FIFA 20

TheGoon

42 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Spending all night trying to score from a Coutinho cross is getting fucking tedious

I feel your pain, I've hit the post about 30 times with low driven shot......

Edit i should add that I found the crossing pretty straighforward. Instead of a regular cross I do the low cross instead (Square and R1 on PS4) and did it fairly quickly.

Edited by mrpaddyx

On 31/03/2020 at 17:59, Wardy said:

Could still take Correa and potentially start as a CAM? Or use as a sub? Not used Hernandez. I’ve completed the la liga one like 3 times but used Correa in the icon SBC the last time. But keeping him this time round. Links well with Ramos. Not tried the Mallorca striker but the boy from Bilbao was decent when I used him for icon tokens last season. 

Standard gold teams you need to watch out for. Drag backs and the like. 

Got Hernandez - what a player. Think he has registered something like 12 goals in 14 games so far and around 12 assists as well. Been injured on two separate occasions which is a baw ache when your bench is decent but not his level. Very powerful shot.  Definitely going to take your advice and go after Correa. I've got around 20k in cash and he can rotate with Griezann and Litmanen in CAM role and Messi when he inevitably gets tired after 60 minutes. 

On 01/04/2020 at 22:05, thomas said:

I don't have a keeper on the bench as I have never seen one sent off. I like to rush my keeper out when opponents break through one on one, sometimes they stay calm and easily chip me but a lot of the time they panic and blooter it off target and on the occasions the keeper has wiped them out it's been a yellow at worst.

I'm surprised to hear that. Whenever I bring Ter Stegen out, 8/10 they'll chip and score. I love it when the opposition brings the keeper out - makes it a lot easier.  I haven't seen a keeper sent off (from memory)either  but it's surely possible and you'd be allowed to stick an outfield player in goals. 

On 01/04/2020 at 22:00, RandomGuy. said:

Few days ago I scum kicked a ball out quick after an opponent's corner. Turned into a foot race between Lozano and his keeper.

Made it first, knocked it past the keeper who completely wiped me out. Didnt even get a free kick...

Feel like I've been fucked over by refs entirely today tbf. Had a game where Coutinho was clean through, slowed down from sprinting, pressed shoot, as my players leg came back the opponent must've pressed to tackle as he clips Coutinho. My player drops and ball rolls undisturbed to his keeper. No foul, goalie paps the ball over my defence to Traore, cut back to his striker who has an open goal from 6 yards because both my centre backs have stopped sprinting once they reached the edge of the box and instead stood still for a second.

NIghtmare when that happens. I got away with one earlier today. My keeper rushed out his box, slid in, handled it and kicked out of play. I'd have been raging if I was him. It should have been a free kick and sending off but nothing. EA will know about it but possibly something that's too hard to change regarding handling outside the box.

4 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

Haha - I let my kids press the Open button to see if they are luckier!!

Out of all the Marquee SBCs, I got Bruno Fernandes. At least they are all tradeable.

Not bad. Absolute pish for me today. Although I’ve unlocked Vidal. Looks like a monster! Grind starts again to get  Bergwijn now. 

4 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Got Hernandez - what a player. Think he has registered something like 12 goals in 14 games so far and around 12 assists as well. Been injured on two separate occasions which is a baw ache when your bench is decent but not his level. Very powerful shot.  Definitely going to take your advice and go after Correa. I've got around 20k in cash and he can rotate with Griezann and Litmanen in CAM role and Messi when he inevitably gets tired after 60 minutes. 

I'm surprised to hear that. Whenever I bring Ter Stegen out, 8/10 they'll chip and score. I love it when the opposition brings the keeper out - makes it a lot easier.  I haven't seen a keeper sent off (from memory)either  but it's surely possible and you'd be allowed to stick an outfield player in goals. 

NIghtmare when that happens. I got away with one earlier today. My keeper rushed out his box, slid in, handled it and kicked out of play. I'd have been raging if I was him. It should have been a free kick and sending off but nothing. EA will know about it but possibly something that's too hard to change regarding handling outside the box.

Glad he’s worked out for you, don’t you use healing cards? 

9 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

What formation and tactics are you using? I don’t ever seem to have this problem however I have seen a lot of people complaining about it.

This is what I had...

Screenshot_20200402-102528_Companion.thumb.jpg.928bfbed25473fab9948d39b0243eab4.jpg

... it didnt always work for them, it's just boring as f**k that it's literally all I was matching up against. You didnt even have to think about it half the time which ended up with me just completely losing interest and making mistakes.

Currently at 297k coins, and have 100 players up for sale. 90% of them utter bobbins though. Have about 200k of first team player left.

Way it's going could breach 500k coins to build a team with, have enough untradeables to swamp my bench so could spend that entirely on the starting 11. 

Probably still end up with a worse side that what I had, but need different players to use.

Up to 409k, started to put position modifiers up for sale now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

17 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I know that if people start to turn away it won't be in huge enough numbers for them to take much notice but it might be the start of a slow turn in the tide given the number of free to play games now available and some of the bigger YouTube folk now advocating other games or streaming other games. I don't know how much damage has been done this game cycle but it has been one of the the more problematic seasons for FIFA in a number of years, with ongoing issues at some of their tournaments and this current situation not helping. 

It is just a shame that there is so much potential, especially at a time like this, but EA always just do the bare minimum. 

They definitely had one of the bigger shifts recently after that massive VL Kurt got called out on his shit.  But it's gone awfully quiet, and from looking at the reddit around that time, a lot of people realised that although FIFA is often shite, PES is often shiter.  Not fanboying over FIFA or anything, both games have pretty serious problems.

I will agree that this should be seen as a pretty terrible year for EA.  I find the people that obsessively log mistakes EA make as ones for the watching, but it's undeniable that they've made far, far more.  Including some really, really bad ones.  And their servers have been down a lot.  

Buuut, they're in the position where none of that really matters.  They have massive room for improvement, but they're also easily the best product in their genre, and they know they've got their core audience by the short and curlies, and likely always will.  It's that that has led to laziness.

I spent all of last night trying to do Bellarabi before he expires tonight, and I almost managed it.  Low driven and assist objectives were a piece of piss, and I even managed to polish off the Bundesliga swaps objective at the same time.  

Crossing didn't seem as bad as I thought it would.  I got 4 of the 5, then went into full on "I'm only hitting crosses" mode to get the last.  Wonderful cross from Coutinho, big Uncle Sam Sargent rises with a looping, twisting, wonderful header...and the game crashes.  Turns out the game is doing that a lot if you score from a cross with a header.  Ball hits the line, and crash.  Fucking.  Seething.

Managed to get the last one, then just had to win 5 games scoring and assisting with midfielders.  I managed four, including a couple I absolute steamrollered into either a rage quit, or heavy, heavy defeats.  But that last one...Jesus fucking Christ.  Going to have to get it in today, I'm not wasting that painful effort for nothing.

Looks like I'll be closer to 600k by the end of this.

Would folks advice be to split that evenly over the squad? Or better to spend say half of it on a couple of quality players and then fill in the gaps?

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

Sure do. Just annoying when he gets injured during a game and been forced into a substitution. A bit of a rare occurrence with it happening twice to one player in a short period of time.

Aye that’s pretty unlucky. 2 wins away now for all the online icon swaps, online 2 swaps just needs the wins with the champions league players, but not sure I can be arsed. Although Mbappe And Neymar are both those versions. It’s means actually buying quite a few and I’m not sure I want to do that.

Unlocked Vidal Last night. Spent another 90k or so to get some players for the last squad. But I think he will be worth it. Considering he’s over 500k if you just bought every card I think I’ve done alright.

Heres the squad for this WL...moving to the 4-2-3-1 in game.

C2A12ADE-78D5-4A5E-BE82-E91AC8A77A4E.png

2A77678E-4460-4C30-95EB-30F83659615F.png

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like I'll be closer to 600k by the end of this.

Would folks advice be to split that evenly over the squad? Or better to spend say half of it on a couple of quality players and then fill in the gaps?

Are you wanting it to be a specific league or anything? 

There’s folk on YouTube who do like 500-600k squad builders for some inspiration? 

Edited by Wardy

17 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Aye that’s pretty unlucky. 2 wins away now for all the online icon swaps, online 2 swaps just needs the wins with the champions league players, but not sure I can be arsed. Although Mbappe And Neymar are both those versions. It’s means actually buying quite a few and I’m not sure I want to do that.

Unlocked Vidal Last night. Spent another 90k or so to get some players for the last squad. But I think he will be worth it. Considering he’s over 500k if you just bought every card I think I’ve done alright.

Heres the squad for this WL...moving to the 4-2-3-1 in game.

C2A12ADE-78D5-4A5E-BE82-E91AC8A77A4E.png

2A77678E-4460-4C30-95EB-30F83659615F.png

How do you set up tactically in the 4-2-3-1? I've heard it's good to have the two cdms but I always struggle to create in that formation. 

I normally play 4-1-2-1-2 narrow which is fun but does leave you more exposed. I've never really played with wingers as I am more of a passer than a dribbler. 

25 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Are you wanting it to be a specific league or anything? 

There’s folk on YouTube who do like 500-600k squad builders for some inspiration? 

Anything but Serie A.

Preferably a back four, with a front two. 

Have 89 De Gea untradeable so linking him in could save money too. Also have 86 Werner who could be useful.

Edited by RandomGuy.

16 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

How do you set up tactically in the 4-2-3-1? I've heard it's good to have the two cdms but I always struggle to create in that formation. 

I normally play 4-1-2-1-2 narrow which is fun but does leave you more exposed. I've never really played with wingers as I am more of a passer than a dribbler. 

Not drop back one depth anyway! 😂 I like to dictate the match, which sometimes leads to me just being countered (fucking knobs) 

Usually pressure on heavy touch for defending 4/5 width and 3 depth. long ball for offensive, 6 width and 4 depth. Something like that but just use what your comfortable with I always say. I usually piss about with it over a few games to see what works best for me. I’m not a skiller by any means either, but I do like the odd sweaty winger. Just play the fannies at their own game. 

Played a really good opponent last night, the usual drag back counter pish. He went 3-2 up and gave it the shhh etc. Determined, on came Dalglish and GMS. 2 for Dalglish, the 5th coming from GMS. Didn’t even get to Shhh as the connection was lost after the ball hit the net. Glorious. 😂 that was with my FO Spanish pish as well. 

Spunked my load. Just went for it. Bought a new team, cost just over 500k coins so have some in reserve...

Say hello to the new boys, probably be a disaster but f**k it, had no luck with wingers so going a different route.

Screenshot_20200403-142822_Companion.thumb.jpg.27b81aa17c9a2ff0fb8eb6a6b4286667.jpg

Not sure about David Silva there but will likely swap him and De Bruyne in game if it's not going well. No pace at all in that attack so I'll never score but trying to play through folk is more enjoyable than just battering it down the wings.

Edited by RandomGuy.