FIFA 20

TheGoon

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Big yikes for EA.

Not really. It isn't "scripting" no matter how desperate people are for it to be, it's just another example in the long, long list of bugs and problems in the game. No more of a yikes than any of the others. 

1 minute ago, forameus said:

Not really. It isn't "scripting" no matter how desperate people are for it to be, it's just another example in the long, long list of bugs and problems in the game. No more of a yikes than any of the others. 

It's a yikes either way, EA being totally inept in making a game (which we know to be true), and/or including DDA/Scripting doesn't change it. 

Just now, SweeperDee said:

It's a yikes either way, EA being totally inept in making a game (which we know to be true), and/or including DDA/Scripting doesn't change it. 

Oh don't get me wrong, the code is shite. Whether it's ineptitude, I'm not sure. I don't think given the yearly cycle they've really got it in them - or the time - to do the overhauls the game badly needs. Particularly when they're making a ridiculous amount of money without doing any of that. Laziness, essentially, borne from people buying the game no matter what. 

It's the scripting part that gets to me. If we're talking DDA, go look at squad battles. That's fairly clear in what it's trying to do, with players just being unnaturally boosted for what seems like no reason. But, like it or not (and I don't) it's a fairly clean way of achieving it. So given that, why exactly would they decide to throw that out for online play and resort to changing the laws of physics? 

1 minute ago, forameus said:

But, like it or not (and I don't) it's a fairly clean way of achieving it. So given that, why exactly would they decide to throw that out for online play and resort to changing the laws of physics? 

I wouldn't put it past them. 

In real life, football teams have form, they have momentum going into games, often getting "the rub of the green" in terms of decisions, being downright lucky; I understand that. Having to implement that sort of thing into a video game must be pretty difficult, but it also guarantees an aspect of unfairness about it all. You can objectively be a better player than your opponent, with a lesser squad, but something then happens (like what happens in the video I linked) and you're left wondering if you could have really won at all? Is it out of the question that those with paid-for squads won't get "rub of the green" decisions?

8 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I wouldn't put it past them. 

In real life, football teams have form, they have momentum going into games, often getting "the rub of the green" in terms of decisions, being downright lucky; I understand that. Having to implement that sort of thing into a video game must be pretty difficult, but it also guarantees an aspect of unfairness about it all. You can objectively be a better player than your opponent, with a lesser squad, but something then happens (like what happens in the video I linked) and you're left wondering if you could have really won at all? Is it out of the question that those with paid-for squads won't get "rub of the green" decisions?

But none of that really has any relevance to the original gif, which is showing the shitey physics/game engine.  I don't personally believe there's as much momentum/DDA in online games, but I've as much proof of that as people have of the opposite.  But if someone came with clear evidence of it, I'd obviously listen.  Problem is, that anything happens in the game now, and people scream scripting.  And I mean anything.  That dilutes the point of anyone who does actually have a good point about the subject.

I deleted my club on Wednesday and have beavered away on some Bpm and done most of the advanced and basic SBCs. Played my ranking games with some bronze and common gold jobbers so got smashed in all bar one. I'm already up to this team though and it's entirely tradeable. It plays well and smashing folk in div rivals - aim is to only use tradable or 1st owner packed players - no objective cards or SBCs. 

Screenshot_20200606-100758.png

On free kicks from close in, try placing the cursor so the centre is marginally off the centre of  stanction, and use the lowest power you can with no curve 
Pretty much what I do except maybe 2-3 power bars and then hit the shoot button again when he kicks it (no idea if this makes any difference).

51 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:
3 hours ago, Iminavest said:
Actually scored a direct free kick, f**k me!

I reckon with Koeman I was scoring 2 out of ever 3 within 25 yards. He's gone now and my scoring rate has drastically fallen, Alonso and Benzema still get a few though.

Luis Alberto for me, just a wee dink over the wall.

Binned the all out attack approach after a couple of rivals disasters. 

6/10 so far today, which is probably the best start I've had.

Ronaldo, Gosens & Kolarov are great down the left. Deigo Carlos can fair hit them from the edge of the box too!

20200606_110439.jpg

16 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

1-0 up in the 80th minute and the game decides that FUT Birthday Bale's shot from here is going to go wide. There aren't many times when this game stuns me, but that was one of them. Could not believe what I was seeing. 

1602591363_DSC_01802.thumb.JPG.d39284088607618e405af7567cc0e570.JPG

Predictably, I lost 2-1 in the 90th minute. 🙂

In real life (what is real life nowadays lol) that would go wide due to the standing foot being ahead of the ball and pointing past the post. 

When can you play weekend league till on Monday? I trying not to play all my games today so dipping in and out between squad battles a WL. Won 2 out of 7 so far, been gubbed twice and dished 1 out but the other games have been quite tight and the real difference has been my opponents being clinical with there chances.

5 minutes ago, thomas said:

When can you play weekend league till on Monday? I trying not to play all my games today so dipping in and out between squad battles a WL. Won 2 out of 7 so far, been gubbed twice and dished 1 out but the other games have been quite tight and the real difference has been my opponents being clinical with there chances.

7am or thereabouts I think.