FIFA 20

TheGoon

52 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Do you not still play with gold Militao at centreback?

I know he's dirt cheap and over powered, and you'll have to pay a lot for a relatively small upgrade, but he's simply not good enough at this stage of the game.

In the Weekend League the first thing I do when the oppositions team appears on screen is look for the weak link in defence, and I'd be targeting him all day.

Yeah but as I was saying he actually felt better than my baby Nesta. He was the one making the mistakes (and still pretty slow with a shadow) but I feel I have to play him. I’ve been looking around to see if I can get a CB Who can essentially play RB, so that Ramos can move into CB. I know Walker is one but doesn’t really fit the chemistry. It’s either that or just play Ramos on 7 chemistry from the start....

I am Probably being a bit harsh, it is only my third Weekend league so always trying to improve so to get to Gold 3 2/3 times isint really that bad I suppose. 

I felt a few times also that I’d miss a really good chance or be gifted a chance and not take it, only for the opponent to run up the park and score. Keepers tipping shots onto the post and bar when if it was the opponent it was ending up a goal. 

If you're finishing Gold 3 after a couple of weekend leagues you're doing fine. As others have said, you're probably just being harsh on yourself.

I personally just don't buy into the over powered players thing as much as others. I know it doesn't work for you chemistry wise, but if you compare the in game stats (with shadow) of gold Militao to 88 SBC Lopez (who isn't expensive) it's embarrassing tbh. Lopez is infinitely better in almost every aspect.

I agree baby Nesta isn't brilliant though. He's a bitch to get past close up, but too easy to play around.

VVD is the answer to all your defensive problems. I also try not take control of my CBS until I feel I can just step out and steal the ball. Drag you CDM/CM back into shape, jockey to hold them up and steal the ball. I know it sounds simple but never come flying out with your CB and give someone an easy 1-2. I never slide tackle either. 

Dunno if any of that will help, I get 11-20 wins depending on the weekend but most of my problems come from finishing :lol: 

I feel not bad defensively.

VVD is the answer to all your defensive problems. I also try not take control of my CBS until I feel I can just step out and steal the ball. Drag you CDM/CM back into shape, jockey to hold them up and steal the ball. I know it sounds simple but never come flying out with your CB and give someone an easy 1-2. I never slide tackle either. 

Dunno if any of that will help, I get 11-20 wins depending on the weekend but most of my problems come from finishing :lol: 
I feel not bad defensively.

That’s not defending though, that’s allowing the AI to do half the work. This is something that really shouldn’t be in Fifa.

I generally destroy anyway who uses AI defending because the AI cannot defend against specific skill moves therefore you will always get a penalty or a goal. It’s not ideal but you fight fire with fire.

Ended up on 13 wins. I experienced a level of scripted bullshit last night I never want to experience again but the worst of it was the boy in the last five games who was deliberately slowing down his connection.

1 hour ago, Mayos Noun said:

That’s not defending though, that’s allowing the AI to do half the work. This is something that really shouldn’t be in Fifa.

I generally destroy anyway who uses AI defending because the AI cannot defend against specific skill moves therefore you will always get a penalty or a goal. It’s not ideal but you fight fire with fire.

I’m not sure what else you’re supposed to do to keep your shape apart from pull your players back manually and jockey? AI defending to me was always players running all the way back with their strikers etc. Pulling your DM back and stepping out with your CB when ready seems ok to me. Player switching is so bad as well makes defending a nightmare.

My style of attacking(no skill moves) and the defending I used are probably why I’ll never hit elite but I can live with that. 

I had a boy who "defended" by taking control of his striker and having him loiter at the half way line...

Most weekend league games are people just legging it around with their cdm. Even when beyond the cdm they will point blank refuse to control their defenders.

Must've played a Squad Battle match at some point, as I got a reward pack out it.

Screenshot_20200406-180350_Companion.thumb.jpg.fcb5af83db55fe4e25bd0dc25bfd1b3d.jpg

.. dont even remember playing the game and it feels like a waste of time.

23 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

I've done the sudamenicara SBC twice today for a net cost of 25k. The cheapest 88 ATM is about 50k. 

Try the birthday bag or hang on and do another mid icon after rewards? 

I’ve got a squad selected to put through for a Birthday bag. Then I’ll prob just do the Libertadores and sudamericana 3 times each to get the 6 88s. Wee bit more time to do the mid icon pack than the birthday bag. I’m reluctant to turn the actual squad though. Folk like koulibaly and Eriksen going in.

Edit. Why are EA giving us premium gold packs as rewards for daily SBCs? So many people on lockdown and they give us pish like this to complete to get an 81 GK who’s a duplicate. 

Why does the FUT birthday bag have to be a bloody 86 rated squad? Make it 83 FFS. 

Edited by Wardy

49 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I’ve got a squad selected to put through for a Birthday bag. Then I’ll prob just do the Libertadores and sudamericana 3 times each to get the 6 88s. Wee bit more time to do the mid icon pack than the birthday bag. I’m reluctant to turn the actual squad though. Folk like koulibaly and Eriksen going in.

Edit. Why are EA giving us premium gold packs as rewards for daily SBCs? So many people on lockdown and they give us pish like this to complete to get an 81 GK who’s a duplicate. 

Why does the FUT birthday bag have to be a bloody 86 rated squad? Make it 83 FFS. 

TBF I got Thiago Silva in mine but I agree the pack is a pitiful reward

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Birthday Bag pulls are seemingly absolutely horrendous.

Most people getting a Winter Refresh player.

I watched a couple on Youtube and most of them looked dreadful. As soon as the refresh blue come us you might as well skip to the next opening. That said I'm probably still going to chance my arm.