FIFA 20

TheGoon

14 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I only played to 8 wins last week and I’m not playing this weekend. Worst time as well because of the rewards but I just can’t be arsed with it. 

Having a lot more fun on Warzone.

I'm the same to be honest.  After getting annoyed with the game last night I switched over to Warzone for a couple.  Finished 4th twice in Solos and probably had more fun than I did all weekend in FIFA.  Will be nice to have a bit of a break after this weekend.

3 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Anybody done Mertens yet?

I have, but I've backed myself into such a corner with doing so many upgrades.  I now have probably 3 very good teams to put together, but if I was putting my 11 strongest together, chem would be shot.  Lewandowski is the biggest "problem", just can't justify dropping him, which leads me down a certain path.  Having to do very early pauses, which I hate, but it's doing a job.

In terms of how he is?  I'm enjoying him.  Not quite as good as he'd probably be with someone competent, but he's pretty much what you'd expect, tiny little nuisance.  Don't expect him to be a physical option, but if you can dribble or skill, you'll have a brilliant time with him.  Considering the amount of high-rated untradeables that most will have, he's a no brainer if you can fit him in.

55 minutes ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Horrendous. 6-2 to 6-8. 5 left to go. I think roughly. 
cannot explain how poor game play is. Can’t make a pass, tackle or win a Header 

6-13

11 games in a row lost to finish on a total of 9 win. 
Absolutely embarrassing ...

11-14. Finally hit the magic number, made me work for it with a win on penalties, our lord and saviour GMS scoring in the 118th minute to take me there. Despite what I said before the temptation of 14 is too much so will also try and get there but if I lose the next couple I'll just give the last few away in the hope the karma is repaid on Thursday morning. Will be nice to have a couple of stress free games now. 

41 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Tempted but it'd be to replace Ronaldo, who's still doing the business.

V.pleasing when  you're matched with someone who has obviously spent a fortune on the game... and they're utter horseshit 

Absolutely.

The jambo I pumped last night had this team, which made it all the sweeter

05936209-5554-4AD3-B6DA-9EBB53F2438E.thumb.jpeg.0fa49daee221524741c693a5a93f9538.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Dave said:

11-14. Finally hit the magic number, made me work for it with a win on penalties, our lord and saviour GMS scoring in the 118th minute to take me there. Despite what I said before the temptation of 14 is too much so will also try and get there but if I lose the next couple I'll just give the last few away in the hope the karma is repaid on Thursday morning. Will be nice to have a couple of stress free games now. 

First stress free game and it's a full Ligue 1 TOTSSF lineup and the guy utterly humped me so I'm done with wasting time on this today, 4 free wins incoming on Xbox if you're feeling lucky.

Yeah had a word with myself. I’ll wait for the new one to come out 🤣. Currently on route to my mothers with the playstation to hand in like a cash exchange shop. Hold on to it til September 🤣

19D9690D-755C-4B68-9733-A06DBE7A4B0B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Iminavest said:

Tempted but it'd be to replace Ronaldo, who's still doing the business.

V.pleasing when  you're matched with someone who has obviously spent a fortune on the game... and they're utter horseshit 

I’m not so sure it’s always so obvious. it’s pretty easy to get a good team on this game without spending any real money. Before I stopped playing I hardly put any real money into the game after purchasing it. Maybe an extra £40 or so. The team I had wasn’t a direct result in me spending that extra £40.

Someone who has a monster team could have got lucky on upgrades or icon packs etc. Grinding the menus through bronze packs etc, making coins to then get a great team on the park is achievable, especially at this stage of the game. 

Not getting the 14, had 2 to get with 2 to play but I got pumped so 1 free win for someone lucky. Found it fairly enjoyable this time round, took a couple of pumpings and dished a couple out, didn't feel cheated in any games I can think of. 

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

Not getting the 14, had 2 to get with 2 to play but I got pumped so 1 free win for someone lucky. Found it fairly enjoyable this time round, took a couple of pumpings and dished a couple out, didn't feel cheated in any games I can think of. 

Gutted, fielded a piss poor team in the game I was giving away and up pops a superstar team with a Celtic badge.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Semi serious question - is there one of the stats which affects how rebounds fall to certain players? Aguero for example, every time I tackle him it just bobbles into his path 

Nope, that's just the game fucking you over. I could lunge through any player perfectly with 93 Manolas and if they have decent agility/balance/short height they always get the ball after it's knocked away. It's why short, agile, high balance players with good skill moves are the meta this year. 

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Semi serious question - is there one of the stats which affects how rebounds fall to certain players? Aguero for example, every time I tackle him it just bobbles into his path 

The Ben Yedder bounce.

The actual player himself has been referencing it on Twitter 😂

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Good value too. Both he and Mertens are far cheaper SBCs than they might have been a couple of months ago (Hazard was over a million).

He will be replacing Parejo in my CAM slot once I get the rewards/fodder from rewards this week. 

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Good value too. Both he and Mertens are far cheaper SBCs than they might have been a couple of months ago (Hazard was over a million).

Still is over a million as well, which is just crazy.