FIFA 20

TheGoon

Still chasing a TOTS striker - miles away with coins. Teams solid as it is for the weekend league but I’m going to throw coins at 5 Bundesliga player pick SBCs with the hope of getting a good pick. 

I give myself about a 1 in 30 shot but we’re at game end now and I’m finding it a bit boring.

46 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

I just got a duplicate Hakimi player pick and I’ve got nowhere to put him 😩

And now a duplicate Ginter. I’ve already had to discard Hakimi with no recoveries left. 260k worth of players down the pan 😢

2 hours ago, Shtuggie said:

Hakimi has high low work rates - a complete no for me and probably why he was out of position.

That would certainly explain it.

10 minutes ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Beating as absolute pro in my game 1-0 . Defended like a hero, he goes to make sub, disconnected. It’s started 🤯

Are you on Xbox? I can probably count on one hand how many times I’ve been disconnected on PlayStation from well over 300 online matches. 

I won my first two then came up against probably the best player I’ve played this year - that I can remember.

Just absolute destroyed me with skill moves. Couldn’t get anywhere near him and when I did he pulled off a trick and was away. Just have to appreciate players that can play that way.

That’s plenty for a Friday I think.

7 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Are you on Xbox? I can probably count on one hand how many times I’ve been disconnected on PlayStation from well over 300 online matches. 

Playstation. I get cut off at least twice every weekend league - never rivals. I always get caught off when the other player pauses it when I’m winning. It’s a shambles. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hakimi and Thiago play a mighty 5 games for me before I change things around 😂 

Thiago is just great, love how easy he drifts by folk and having him and Kroos fairly deep just skelping through balls about was fun as f**k. 

Hakimi was shite though, constantly caught out position which I'm blaming on the chemistry, so reverting back to a full La Liga side.

Got 100k to spend on a midfielder. Choice of 92 Casemiro, 89 Munian or 87 De Jong.

Could fit them all in one way or another centrally. Probably beside Kroos and Saul.

87 De Jong was fantastic when I had him in. Not often a game changer but solid at pretty much everything. 

8 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

87 De Jong was fantastic when I had him in. Not often a game changer but solid at pretty much everything. 

Have 112k to do something with this squad.

20200522_123932.thumb.jpg.34bcb005e81c413004c8d7f4ae08be6c.jpg

Not really sure if I can improve it much at all tbh, really enjoy this lot and whenever I bring someone else in I turn to shite. Herrera really good for me.

Might just start saving coins for an end game CB.

1 hour ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Playstation. I get cut off at least twice every weekend league - never rivals. I always get caught off when the other player pauses it when I’m winning. It’s a shambles. 

That sounds like whoever you were playing might have used a no loss glitch. 

Don't normally play on a Friday but decided to get my first 5 out the way, finished 3-2.

Went 5-0 up in about 30 mins in my first game when the guy quit, and to be fair messaged me to congratulate me. Later I got absolutely humped by a Rangers fan (2 goals with Kent, p***k). Shame, as most people playing with Rangers badges are shite, but I was well beaten.

Just realised I forgot to put Haland on my bench, who would have been good to try out.

Will start the new objectives tonight, then return the the weekend league tomorrow.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

5 games 5 losses. Treated me like I quit the disconnection. 
genuinely 5 people I played are utter dross . U could tell they were poor, I just can’t string a pass together. 3 on one attacking, drive towards right hand side ... defender comes with me, check back open up full park for two players running through and the pass... yep u guessed it, straight back to the defender I’ve just beat. Complete opposite direction of where I’m aiming towards. Horrible game. 

Won 7 out of 12 which is fine but I won the first 6 and everything felt great. Then played two amazing players who just knew every game mechanic and skill, one game I somehow took it to penalties, the other hammered me.

I should have stopped there because I knew the dreaded and inevitable ‘me being in a huff + players becoming utterly tragic’ combo was on the horizon. Just like clockwork it arrived. Lost some utterly horrific games, with me being thoroughly rinsed by average players and my side deciding that they were no longer footballers.

Don’t like ending on a loss, which is stupid logic when things are like that, so kept playing until I won my last game.

The final game was so bizarre. Players felt okay but a bit laggy and every single shot felt like it was being hit by a 99p floater we used to play with at high school. Totally dominated the other guy, who stupidly went mega defensive even though there were gaps all over the pitch.

Finished 4-2 but it was 2-1 until the later stages and it could have easily been so different if the other player had a bit more confidence and actually went for it.

IMG_5764.thumb.jpg.65b452e5bd9f276b324c04847e716ea9.jpg

This will probably reduce my chances of winning more games than I lose this weekend but I’m really tempted to just go  for this...

Corona would only be 35k outlay which is totally fine. Just thinking I’ve been given Paulinho and chose Pizzi and Taarabt so may as well use them? 

Opinions? 

Edit: After looking at it, Seedorf would go in for Dalglish to sit with Kroos in the midfield to maintain the chemistry. 

3D697AEC-B9F3-4E29-B6F7-1A12751A60F7.png

Edited by Wardy

I’d go for it. The game is edging towards the end and for me it’s more about trying different things and having a less stressful experience (aye right). You might be pleasantly surprised by the new additions, no harm in trying.

A slower day at work than Anticipated allowed me to get some games in. God I wish it had been busy. As earlier on lunch I was 0-5. Got this back to 2-5, then 2-6, 3-6, 4-6. 4-10🤣

I can say that’s me done for today as I’ve got plans. 

I am dreading tomorrow and fully remember why I do them all in one sitting.