FIFA 20

TheGoon

12 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

This does seem to be a weekend of people trying to be dickish, it almost feels like rivals. I reckon a fair percentage of ‘normal’ players have ditched it now, and maybe the ratio of decent guys to wanks has been impacted.

The good thing for me is that the majority of these pace whoring, down the line, cut back, drag back, drop back merchants don’t actually know how to play the game when they come up against someone who’s happy to play a fairly bog standard brand of possession based attacking FIFA. Nothing better than conceding to someone who loves a wee celebration and replay sesh and you end up winning comfortably.

It's hellish this weekend. I just conceded an overhead kick to 85 rated Ben Yedder.

If anyone is in doubt about doing Lucas Moura - get it done. The man is fucking incredible. 45 Goals and 8 assists in 25 WL matches this weekend, absolutely carrying my team. 

14-11 after a shite Friday, will probably have a crack at Gold 2 later on

Benzema for me as well, having got Sancho last time.

I mean it isn't really a loss, near enough 900k worth of players, but...meh. 

Last of Us 2 arriving on Friday and probably Warzone until then. Just can't see there being much incentive to play FIFA in the next few weeks. 

11-18 so that's me done for the week. Will give my last game away.

An enforced absence by failing to win 11 games probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I've only done 3 of these Weekend Leagues but I reckon it's taken years off my life. I can feel my blood pressure rising as I'm playing. Quite concerning tbh.

Well that’s it. I’m done with FIFA for a while. Not because I didn’t do well this weekend, I got Gold 2 and was happy enough, but that’s pretty much the end of the game for me given we’ve been through all the promos etc (well, apart from ‘Summer Heat’). Last of Us next week too.

EA saved the best until last. What an absolute belter of a game. Complete and utter torture. Never seen so many lucky goals for the opposition and so many moments of madness for me, including three or four goal line misses, posts being smashed and a missed penalty. I needed a 120th minute winner and it felt great but I never want to be put through that again!

IMG_6069.jpg

2 hours ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

People should be buzzing with Benzema ... He’s genuinely insane. Shoot ye score, simple as that. 

2 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

I’d have been fucking delighted

Yeah, it's obviously not the worst, but he's not really the player that really changes FIFA for me.  Although to be fair it's only really 3 or 4 that would.  It also spreads out where I have good TOTS options even further.  I've probably got about half a good team in each of the major leagues, maybe even slightly more, but not really sure I've got the right players to mix up two of them into a high-chemistry team without sacrificing players I want to keep.  

Looking back, going hard in most of the upgrade weeks was a fucking stupid idea.  A lot of time and coins spent to get to the point where I don't even really want to play the game.  

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Well that’s it. I’m done with FIFA for a while. Not because I didn’t do well this weekend, I got Gold 2 and was happy enough, but that’s pretty much the end of the game for me given we’ve been through all the promos etc (well, apart from ‘Summer Heat’). Last of Us next week too.

EA saved the best until last. What an absolute belter of a game. Complete and utter torture. Never seen so many lucky goals for the opposition and so many moments of madness for me, including three or four goal line misses, posts being smashed and a missed penalty. I needed a 120th minute winner and it felt great but I never want to be put through that again!

IMG_6069.jpg

40 (forty) fucking shots hahhhahahahahahaha I don’t think I ever ever seen that many on the stats before. That’s incredible. 30 shots on target and only 5 goals tells you all you need to know about this game. Defies the law of averages so it does. 😂

Least you won in the end mind....

40 (forty) fucking shots hahhhahahahahahaha I don’t think I ever ever seen that many on the stats before. That’s incredible. 30 shots on target and only 5 goals tells you all you need to know about this game. Defies the law of averages so it does. [emoji23]
Least you won in the end mind....

It was a fitting tribute to this year’s FIFA. A truly astonishing 25 or so minutes of gameplay. If he the first to admit of most of those efforts were tame potshots but a fair chunk of them were just off the post, miraculous saves, horrific bounces, blocks and goal mouth scrambles.

A nice way to end it for a wee while.

Aduriz card looks tasty.

It would but his stamina is horrific as is his agility and balance.

Not sure why EA persist in doing this with so many cards. They give someone a huge boost to everything and leave one or two important stats miles behind.

66 stamina, 66 balance and 70 agility is woeful for what otherwise is a genuinely brilliant card.