FIFA 20

TheGoon

Not eligible for WL yet so been playing Rivals. Currently on 4/5 on the crosses objective to get Laporte with about 90 mins left to go. In the last game my opponent left his controller unattended for about 5 minutes of game time and I managed to hit the inside of the post, put a header over the bar and his keeper produced an exact replica of the Seaman save against Sheffield United. I'm certain this isn't meant to happen.

Took the lead with a goal from a cross there. 1-1 at half time. Made it 2-1 early in the second half before the lad I was playing equalised in the 80th minute. Brought on TOTSSF Thuram and Toney for last 10 mins and they both scored for me in stoppage time.

If it was open I'd have been up The Shed tonight baby!

Just got 94 Rashford in a pack.

As I've only just started FUT this year, would people recommend using him or punting him? I don't have any other assets in my squad (only other decent players are TOTSSF GK from Plymouth, and untradable 89 Aguero and 89 TOTSSF Ayoze Perez).

Just got 94 Rashford in a pack.
As I've only just started FUT this year, would people recommend using him or punting him? I don't have any other assets in my squad (only other decent players are TOTSSF GK from Plymouth, and untradable 89 Aguero and 89 TOTSSF Ayoze Perez).
Punt him about 7 tonight. He'll defo go down in next few weeks whereas you can now buy a whole team.

Had another weekend league session today, was a very weird collection of games. I felt that I played some very odd, fairy low rated teams and was surprised at the lack of mega stacked sides, given the new cards on the market and the time of year.

My form was okay, made some silly mistakes and was a bit too laboured at times. I also do struggle to beat drop back teams, and everyone I played seemed intent on deep and narrow defending. I’m terrible at skill moves and probably don’t know enough of the little things that make a big difference. Tried to be patient but some are admittedly very good at exploiting that mechanic, which is fine, if very boring and frustrating.

Very satisfying when you do beat a team like that though. One guy, who was particularly defensive I only managed to beat 1-0. I messaged him saying that if his defenders were any further back they would be in my living room. He got back to me by calling me a “son of a whore” in French and then ten minutes later he sent a 7 second rant that I didn’t understand a word of.

Anyway, I need two wins from my last five to get to Gold 2, so I’ll try that tomorrow.

The price of that Jota card [emoji23]

It’s ridiculous. Cards of that ability range will be half the price, either now or once all the TOTS cards are released. EA love doing that.

For comparison -

IMG_5431.jpg

The thing is though is that you can grind the CONMEBOL SBCs a few times and chuck those cards in and it massively reduces the cost against liquid coins.

Costs about 70k for the Sudamericana, for an 88 rated card, if you sell everything you get from the 9 packs back you could get lucky and make the 70k you spent back quite easily. Repeat it a few times and you can get any player SBC you want. 

10 wins from 10? Or 10 wins and 10 defeats? 

10 wins from 10.

Upto 14 from 15 now. Absolutely destroyed by someone 4-1. Heaviest WL defeat in ages. No dragbacks or nothing, the guy was ridiculous.

Came back for a few games tonight. First one, I had to pause to go and check something. Came back to the guy in the middle of his first of 3 consecutive 30 second pauses. Can only assume he had a heads gone over my pause and thought I was at it. How fucking feeble minded do you have to be... 

Beat me 6-3 anyway. Yet anothrr missed opportunity where my defenders wander around blowing raspberries making it impossible to get back into it. This is just brutal. 

Gone from 3 in 10 to 6 in 15,so getting better. It's still utterly miserable though. Usual race to 14 now on, need 8 wins tomorrow and to be honest that seems unlikely. I have no idea what it is about this weekend, but it's been unforgiving. I know it's largely me being shite, mind.