FIFA 20

TheGoon

f**k touching that sbc until the ultimate one tonight. But knowing my luck I’ll get Sommer from the ultimate, do the deluxe straight after and pack Sommer or Oblak again.

12 hours ago, thomas said:

Did the TOTSSF premium sbc and got an 88 Spanish midfielder, not worth it since I put 92 Neuer into it

Can recommend get that Undav card, upfront with Werner looking to be a great partnership. Hope to upgrade to a higher Werner card but looks likely to be out of my reach unless there's a price crash.

20200609_205822.jpg

20200609_205848.jpg

Is that Kabak any good?

They are quite cheap at the moment, for example most of the EFL ones are under 20k.

Meh, I don’t have the fodder to make it up to 86 rating just now anyway so it’s moot. I’m quite happy with my squad now tbf, only thing I’d really upgrade is my CB/Keeper. Special CB’s are way too pricey so will opt for 96 Oblak once I get Thursday rewards.

Anyone that thinks EA dont favour specific teams haven't played as or against Manchester United, most OP team I've played with by a country mile.

Is it possible on FUT to have an all 90+ team with all these ridiculous cards they've released?

So with the Ps now at ma mams house I was messing about on the app. Don’t th deluxe. 
got Szczesny who happened to be the keeper I put in the team to submit 🤣

luckily i didn’t destroy my phone like my controllers 🤣

613B5E53-DA28-4937-BF4A-034448635061.jpeg

7 minutes ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

So with the Ps now at ma mams house I was messing about on the app. Don’t th deluxe. 
got Szczesny who happened to be the keeper I put in the team to submit 🤣

luckily i didn’t destroy my phone like my controllers 🤣

613B5E53-DA28-4937-BF4A-034448635061.jpeg

The picture surely makes it worse for you!

Decided to build a 90+ using concept actually ridiculous how obvious EA have made it this year that they want you to just spunk money on packs. Screenshot_20200610-103536_Companion.jpeg.143da42a10ed04036f88f3336e90c7a7.jpeg

Whilst we all agree that EA have been rinsing people for years, I don’t actually have an issue with so many high rated cards, it’s always like this at the end of each game cycle. You can very easily have a 90+ rated squad if you’ve been playing the game since last September and you’ve been good with coins and SBCs.

The lootbox issue has been in the news again over the last few days though, so it will be interesting to see if we have any developments on that, or a law passed to restrict purchases on systems like EA’s packs.

19 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Decided to build a 90+ using concept actually ridiculous how obvious EA have made it this year that they want you to just spunk money on packs. 

I'm not really sure what you're annoyed at? This year has been largely the same as the last couple of years (a few tweaks aside) and anyone who's been playing since Christmas, let alone the release of the game, will easily have a 90+ rated squad.

There's lots you can moan at with EA but it's actually easier than ever to get a high rated squad, filled with special cards, without spending any money on FIFA points.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I'm not really sure what you're annoyed at? This year has been largely the same as the last couple of years (a few tweaks aside) and anyone who's been playing since Christmas, let alone the release of the game, will easily have a 90+ rated squad.
There's lots you can moan at with EA but it's actually easier than ever to get a high rated squad, filled with special cards, without spending any money on FIFA points.
I never played last year, the first fifa I never bought in about 10 years so I can't compare that but there are alot more 90+ cards in this fut than any other fut I played, I think churning out all these 90+ rated players just ruins the game mode for the casual player as you need to play a decent amount or throw alot of cash at the game to get a team that can even slightly compete in the lower divisions.

Just now, Empty It said:

I never played last year, the first fifa I never bought in about 10 years so I can't compare that but there are alot more 90+ cards in this fut than any other fut I played, I think churning out all these 90+ rated players just ruins the game mode for the casual player as you need to play a decent amount or throw alot of cash at the game to get a team that can even slightly compete in the lower divisions.

In about a month of playing I have a 89/90 rated squad mostly full of 90+ players with which I can achieve Gold 2 in FUTChamps, and nearly Div 3 in FUT Rivals, not a penny dropped into the game. Yes, my team isn't full of "meta" players, and I'll probably never be Elite 1 in champs, but I can say that you don't need to spend cash to get to a relatively decent level. I'll add a disclaimer and say it probably helps a lot though. 

In about a month of playing I have a 89/90 rated squad mostly full of 90+ players with which I can achieve Gold 2 in FUTChamps, and nearly Div 3 in FUT Rivals, not a penny dropped into the game. Yes, my team isn't full of "meta" players, and I'll probably never be Elite 1 in champs, but I can say that you don't need to spend cash to get to a relatively decent level. I'll add a disclaimer and say it probably helps a lot though. 
How often do you play and for how long?

Just now, Empty It said:
1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

How often do you play and for how long?

I only started FIFA 20 around a month or so ago; first Fifa since 17 I think, and the Ultimate Team landscape is very different to what it is now, even in that relatively short amount of time. Before 17 I played FIFA and Ultimate Team Religiously.

At the moment with 20 I play the Weekend League till I get to 17 wins, and usually just give the remaining games out as free wins to folk. I only usually play around 6/7 games on Weekend League over 3 days. 

In Rivals, I usually play until my "Rank Score" is about 27000, just to secure the Rank 1 rewards. I do this by playing maybe...1 hour or so each day until Weekend League starts up again?

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I don't think FUT is particularly aimed at casual players to be honest, although EA will happily capatilise on those who think you do have spend money to keep up.

The mode is called Ultimate Team with the idea being to build the best team you can. Clearly people who play a lot should be rewarded and will have better teams. FIFA points is just a shortcut for those who want to use it.

However, as has been pointed out, it's pretty easy to build a good team from scratch. Even with my 90+ rated team, I can still get my ass handed to me by a good player using an 83 squad.

2 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Is that Kabak any good?

He's served me well as I only really got him to add pace to my defence, he will be the first defender to be replaced once I see someone better.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

He's served me well as I only really got him to add pace to my defence, he will be the first defender to be replaced once I see someone better.

I am going to give him a go, got the Hittenberger TOTY as well to try out as well as the 87 rated Sancho.

The specific issue for me is not the amount of mega high end cards but actually the lack of game modes for either new players or ‘casual’ players.

Rivals has been ruined this year and makes it impossible for you to play others who either have a poor team or are just starting out.

A change in the number of different competitions might help, maybe a rating cap Rivals to supplement the normal one, or Rivals plus an added traditional Divisions type competition that focuses more on playing games rather than completing objectives or getting xp points.

The specific issue for me is not the amount of mega high end cards but actually the lack of game modes for either new players or ‘casual’ players.

Rivals has been ruined this year and makes it impossible for you to play others who either have a poor team or are just starting out.

A change in the number of different competitions might help, maybe a rating cap Rivals to supplement the normal one, or Rivals plus an added traditional Divisions type competition that focuses more on playing games rather than completing objectives or getting xp points.

People that deliberately drop divisions to complete challenges as well, people starting out meeting up with a 90 rated team, you've got no chance.

People that deliberately drop divisions to complete challenges as well, people starting out meeting up with a 90 rated team, you've got no chance.

That’s what I mean, they included something new, the objectives, which is great but the system ruins a competition like Rivals because of the deliberate relegation issue. Someone mentioned a few pages back that they really should have thought more carefully about the rewards for each division, so that it prevented mass relegations. Or just added in a separate competition, like Divisions, with only coins being the rewards, rather than counting towards certain objectives.