FIFA 20

TheGoon

The scripting/handicapping is so bad. You can literally be destroying a team to CR7 getting outpaced with a head start vs Harry Maguire when the momentum switches.
The amount of injury time goals in the first half is ridiculous as well.
I’m currently 11-4, don’t think I can be arsed playing on.
Bored shitless of constantly playing the same teams.
Neymar, Mbappe, Ter Stegan, Semedo, Lenglat, Kante, Varane or scream Pique are literally in 90% of teams

1 hour ago, thomas said:

I fucking hate low driven shot challenges, working towards the Cordoba birthday card and you need to score 2 low driven goals in 7 games, at least it's squad battles so can do it against horrendous teams.

Does anyone know how it works with the fact it's 4 star skill and weak foot midfield, as in if I play a formation with 5 midfielders and 1 ST would putting a midfielder card in the ST position count as a midfielder or if I put a CF card in the CAM would he then be counted as a midfielder?

Just noticed this is forwards I need to use but the question still stands, can I fill the midfield positions with forwards then?

Edited by thomas

Just noticed this is forwards I need to use but the question still stands, can I fill the midfield positions with forwards then?

Yes. As long as the players position is a forward it will count. For last weeks midfielder scoring objectives, I was subbing LM/RM’s on and playing them as ST.

3 minutes ago, TQM said:

Yes. As long as the players position is a forward it will count. For last weeks midfielder scoring objectives, I was subbing LM/RM’s on and playing them as ST.

This should help then, hate any of the low driven objectives I know you hold L1 and r1 while shooting but it seems like lottery as to whether they hit a low driven.

Fucking loving this side. Lewandowski can score from literally anywhere, De Bruyne can ping them from anywhere and Aguero is just unreal one on one.

😍

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

20200404_213303.thumb.jpg.6e4aa26b6e3a173e055d20ee6e2355a7.jpg

Copy of the boys team...

20200404_213206.thumb.jpg.548cc1e489cdd4f4cf71300e9aec694b.jpg

DELICIOUS.

Always fun. In champs? 

I'm 9 wins and 9 loses. A few weird bits of matchmaking but fair enough. 

Anyone got to ten and got their bonus Shan red yet? 

12 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

Always fun. In champs? 

I'm 9 wins and 9 loses. A few weird bits of matchmaking but fair enough. 

Anyone got to ten and got their bonus Shan red yet? 

Just Rivals, not bothering with Champs this week just now anyway.

As expected, got humped in my next game with every shot hitting the bar.

Ive stopped at 11 wins with 8 games to go. Extra pick was 84 Bellarabi. Hmm. 

Doubt I’ll get 18 wins for another one, but will aim for another 3 wins from the remaining games tomorrow night. 

I just can’t get my head around the left stick to change player, the way I play is ingrained from years of career mode only. So my defending kind of sucks but trying to improve that side (knowing when to go in and win the ball and where to position and jockey etc) 

Obviously not finished yet but can’t seem to play with Neymar. Maybe I need to play him up front instead? Mbappe has been fine also but not amazing. Bear in mind both are just their base UCL cards. 29 games for Neymar and 11 goals 5 assists. Mbappe is 28 games with 22 goals and 31 assists (squad battle haha) I don’t know if it’s a mentality thing having these great players but not actually utilising them? Dalglish has been great, and Roberto Carlos has scored a couple of free kicks. 

Van der Sar has played over 100 games now. Seems a bit slow this weekend getting to shots, although the last game he totally saved me in a 3-1 win. I’m guessing Ter Stegen would be an obvious choice to replace him? 

Absolutely fucking scunnered with WL. I usually go with a pretty much 1 in 2 record to g3, but right now I think I'm 6 for 18. Absolute shambles. Can't even say I've been that unlucky. Few tight games that I've thrown away, but it's just been depressing game after depressing game. Need 8 in 12 tomorrow. 

31 minutes ago, forameus said:

Absolutely fucking scunnered with WL. I usually go with a pretty much 1 in 2 record to g3, but right now I think I'm 6 for 18. Absolute shambles. Can't even say I've been that unlucky. Few tight games that I've thrown away, but it's just been depressing game after depressing game. Need 8 in 12 tomorrow. 

This happened to me 2 weeks ago but then I won 5 in a row. You are now playing at -6 form so you should start smashing people. 

Same here, I have 8 wins and am getting beaten by guys I really shouldn't be losing to. I'm not great but I am in Div 7 and usually do alright.

f**k sake - just scored to go 4-3 up, game crashed to blue screen. Load it all up again and it says I disconnected from the last match...

1 minute ago, Saigon Raider said:

Same here, I have 8 wins and am getting beaten by guys I really shouldn't be losing to. I'm not great but I am in Div 7 and usually do alright.

f**k sake - just scored to go 4-3 up, game crashed to blue screen. Load it all up again and it says I disconnected from the last match...

was it a goal scored from a cross? if so that is a issue that can cause it to crash.

was it a goal scored from a cross? if so that is a issue that can cause it to crash.
Yep, crossed it from the left, keeper parried it straight onto Mane's head - was just crossing the line and it crashed.

I get that games crash sometimes but to count it as a loss on WL is a bit tough to take!