your squad battle refresh. I can't remember if it's used in Friendly match making.

10 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It has made a difference in previous years so some will still do it out of habit, others out of ignorance, some out of a stupid belief it will still make a difference even though EA have confirmed it doesn't.

Your squad rating can affect your squad battle refresh. I can't remember if it's used in Friendly match making.

Meant how do they decide who you play against? Always assumed it was by squad rating.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Meant how do they decide who you play against? Always assumed it was by squad rating.

I think it matches you against people who are on the same win or lose streak as you? Not 100% sure though. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ah right. As Wardy says it's based on your form at the time, and in Rivals obviously your division/skill points too.

55 minutes ago, Wardy said:

It’s handy when one of the actual objectives to get Paqueta is scoring from crosses. Happened to me earlier in the week, was an online match as well trying to get swaps. Bloody nightmare. Better get fixed soon. 

Happened to me in the last minute of time added on in a squad battle I was winning 5-0 last night. Seething.

First jaunt into the Weekend League ends 11-17.

Targeted 11 wins so chuffed enough. Blitzed the first five games, then got hammered by a lot of sweaty b*****ds. Ended up 9-15, before slogging my way to the 11.

Any chance of reaching 14 ended by an unreal player who just destroyed me. Quit after at half time tbh, no point wasting his time anymore with my dreadful attempts at salvaging it.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

First jaunt into the Weekend League ends 11-17.

Targeted 11 wins so chuffed enough. Blitzed the first five games, then got hammered by a lot of sweaty b*****ds. Ended up 9-15, before slogging my way to the 11.

Any chance of reaching 14 ended by an unreal player who just destroyed me. Quit after at half time tbh, no point wasting his time anymore with my dreadful attempts at salvaging it.

If you win one more game you can get an Icon Swap player.

Reached Gold 3 with 7 games to spare, which is far more comfortable than normal. That came after losing 4 of my first 5 and a further 2 due to disconnects.

Gave wins away for my remaining 7 games and actually got 3 thank you messages back - again far more than normal.

Looks like I’m missing elite 1 on squad battles by 200 points this week. Rewards have been shite from it the last couple of weeks anyway so hopefully better luck from elite 2 this week :lol: the 30k coins would have been handy though

13 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Looks like I’m missing elite 1 on squad battles by 200 points this week. Rewards have been shite from it the last couple of weeks anyway so hopefully better luck from elite 2 this week :lol: the 30k coins would have been handy though

I’m going to have to settle for Gold 2. Least we got an extra hour. Tearing my hair out at these Paqueta objectives, because my Serie A 4 star skillers and weak foots consist of Luis Alberto, Ilicic, Calhanoglu who have like 50 pace between them. Martinez in form and politano making it slightly easier. Absolute slog. Then trying to bring on Lucas Moura and Roberto firmino to try and score a volley (1 so far) 

Did three refreshes and still not a complete bronze team to smash them in with either. It’s like it knows your pushing hard for objectives so it decides to be an awkward c**t. (All in my head) 😂

9 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

If you win one more game you can get an Icon Swap player.

Is that an actual Icon or just one of the dud players you exchange for one?

I dont bother grafting for them so the dud players are fairly pointless when handed to me. 

Sitting at 12/8 just now on WL after starting with 6/1. I went on a run of losing 4 or 5 against mental teams with your several icons, Messi etc. I should get gold 3 no bother and perhaps push for gold 2 if I can reach gold 3 in the next 3 games.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that an actual Icon or just one of the dud players you exchange for one?

I dont bother grafting for them so the dud players are fairly pointless when handed to me. 

It's just the token player to put towards an icon.

Some of the tokens are quite easy to get, particularly if you play squad battles, but if you don't bother with any it's makes no difference.

22 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It's just the token player to put towards an icon.

Some of the tokens are quite easy to get, particularly if you play squad battles, but if you don't bother with any it's makes no difference.

Cheers.

Aye I done squad battles before but it just bores me and puts me right off the game, tbh.