FIFA 20

TheGoon

Hradecky yesterday. Handanovic today. Game is pretty much done for me at this point. The only decent player I’ve had out of a guaranteed tots sbc was Thiago out of the community tots with the rest being absolutely shite.

Got the German left back out the RoW tots, so I suppose that’s a small win. 

6 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I think the issue is that they are pulling back more and more with certain things and the ‘community’ don’t seem to be happy. Even the usual online cheerleaders for FIFA seem to be moving on to other things.

One thing I realised the other days was the fact that they used to, maybe three or four times a year, just give you some free packs for playing the game and logging into the app for so many days.
As you say, it’s just very dull and that’s the problem.

None of which will make a blind bit of difference.

EA are probably going to make the Ultimate TOTS last two weeks, given they've done that with most promos and they're doing the same weekend league rewards.

If they care enough about the fuss being made they'll release a guaranteed SBC tomorrow and just say people were impatient. If they don't care, they'll wait until next week.

Either way, a day or two after it's released everyone will forget and move on from it. Two things that are always guaranteed, EA being cheap/scummy and the FIFA "community" being faux outraged at something for about 3 seconds before moving on like nothing happened.

ETA: You're right that they've cut down the free packs and I'd noticed that too.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I haven't bothered with FIFA since 13 because I'm not too fussed with playing online and was sick of consistently broken career modes when that's what I was buying it for, however I see this is only £8.99 on the PS store just now.

Is career mode still an unplayable heap of shite or is it worth getting anyway when it's so cheap?

Fifa 13 Career mode was light years ahead of the current shambles.

It's been awful for years, and I've been part of a fairly sizeable group who try and get it improved via the EA forum, the mods/devs dont even reply to posts on that part of the site and havent done for years. Theres only one who does who appears about every 3 weeks to post "this issue has been passed to the development team" on every post on the first page, and that's it.

Pieface seems to have jumped up.  His name's quite descriptive of his general appearance, and apparently he used to be on Big Brother or something.
End of the day EA have put themselves into quite the position.  People will complain that this is amongst the worst things they've ever done (just like everything is) but I'd imagine they can sink a hell of a lot lower before anything actually happens.  Streamers "abandoned" them around the time they went after that complete gimp Kurt, talking about how it was a revolution and how PES was going to be the new thing to play.  A week later they slunk back on, and probably continued to heavily line EA's pockets.
Just saw what that Nepenthez guy put on your other post...is he...is he actually serious?  I always assume streamers are just playing a character in order to get views, so I assume there's a degree of that, but is he really questioning why EA don't change?  Can he honestly not see why EA wouldn't change when they're already on a very tight schedule thanks to the yearly cycle, and can turn out a bug-riddled game that people continue to fire thousands into every day?  
The only thing that has even a small chance of making EA sit up and actually make any noticeable changes is if a sizeable proportion of people stop buying the game altogether, denying them of any potential FIFA points and engagement. No buying it second hand, no borrowing it from a friend, nothing.  That is something they're going to notice, not some half arsed "oh I just won't buy FPs this week".  Complaining about the game bitterly and continuing to give them 60 quid out your pocket, and A LOT of your time, is just so backwards.

I totally get everything you are saying, and at the end of the day those YouTubers will also secretly love this because they themselves earn a living from it.

There needs to a be competitor, like Pes or something else, but unfortunately due to the licensing it holds others back. With war games and other genres it is much easier because there is no need to worry about licensing in the same way, it is a huge thing that EA have regardless of the gameplay. I’m a sensible adult and yet I’ll be buying FIFA next year regardless of how shit it is, because United are back in the game. It’s that simple (and sad).

EA don’t have to change (and the streamers all know that).

If their revenue drops then they will, but that will be the only reason.

Anyway, I’m off to do these SBCs...

26 minutes ago, Dave said:

Done the ROW SBC seeing as it was only an 82 squad.

86 Ligue 2 goalkeeper. I'd rather have my eleven 82s back.

Also did the second deluxe one as now that icon swaps are done I don't need my multiple teams any more. Put 86 Sczezny in, got 95 Sczezny out... Doesn't fit my team so high rated fodder for the next one. 

Fifa 13 Career mode was light years ahead of the current shambles.
It's been awful for years, and I've been part of a fairly sizeable group who try and get it improved via the EA forum, the mods/devs dont even reply to posts on that part of the site and havent done for years. Theres only one who does who appears about every 3 weeks to post "this issue has been passed to the development team" on every post on the first page, and that's it.
Agree with this will probably buy PES next year due to EAs greed. They are only interested in Ultimate Team as that's where the money is.

3 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

A measly 83 rated Oscar from four rivals packs. Pack weight for my account is clearly rigged at this point and I’m so beyond done with it

Aye my best player from 4 packs was Martial. At this stage in the game what is the point in that, just an absolute waste of time.

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Am I better taking the 65k coins instead of packs then? emoji28.png

I’d say so. I keep taking untradeables to stock back up on players and to give myself more packs to hit special cards and I’ve had absolutely f**k all to show for it. Every pack I opened was a CONMEBOL player.

Edited by Sauzee#4