FIFA 20

TheGoon

Played to 14 wins last night, and I've got 3 games to play tonight.  Win all of them and I'll get my first ever Gold 2, so cannae wait to lose the 1st to a 94th minute shin-roller.

Don't know if it's just me, but I found this weekend to have the most obnoxious people playing.  There's usually always the odd guy like that, but I'm not exaggerating in saying that all but a handful were going out of their way to be utter c***s.  All kinds of antagonistic celebrations, blatant time-wasting, and the like.

Did lead to two wonderful examples though.  I went 1-0 down to a guy, and he shushed and celebrated into the camera.  Ok, let's see how this game goes.  He didn't celebrate that way for his 2nd goal, because I'd already put 7 past him, celebrating the 3rd-7th into the camera.  If you're going to be a dick, you better be absolutely sure the guy on the other hand has no chance of coming back to win.  Second guy went 4-0 up, and then decided around the hour mark that he was going to keep booting it back to his keeper to try and kill the game.  I mean, fine, it's a way of playing and of killing time, but it's utter shitebag behaviour.  Got it to 4-1 and he got worse, so on came The Blonde Kelvin Botherer himself GMS.  4-2....4-3...you could see the panic setting in.  93rd minute, GMS gets his hat-trick to make it 4-4.  He realises he'll have to come out attacking again, and I pick him off twice more for 6-4.  Honestly mate, should've gone for the jugular at 4-0.

Current team.  Starts in a 4-3-3 to get 100 chem, but really happy with the way this one sets up.  Tierney is incredible on the left, obviously great going backwards supporting the three, but the insane boost he got makes him pretty good going forward too.  Only thing he really struggles with is clinical finishing if he's 1-on-1, but he's got a fair few goals.  Outside of that, the rest are pretty obvious, but should say that I've been really, really impressed by all the Argentines in the squad.  Bought Messi a while back and he's obviously great, but after getting Acuna, I've added the three Libertadores/Sudamericana players in there too.  Lopez has put VVD out the team and Perez is a great defensive midfielder sitting alongside Acuna.  Bustos is the best of the lot though.  I've never used a defender this quick.  So many times I've seen people do the usual tactic of charging down the wing with some super-sub, but I've yet to see Bustos not chase them down and send them into the stands.  He's brilliant.

I've got a touch under 500k coins, but struggling to see where I'm going to improve the below without getting a lot more coins in.  Will probably just grind through some League SBCs in the hope I pack something worth....anything.

image.png.37970a8c8137355212d02e2538c7f42e.png

image.png.27c78272bbaf7b47ea6add26becfdda5.png

20 minutes ago, forameus said:

If you're going to be a dick, you better be absolutely sure the guy on the other hand has no chance of coming back to win.  

Had that backfire on me, tbh. 

3-0 down after an hour, all goals with full celebrations and replays, hes now just pissing about.

Subs come on, get it back to 3-3 with about 5 minutes left, only celebrated the 3rd by giving it laldy then up to the camera.

90th minute? Get the opportunity to avenge the sweaty goals, roll it across the six yard line for Martinez to tap it in, press circle, only for Martinez to try and tackle his defender instead of tapping it in. He counters, I win the ball, pass it back to keeper, absolutely f**k up by tapping square instead of circle (f**k you PES), chipping the ball to his striker who smashing it in on the volley.

Straight to the camera with the shush.

It's taken me until now to find all the fragments of my head.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Had that backfire on me, tbh. 

3-0 down after an hour, all goals with full celebrations and replays, hes now just pissing about.

Subs come on, get it back to 3-3 with about 5 minutes left, only celebrated the 3rd by giving it laldy then up to the camera.

90th minute? Get the opportunity to avenge the sweaty goals, roll it across the six yard line for Martinez to tap it in, press circle, only for Martinez to try and tackle his defender instead of tapping it in. He counters, I win the ball, pass it back to keeper, absolutely f**k up by tapping square instead of circle (f**k you PES), chipping the ball to his striker who smashing it in on the volley.

Straight to the camera with the shush.

It's taken me until now to find all the fragments of my head.

Haha I had something like this last night. 2-0 down in 20 with full celebrations and replays plus walk back to the halfway line. 

Scored my first and skipped everything.  Equalised and celebrated with the shush to the halfway line with full replays and let him have a nice look at my tifo. I won 5-3 and did the same for every following goal. 

I hope he learned a valuable lesson.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Played to 14 wins last night, and I've got 3 games to play tonight.  Win all of them and I'll get my first ever Gold 2, so cannae wait to lose the 1st to a 94th minute shin-roller.

Don't know if it's just me, but I found this weekend to have the most obnoxious people playing.  There's usually always the odd guy like that, but I'm not exaggerating in saying that all but a handful were going out of their way to be utter c***s.  All kinds of antagonistic celebrations, blatant time-wasting, and the like.

Did lead to two wonderful examples though.  I went 1-0 down to a guy, and he shushed and celebrated into the camera.  Ok, let's see how this game goes.  He didn't celebrate that way for his 2nd goal, because I'd already put 7 past him, celebrating the 3rd-7th into the camera.  If you're going to be a dick, you better be absolutely sure the guy on the other hand has no chance of coming back to win.  Second guy went 4-0 up, and then decided around the hour mark that he was going to keep booting it back to his keeper to try and kill the game.  I mean, fine, it's a way of playing and of killing time, but it's utter shitebag behaviour.  Got it to 4-1 and he got worse, so on came The Blonde Kelvin Botherer himself GMS.  4-2....4-3...you could see the panic setting in.  93rd minute, GMS gets his hat-trick to make it 4-4.  He realises he'll have to come out attacking again, and I pick him off twice more for 6-4.  Honestly mate, should've gone for the jugular at 4-0.

That’s fucking glorious. I actually love GMS. He’s ridiculously OP it’s hilarious. Not a lot of folk have him I think, apart from us Staunch Scots. 😂😂

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

That’s fucking glorious. I actually love GMS. He’s ridiculously OP it’s hilarious. Not a lot of folk have him I think, apart from us Staunch Scots. 😂😂

Makes a change from everyone raving about how much of a slippery little w****r Kent is.

53 minutes ago, forameus said:

Makes a change from everyone raving about how much of a slippery little w****r Kent is.

I regret not getting him actually. But I really dislike the Rangers. So it was an easy decision. 😂 

And yes the correct way to play Fifa is, of course the old Pes controls from the PS2 days. 

Got Benzema from it then forgot to put him into Ramsey's SBC because I search strikers, but he's a CF.

Been an expensive couple of days for my Arsenal squad with Ozil & Ramsey. Hope they're worth it.

Screenshot_20200330-204339.png

Edited by Jaggy Snake

10 hours ago, forameus said:

I had a simliar result in Rivals last night, I was already down to 10 men and losing 3-1 when I conceded a penalty and got another man sent off. By the way the other guy was playing (cocky celebrations , not skipping etc) I figured he would try and be a knob and chip it down the middle. He did and my keeper had the easiest catch to make. I then bring on GMS and go to a weird 2-3-2 formation. This led to 3 goals in the last 20 mins for a glorious 4-3 win and no doubt a broken controller on the other side.

Edited by mrpaddyx

Played to gold 3. 14-4. My last three games I won 5-0,3-0 and 2-0 and my opponents never even registered a shot.

I'm sure I could hit elite if I consistently played all my games but the game is too much of a grind to keep playing.

Think I'll play a couple of drafts before calling it a night.