FIFA 20

TheGoon

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Spunked my load. Just went for it. Bought a new team, cost just over 500k coins so have some in reserve...

Say hello to the new boys, probably be a disaster but f**k it, had no luck with wingers so going a different route.

Screenshot_20200403-142822_Companion.thumb.jpg.27b81aa17c9a2ff0fb8eb6a6b4286667.jpg

Not sure about David Silva there but will likely swap him and De Bruyne in game if it's not going well. No pace at all in that attack so I'll never score but trying to play through folk is more enjoyable than just battering it down the wings.

I wasn’t far off using the players you said you were going to use! 😂

A09C8EB5-3B2C-49C4-814C-F9A869367C0E.png

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I wasn’t far off using the players you said you were going to use! 😂

A09C8EB5-3B2C-49C4-814C-F9A869367C0E.png

Cracking effort tbf, piques lack of pace scared me off him, and I've been desperate to use Lewandowski and De Bruyne after having them as loans at the very start.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cracking effort tbf, piques lack of pace scared me off him, and I've been desperate to use Lewandowski and De Bruyne after having them as loans at the very start.

Haha I was purely just going on chemistry. Players like Kroos don’t work because he’s painfully slow, you mentioned not being able to score with Aguero and Lewandowski, with the team I put you wouldn’t get to the opponents box. 😂 Long ball to Werner tap in for Benzema. 😂 Good luck with that team anyway. Always good to change it up. 

7 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Haha I was purely just going on chemistry. Players like Kroos don’t work because he’s painfully slow, you mentioned not being able to score with Aguero and Lewandowski, with the team I put you wouldn’t get to the opponents box. 😂 Long ball to Werner tap in for Benzema. 😂 Good luck with that team anyway. Always good to change it up. 

Be interesting to see how badly it goes with my team 😂 attacking players are all slow and red link chemistry. Total disaster inbound.

My team for this current WL. It’s not the greatest but it’s quite fun to play with in a 4-3-2-1 formation with Aguero, Raul and Son up top. Sitting at 3-0 just now, hopefully get a few more game in tonight.

IMG_3674.jpg

Got 14 packs for the next set of FUT Birthday players. Mostly Bundesliga packs because I took that long to do Paderborn (BPM mostly) I had so many squads ready to go again! Also managed to complete Norwich and Sheffield United too which makes getting Shaqiri back into the club quicker than I expected. Only Man City, Wolves and Villa to go for them. Although all 3 quite scarce for players. 

8 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Douglas Costa Birthday card- to me. Please. 5 star skills and weak foot. Massive shooting boost as well. Depending on price could sell Neymar for him. 

Futbin has him at 745k coins.

Finishing just 75?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Futbin has him at 745k coins.

Finishing just 75?

86 shooting. Deadeye for him will make him...”deadly” = 90 finishing.   none on market according to Futbin. (PS4) 

Edit saw that it’s 750k. Hmmmm

FF9B0847-7A02-426D-934B-5EB9217B23A3.png

Edited by Wardy

As expected, a lack of pace is an issue up front.

Surprising how it lulls people though, every game so far I've subbed Werner and GMS on for Lewandowski and Silva and theyve ended up destroying the defence.

I doubt I'll bother with the WL this week. So the rewards will be amazing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I'll stop hogging the thread now, but changing team has really helped me enjoy this again, for anyone having similar issues.

So fun trying to make triangles to break folk down, some delightful goals via through balls and the two strikers finish most things. Get ripped apart every so often by a quality player with pacey attacks, but can accept that, the spam players seem to struggle against my midfield for some reason, absolutely clueless as to why.

I'll stop hogging the thread now, but changing team has really helped me enjoy this again, for anyone having similar issues.
So fun trying to make triangles to break folk down, some delightful goals via through balls and the two strikers finish most things. Get ripped apart every so often by a quality player with pacey attacks, but can accept that, the spam players seem to struggle against my midfield for some reason, absolutely clueless as to why.

Sometimes a change is needed. I was doing average with an English based team but then got Messi in a pack and everything changed. Not sure about folk on here but when things go against me in one game, I automatically start the next game in a negative mood. This then leads to a further defeat and more stupid mistakes made.

Looks like I'll be closer to 600k by the end of this.
Would folks advice be to split that evenly over the squad? Or better to spend say half of it on a couple of quality players and then fill in the gaps?

Find a formation that suits.

The 41212 wide is fantastic for me this weekend. Very balanced formation and actually is fun to use which is more important to me.

You need to have 2 quick but strong centre backs. Full backs I don’t tend to care about. For example, Varane and Mendy are perfect.
Lengelet and Semedo. Cheap back line easy to succeed in weekend league.

The cdm is important. Futbirthday Bakayoko would be ideal and links to Varane and Lengelet.

Cam is important. Someone like Ikone.

Wide players are better with left footed on LM and right footed at RM. fast players with good agility and balance preferred. Cheap enough.

Strikers are the most important part of the team. Again if linking like above you’re looking at Ben Yedder for the 5* weak foot. Absolutely vital on Fifa 20.

Just an example of a team within your budget but the spine of the team is the most important in my opinion.

First 5 games same as last time. 2 wins and 3 defeats. Lost 7-0 but also won 7-1. That last game their De Gea has the game of his life and My Van der Sar was basically letting them in. Lost 4-2 in the end but should have made it 3-3 before he broke up the park and scored. Pish.

10 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Sometimes a change is needed. I was doing average with an English based team but then got Messi in a pack and everything changed. Not sure about folk on here but when things go against me in one game, I automatically start the next game in a negative mood. This then leads to a further defeat and more stupid mistakes made.

I do the same tbf, end up playing a completely different way for a while after I've been humped.

8 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

Find a formation that suits.

The 41212 wide is fantastic for me this weekend. Very balanced formation and actually is fun to use which is more important to me.

You need to have 2 quick but strong centre backs. Full backs I don’t tend to care about. For example, Varane and Mendy are perfect.
Lengelet and Semedo. Cheap back line easy to succeed in weekend league.

The cdm is important. Futbirthday Bakayoko would be ideal and links to Varane and Lengelet.

Cam is important. Someone like Ikone.

Wide players are better with left footed on LM and right footed at RM. fast players with good agility and balance preferred. Cheap enough.

Strikers are the most important part of the team. Again if linking like above you’re looking at Ben Yedder for the 5* weak foot. Absolutely vital on Fifa 20.

Just an example of a team within your budget but the spine of the team is the most important in my opinion.

Too late, spunked all my coins already 😂

Think this team would survive in WL? Got to 11 wins with my Serie A side.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200403-223626_Companion.thumb.jpg.4fcc37eda1f1abf8ee8779fa85cff998.jpg

Screenshot_20200403-223638_Companion.thumb.jpg.4fb023b0f8be6cc7e820eebbc66a4f54.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

I’m 3/5 after last night. King Kenny loves a shot against the bar and post FFS. Last game the guy had prime Ronaldo loan and he scored a Hattrick in a 4-5 loss (the 5th coming in the last min) I was battering him at 4-4 as well, complete with customary ball along the line and the keeper scoops it away, players freezing when I’m pressing the button to just hit it in the net. Pathetic. 

My team is really strong but I just get the feeling I’ll struggle to get wins. I know Fridays can be harder so I’ll do a few tonight and the majority on Sunday I think. 

Interesting about going into the next game after a defeat in a negative mood, I lost 7-0 in like my third game last night, but the game immediately after I won 7-1. I think I’m very like “right this game is lost, I’ll win the next one” type thing. But can easily lose 3/4/5 on the bounce of you’re in that rage mode. 😂

Edited by Wardy

I fucking hate low driven shot challenges, working towards the Cordoba birthday card and you need to score 2 low driven goals in 7 games, at least it's squad battles so can do it against horrendous teams.

Does anyone know how it works with the fact it's 4 star skill and weak foot midfield, as in if I play a formation with 5 midfielders and 1 ST would putting a midfielder card in the ST position count as a midfielder or if I put a CF card in the CAM would he then be counted as a midfielder?