FIFA 20

TheGoon

Does anyone played squad battles. I cannot believe I have completed 200 of these to get Baumann in a 100k pack.

Rivals got Baumann once and didn’t get him in WL.

I’m totally against violence and this goes against all logic but I reckon I would hit Baumann a slap if I ever seen him, before legging it.
Your luck has been insane compared to more or less everyone on here......

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Think that is me done with FIFA for the time being. EA could have made such a big deal of this situation and made the game really engaging by rewarding players with a huge variety of SBCs and rewards. They could have brought back different promos and increased the pack weight to get everyone back involved but instead its terrible SBC after terrible SBC and a TOTW re-run of very little value (especially this late in the game cycle). Grinding away at the Weekend League for example is now redundant.

Not sure if others are like me but with all this extra time I've gone back to certain games like FM20 and bought a couple of games that were on offer in the Playstation Store (AC Odyssey is superb). I get ready for some gaming each day and those other games are now at the top of the pile, FIFA, a game that I've always loved despite the flaws, is now dull and repetitive but it could have been so different if EA actually tried something different. 

Problem is, people like that who actually do disappear and go do something else are in the minority.  EA can largely do whatever they want, and they know that the majority won't do shit.  They're the biggest dick in town and they'll keep swinging it until enough people leave the game behind.  There's no danger of that happening, so they're going to continue with the status quo.

I'm slightly surprised they haven't done a little more during this time, but I expect it's probably down to the same reasons I'm getting much less done at work.  Everyone will be at home, and productivity is bound to be hit.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Problem is, people like that who actually do disappear and go do something else are in the minority.  EA can largely do whatever they want, and they know that the majority won't do shit.  They're the biggest dick in town and they'll keep swinging it until enough people leave the game behind.  There's no danger of that happening, so they're going to continue with the status quo.

I'm slightly surprised they haven't done a little more during this time, but I expect it's probably down to the same reasons I'm getting much less done at work.  Everyone will be at home, and productivity is bound to be hit.

I know that if people start to turn away it won't be in huge enough numbers for them to take much notice but it might be the start of a slow turn in the tide given the number of free to play games now available and some of the bigger YouTube folk now advocating other games or streaming other games. I don't know how much damage has been done this game cycle but it has been one of the the more problematic seasons for FIFA in a number of years, with ongoing issues at some of their tournaments and this current situation not helping. 

It is just a shame that there is so much potential, especially at a time like this, but EA always just do the bare minimum. 

The best hope is we might see some improvements for the next generation of consoles, but there's no chance of anything noticeable before that. 

Even then, assuming they can still sell FIFA points in most countries, you won't see a change in mind set from EA.

Does anyone played squad battles. I cannot believe I have completed 200 of these to get Baumann in a 100k pack.

Rivals got Baumann once and didn’t get him in WL.

I’m totally against violence and this goes against all logic but I reckon I would hit Baumann a slap if I ever seen him, before legging it.

IMG_9728.jpg

First marquees pack.

Somewhat predictably, my 84-91 rated sbc player was 84 rated. Imagine my surprise.
Coutinho and Bonucci from MM’s and f**k all else. Meh.

Same although I packed 84 Goretzka from it.

That Bergwijn FUT birthday card looks unreal and could fit into my team on 10 chem because of the loyalty. Non expiry too but will bust out the Libertadores and sudamericana players again to get him. 

3 packs to open through rewards and SBCs.

84-91 pack: 84 Callejon (duplicate)

Mega Pack: 83 Borja Iglesias (duplicate Denayer)

Jumbo premium Gold players: 81 Benat (5 duplicates)

A mugs game.

8 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Think that is me done with FIFA for the time being. EA could have made such a big deal of this situation and made the game really engaging by rewarding players with a huge variety of SBCs and rewards. They could have brought back different promos and increased the pack weight to get everyone back involved but instead its terrible SBC after terrible SBC and a TOTW re-run of very little value (especially this late in the game cycle). Grinding away at the Weekend League for example is now redundant.

Not sure if others are like me but with all this extra time I've gone back to certain games like FM20 and bought a couple of games that were on offer in the Playstation Store (AC Odyssey is superb). I get ready for some gaming each day and those other games are now at the top of the pile, FIFA, a game that I've always loved despite the flaws, is now dull and repetitive but it could have been so different if EA actually tried something different. 

I go through spells. The gameplay is fucking horrendous this year and the folk playing it are even worse. I've played 3 games tonight and every single person has simply given the ball to their wingers, held the analogue stick towards the byline then went for a cut back. 90 fucking minutes of that, three games in a row.

FM20 is abysmal aswell, and utterly boring. That's that only reason I play FIFA.

On a cheerier note, the Verdi card I got from WL is surprisingly decent. 5* weak foot, incredible pace and agility. 

Aye, that's me done with FIFA again.

4 games in a row of just constant spamming of cutbacks. This whole week that's literally all I've played against.

It's so fucking boring.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

4 games in a row of just constant spamming of cutbacks. This whole week that's literally all I've played against.

It's so fucking boring.

Proper heads gone stuff, whole squad is now up for sale. Should hopefully have them all sold by tomorrow morning. I'll let you know the amount of coins I get in total so anyone who's bored can build me a squad to try. Had a Serie A side this whole time so bored of it now.

Think I could afford this, if I can get what I'm hoping for, and the fact I already have De Gea...

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200402-214537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8379a01a4f2fa346d61065fbd9002824.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

It's so fucking boring.

What formation and tactics are you using? I don’t ever seem to have this problem however I have seen a lot of people complaining about it.