FIFA 20

TheGoon

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

It would but his stamina is horrific as is his agility and balance.

Not sure why EA persist in doing this with so many cards. They give someone a huge boost to everything and leave one or two important stats miles behind.

66 stamina, 66 balance and 70 agility is woeful for what otherwise is a genuinely brilliant card.

It's their upgrade algorithm.  FUTBIN have a version of it, you take the base card, plug in the rating you want it to be, and the attributes come out at the end of it.  Thanks to the stamina of the original card, that's literally the best it could get under the current system.

It definitely needs rethought.  It keeps things largely consistent I guess, which is probably their thinking behind it so you don't get weird outlier cards that are completely different.  But then from our perspective...would that be so bad?  I'm sure they used to do very specific upgrades for TOTW where a player who scored a long shot had that boosted.  I'd much rather see actual different cards go up, rather than the same base card having the same problems no matter what upgrade it gets.

But then at the same time, playing devil's advocate, does allowing something like this just mean that by this time of year, every card is essentially the same?  

Edited by forameus

He’s not exactly a slouch in the pace stakes [emoji23]

For what it’s worth with Hunter he “should” have around 98 pace, but for whatever reason anyone that doesn’t have a slim body type with high agility will always feel slow as f**k on the turn and in straight lines, regardless of their pace in stats.

9 hours ago, forameus said:

It's their upgrade algorithm.  FUTBIN have a version of it, you take the base card, plug in the rating you want it to be, and the attributes come out at the end of it.  Thanks to the stamina of the original card, that's literally the best it could get under the current system.

It definitely needs rethought.  It keeps things largely consistent I guess, which is probably their thinking behind it so you don't get weird outlier cards that are completely different.  But then from our perspective...would that be so bad?  I'm sure they used to do very specific upgrades for TOTW where a player who scored a long shot had that boosted.  I'd much rather see actual different cards go up, rather than the same base card having the same problems no matter what upgrade it gets.

But then at the same time, playing devil's advocate, does allowing something like this just mean that by this time of year, every card is essentially the same?  

And they went quite the opposite way this year - remember Upamecano SBC, celebrating an amazing volley he scored?

image.png.e65c27288f3571f90191731a0957e66e.png 

And remember his volley stats?

image.png.538b0c924aae9f6a9c799b535fa49888.png

On 12/06/2020 at 18:15, stumigoo said:

Because they know that they have customer retention. It’s the only reason. I admitted earlier in this thread that I’ll buy it next year (largely because United are in it). There are no competitors. I always think about buying Pes and then back out and stump for FIFA. It’s a shame, they have ruined so many different game modes and enjoyable elements.

As I said the other day, I now have a club (we all do) that has a huge number of useless cards, and some of them are really high rated. There are no game modes to use them in. No real competitions. The only online competitive modes are Weekend League and a totally poisonous Rivals. Yes I can hold on to these cards without using them because they are good ‘SBC fodder’ but there’s only so many of those to do.

I actually went a step further and bought PES this year. It was fucking terrible and within two weeks I traded it in to get FIFA

Not really widespread reports yet, but looks like someone got a ban from EA for giving away WL wins.  Tears and snotters everywhere.  Will be hilarious if EA get serious about people taking shortcuts like that.

Need to play some online rivals for the weekly XP but absolutely no motivation to play. Don't see how much better my team could get apart from upgrading Gullit, but would still have to be a Dutch icon for chemistry and I'm not close to affording any of the decent ones.

Either start with this lineup or Mane LW and Laudrup ST. Red Orsic will be the sweaty supersub.

Screenshot_20200616_121354_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

20 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Why would that be a good thing?

I know I'll be in the minority, but I'd rather earn everything.  WL wins aren't really the same, but with objectives, we've seen EA make them harder in the past when people tried to scum them, which ruins it for everyone.  So in that case, if EA are moving to stop that kind of stuff, I'd be 100% supportive of it.

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

I know I'll be in the minority, but I'd rather earn everything.  WL wins aren't really the same, but with objectives, we've seen EA make them harder in the past when people tried to scum them, which ruins it for everyone.  So in that case, if EA are moving to stop that kind of stuff, I'd be 100% supportive of it.

I'd rather they focussed on fixing, and punishing, people who spam the "no loss" method every single week.

But then again the same people probably pump real money in, so going after people who just try and enjoy the game and help others do so is far more EA.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd rather they focussed on fixing, and punishing, people who spam the "no loss" method every single week.

But then again the same people probably pump real money in, so going after people who just try and enjoy the game and help others do so is far more EA.

Absolutely.  There's a million things they need to go after fixing in the game, but this is easier for them.  I'd rather they did the former too, but I'm not against the latter.

16 minutes ago, forameus said:

Absolutely.  There's a million things they need to go after fixing in the game, but this is easier for them.  I'd rather they did the former too, but I'm not against the latter.

Why? Unless you're being denied the Top 100 by it, why does people handing wins to others affect you at all?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why? Unless you're being denied the Top 100 by it, why does people handing wins to others affect you at all?

It doesn't.  I said it stems from the objective stuff and it's less aimed at Champs games.

I agree on the objectives side of things, as I prefer to earn them rather than exchange goals etc, but I always give away my spare WL games. It doesn't do me any harm and can relieve the stress others go through. It's very rare to match with someone giving away WL wins so it's hardly that prevalent.

Rather than punishing people though, all EA need to do is change the reward system so that every win matters. You'll still get people stopping at the equivalent of Gold 2/3 with games to spare, but it would cut down on it if you knew every extra win would get you another 3000 coins/an extra or better pack etc.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

23 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Rather than punishing people though, all EA need to do is change the reward system so that every win matters. You'll still get people stopping at the equivalent of Gold 2/3 with games to spare, but it would cut down on it if you knew every extra win would get you another 3000 coins/an extra or better pack etc.

That too.  It's really odd that they haven't, as I would've thought this was a slam dunk to them.  How many people don't play their 30 purely because there's not enough games to get to the next rank?  And how many get put off with the thought that they need another 3?  Having that feeling of "just one more game" is surely right up EA's street?

16 minutes ago, Dave said:

If this is what Summer Heat is then I'll be enjoying the heat in Verdansk instead...

15923286620127579274098575661537.jpg

Shapeshifter and Headliners were decent promos but I’ve no desire to revisit them. If they were really thinking out the box some kind of European Championship classic cards would have been nice.