FIFA 20

TheGoon

41 minutes ago, deej said:

On the squad building - how is this an 88 squad; 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.428fa9c28862181cd799a79012f12ad7.png

But swapping a 94 for an 84 (-10), a 77 for an 85 (+8) and a 79 for an 84(+5) gives me a lower rated squad??

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.4f73fc8fe7f619a300ee7c37823b4263.png

The formula isn't a true average, it's actually quite convoluted.  If you'd indulge me being a bit of a VL, it's something along the lines of the below...

• Sum up all the ratings in the 11 and take an average
  • Take all the ratings over this average and add up the difference between those ratings and the average
  • Add that value onto the sum of all the ratings
  • Divide that by 11 and round down

It's why an 83 squad can have 9 83s and a couple of 82s, rather than it just being a true average.  I've no idea why they do it that way.

Wouldn't normally do these Icon SBC's as my pack luck is shocking. Since the game is dead thought I might as well chuck some high rated players I have never used at it.

Not even surprised that I got Trezeguet from it since I already have his Prime Moments card.

36 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

f**k off. I'm actually fuming at that. 

Sad little virgins on twitter and reddit coordinating a campaign to stop it because "hE's tOo oVeRpOwErEd" 

Kent was the only card I was looking forward to. Doubt I'll play the game again all summer now tbh. 

It's not really anything to do with that though. It's EA's stupid voting system.

Loads of people don't pay attention to the first screen and don't read that it's a vote, so given a player pick will just take the highest card (Jovic). No young kid is going to pick a 74 rated Kent card over an 83 Real Madrid striker.

People who don't care for any of the optionsn and don't plan to do the SBC will generally pick the highest (Jovic).

Then you have those who just want to avoid the OP player, so will vote for anything but Kent types (ie Jovic).

Had this been a Twitter poll, or the loan card had the potential rating (which would be a much better way of doing it as they're only a 1 game card anyway), I suspect Kent would have won.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I played a game of Rivals last night, the guy messaged me asking to let him score 3 goals and he would give me the win. Gave him his goals and he then kept playing...

First time anything like that has happened to me...made me far more angry than it should have.

4 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

I played a game of Rivals last night, the guy messaged me asking to let him score 3 goals and he would give me the win. Gave him his goals and he then kept playing...

First time anything like that has happened to me...made me far more angry than it should have.

Had that ages ago, managed to get it back to within one goal then he quit and I got handed a loss.

I've not played a single game since the French WL. Not missing the game in the slightest.

I reckon I’ll stop at gold 2 again this weekend.

There is some amount of toxic rats this weekend. I’ve won 14 from 17 and I have maybe enjoyed one game. The Fifa community are absolutely shocking.

Maybe now that a fair chunk of the ‘normal’ players have probably taken a break and/or stopped completely, the ones that are left will be largely the little freaks who think that they are all professional gamers and seem to live for all the little meta bits and the toxic gameplay.

I’d be fully expecting to watch every single celebration and replay.

Maybe now that a fair chunk of the ‘normal’ players have probably taken a break and/or stopped completely, the ones that are left will be largely the little freaks who think that they are all professional gamers and seem to live for all the little meta bits and the toxic gameplay.

I’d be fully expecting to watch every single celebration and replay.

Upto 17 wins from 20 games now.

My last opponent was really difficult and we were both playing 4222 and changed to 41212 (wide) in second half. The most even game I think I’ve played with regards to style, possession and shots. No-one watching replays and no 4231 or dragbacks.

He went 2-1 up on 86 minutes and proceeded to shoosh me. I won 3-2 and I have never felt so smug in my entire life.

Haven't played a match since 3 WLs ago, and can't say I'm missing it too much.  Objective cards look good, but I just can't bring myself to jump back into that.  Have been doing a few SBCs, and a couple of Icon Upgrades though.  Giggs and Shearer.  Cheers guys.

Just done the moments sbc, 84 squad. 

Goretzka. Bloody typical the one time I get a quality pull, I've already fucking got him 😂

2 Icon Packs so far, Rijkaard and Drogba. Not the unreal ones, but happy enough seeing as I never bought anyone to do them

Also did the Moments SBC, got Fati, which is...alright i guess.  Could be worse.  Was expecting Josh King.
Did another Icon though, because why not?  Sol Campbell.  That's why not.
More than useable. Guys a tank in game.

Didn't play this WL and didn't miss it at all. Will have a go tonight at making some progress towards Mendy. Doesn't fit my team at all but wouldn't say no to a free 85, 87 & 89 card for SBCs.

Also, Monday morning is clearly the time to buy squad fitness cards

image.png.ea477dba173e5c137fe718edd78220c3.png

These will all go for 1300-1500 later in the week

Edited by deej

4 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
5 minutes ago, forameus said:
Also did the Moments SBC, got Fati, which is...alright i guess.  Could be worse.  Was expecting Josh King.
Did another Icon though, because why not?  Sol Campbell.  That's why not.

More than useable. Guys a tank in game.

Yeah, I suppose.  But I'm not sure he's the best you could get at this stage in 20.  Same with Shearer.  There was a point just a couple of months ago where I was seriously considering getting Shearer as i loved his cards in 19 and the weaker ones in 20.  But now there's TOTS players all over the place that easily outstrip them.  

I see Campbell's still holding at around 300k, which is more than I thought he'd be.