FIFA 20

TheGoon

6 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Yeah, no Ultimate SBC and everything else has vanished so TOTS is officially over. Just the Silva card available.

They are however teasing something called ‘Summer Heat’ that starts next week.

Where can they actually go now with cards though?

Most folk have squads full of 94+ players as it is.

It might end up great fun if they start pumping out completely bizarre cards (shapeshifter GMS was a total wildcard).

Wow. 

It's like they genuinely try to antagonise their player base out of spite for the constant criticism they get. 

Because they know that they have customer retention. It’s the only reason. I admitted earlier in this thread that I’ll buy it next year (largely because United are in it). There are no competitors. I always think about buying Pes and then back out and stump for FIFA. It’s a shame, they have ruined so many different game modes and enjoyable elements.

As I said the other day, I now have a club (we all do) that has a huge number of useless cards, and some of them are really high rated. There are no game modes to use them in. No real competitions. The only online competitive modes are Weekend League and a totally poisonous Rivals. Yes I can hold on to these cards without using them because they are good ‘SBC fodder’ but there’s only so many of those to do.

Where can they actually go now with cards though?
Most folk have squads full of 94+ players as it is.
It might end up great fun if they start pumping out completely bizarre cards (shapeshifter GMS was a total wildcard).

That would require them to be creative and reward the community. To be honest I’d have more respect for them if Summer Heat became a new tournament or online game mode (like they did in the past with the World Cup)

Speaking as someone who sunk about 650k into cards this afternoon in anticipation of them releasing it...

This is absolutely fucking top quality trolling from EA, to the point where you've got to hand it to them.  People obsessively search "the code" (usually spoke of like they're fucking Neo) for anything changing, and have been doing so for days now in anticipation of this coming.  It didn't, so they moaned.  Now it did appear, and it's almost as if EA did it deliberately just to get it round them.  You have to admire their audacity.  

Scared to look at how much I've lost now...och well.  It at least makes my weekend decision all the more clear - f**k the Weekend League now.

EDIT: The scores are in, and this knob just lost about 200k.  Yass!

Edited by forameus

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

That would require them to be creative and reward the community. To be honest I’d have more respect for them if Summer Heat became a new tournament or online game mode (like they did in the past with the World Cup)

Oh Stu Stu Stu...

Say hello to the same Ben Yedder, Griezmann, Messi, Ronaldo etc cards, but...

New Hat Lisa GIF - NewHat Lisa Smithers - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by forameus

Oh Stu Stu Stu...
Say hello to the same Ben Yedder, Griezmann, Messi, Ronaldo etc cards, but...

tenor.gif?itemid=14076043&key=22d27bd29b1aa5095ad4c5bac0618edcbf502a9c4e1209146b6792aaf15d94ff

Oh I know it’ll be a standard EA promo and one that might have been useful a few months ago but not now given the squads people have.

You never know though, they may surprise us...

Just now, stumigoo said:

Oh I know it’ll be a standard EA promo and one that might have been useful a few months ago but not now given the squads people have.

You never know though, they may surprise us...

I think Shapeshifters was the moment it turned for me.  It was a new promo, something with a lot of potential.  They could've done it like Ultimate Scream was on 19, with stats shifting on certain schedules, and making cards fairly unique and dynamic.  

What did they do?  Slapped a different position on, boosted stats and called it a day.  Just so, so lazy, yet it's hard to say they did wrong given that they probably made another million on just one lightning round for it.

Speaking as someone who sunk about 650k into cards this afternoon in anticipation of them releasing it...
This is absolutely fucking top quality trolling from EA, to the point where you've got to hand it to them.  People obsessively search "the code" (usually spoke of like they're fucking Neo) for anything changing, and have been doing so for days now in anticipation of this coming.  It didn't, so they moaned.  Now it did appear, and it's almost as if EA did it deliberately just to get it round them.  You have to admire their audacity.  
Scared to look at how much I've lost now...och well.  It at least makes my weekend decision all the more clear - f**k the Weekend League now.
EDIT: The scores are in, and this knob just lost about 200k.  Yass!

I done the same as this was 100% in the code.

It may be tomorrow?

I didn’t spend a mental amount but I bought enough to be annoyed.

1 minute ago, Mayos Noun said:

I done the same as this was 100% in the code.

It may be tomorrow?

I didn’t spend a mental amount but I bought enough to be annoyed.

I put them on open bid so they would end around 620ish, hoping to catch everyone frantically buying up.  Instead, I got the opposite with people frantically getting rid.  A few people got some fodder bargains, so good on them.  

EDIT: I didn't sell one of each  I bought, and if I got all my money back for those 4 I'd get about 100k back, so not quite the eye-watering loss.  Can probably get away with just selling them, not like I'm short of fodder.  So probably looking at a 100k loss, not quite as bad.  

I also see EA have released a new server in Dallas, a short distance from Castro.

Ironically last week Castro has announced he has been sick of Fifa and playing GTA.

He gets his own packs and a data centre near him. Superb.

It would depend if these were added recently or not.  If they've always been there, I'd imagine it's promotional stuff around release.  They rely on these pissbabies on youtube to drive a lot of attention to the product, whether it's negative or not, and I expect there's certain sweeteners.  They've got TIFOs ffs*.

* And for avoidance of doubt, if you're using one of those, you're OFTW.

Just now, Moo said:

After calling people mugs, I then became one of the mugs and done a deluxe sbc. Got trolled with the Brazilian flag and PSG and it was Thiago Silva. 🤡

I don't usually get trolled in the traditional ways with packs, but after being made aware of the potential for a Portuegese one during Serie A TOTS, I got the Portugal...ST.................Liga NOS one.  They had me going, certainly did.

Edited by forameus