FIFA 20

TheGoon

Played a handful of games last night in Rivals with that team, only to be reminded why I really can't be arsed with actually playing the game anymore.  Nothing that bad, just the same mix of antisocial opponents and mixed gameplay..  Thought I might knock out a few of the Mendy objectives, but I hadn't really realised just how much you needed to do.  2 wins off the very first objective, but still need 3 before I can start the rest of them.  Think I'll pass.

2 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

IMG_2001.jpg

Changed it up a bit for this weekend league.

Ndombele is an absolute beast in the middle of the park for me, his positioning is just superb. The only thing that seems to let him down is the finishing.

23 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Change might finally be coming 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53253195

I can't help feeling that people are being far too hopeful about this.  EA know that this kind of thing might happen eventually, after all it already has in a few other countries.  They'll have contingency plans in place, as there's no way they're just going to give up all that sweet profit. So in that case, the question becomes what will they replace it with?  They're not going to grow a conscience and bring in anything consumer friendly.  I expect season passes are a given, which would likely take what we have now behind a paywall.  At the moment you can pay for a copy of FIFA and then not pay another penny all year.  I expect that will be much harder or impossible after points as more stuff becomes gated.  I also wouldn't put it past them to put up certain players for fixed amounts so people can buy them with real cash.  Hey, it's not gambling!

I've always thought that a FIFA entirely without points would be interesting, but I'm not exactly getting the bunting out until EA show what they're cooking up in response.

Regardless of what they do, I'm not intending on playing Ultimate Team next year. I've sunk so much time in to this year when I could have been doing something more productive. I'll probably buy FIFA to have a go at a career, something a bit longer like sticking Saints in EFL League 2 and working up,  but I'm done with FUT. The whole FOMO culture they have created has reeled me right in, and in all honesty I'll be glad to stop. Case in point is grinding for someone like Mendy - he doesn't even fit my team (although he can if I rearrange and link him to Laporte & Ndombele). 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Anyone had any experience using him?

I used him for ages and he's very good.

I played with a back 5 then, with two quick centrebacks sweeping on either side, and used David Luiz to step forward and attack everything. He was excellent for that and very strong in the tackle.

He was good too in a back 4, but again, I felt you needed a sweeper type beside him.

I only gave up with Luiz when I packed Prime Rio, as I couldn't get them to work well together and Rio had the icon thing of performing above his stats.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Went back to this today for a wee go at the weekend league. I’ve been pummelling Last of Us 2 so wanted a break.

Shouldn’t have bothered. Went back to killing diseased ravaged humans and felt all the more relaxed for it.

Just completed Dembele. Spent about 120k in coins, a whole heap of fodder and also packed four 87+ players along the way including 92 Moments Ter Stegen which helped massively.

By far the highest rated team I've ever had in ultimate team, only played briefly in 18 & 19 so this is my first year with all the promos that happen these days. Only Semedo & VVD are tradable. Will be 433/4231 in game. 

15939591887408059350399557351432.jpg

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Kante would have been good if I was still playing.

Screenshot_20200705-181855.png

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but if you're not still playing then why do the SBC?

47 minutes ago, deej said:

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but if you're not still playing then why do the SBC?

To be fair, aside from a few games here and there, I'm not really actively playing, but I'm still doing SBCs etc.  Mucking about on the companion app with the resources I've spent all year building up isn't too time-consuming, and If I got really lucky with a pull I might go back for a bit.  If not, no harm done.  Don't see the point in just letting all the cards and coins sit.

On that note, I did the 88+ one , and.....meh.  Scream Aguero (would've been great months and months ago), IF Coutinho (meeeh), NIF Cavani (meeeeeeeeeh) but then the dynamic UCL cards of Depay and Alba.  If Lyon and Barcelona get through, they should at least be a wee bit of a boost to SBCs in future.

22 minutes ago, forameus said:

To be fair, aside from a few games here and there, I'm not really actively playing, but I'm still doing SBCs etc.  Mucking about on the companion app with the resources I've spent all year building up isn't too time-consuming, and If I got really lucky with a pull I might go back for a bit.  If not, no harm done.  Don't see the point in just letting all the cards and coins sit.

On that note, I did the 88+ one , and.....meh.  Scream Aguero (would've been great months and months ago), IF Coutinho (meeeh), NIF Cavani (meeeeeeeeeh) but then the dynamic UCL cards of Depay and Alba.  If Lyon and Barcelona get through, they should at least be a wee bit of a boost to SBCs in future.

Fair point. 

Jaggy Snake has 2.1m coins sitting there - if I was "done" I'd probably have spunked that all on Dalglish or something just to try and enjoy it a bit