FIFA 20

TheGoon

4 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

Anyone know when FutBirthday is happening?

Not even sure EA do to be honest.  While I expect, like everyone, they've got far more on than planning their next promo, I fully expected them to be all over us trying to shake down every last copper during the lockdown.

Got to 10 icon swaps after slugging through the french 1st owned online, couldn't decide what to get for my team so put it in the hands of EA and got Petit. If I'm honest I'm just glad to be back using my own team and not doing an objective, my controllers life was in danger for a while there.

Going to focus on getting the Irish loan icons in. Found a way to get the majority of requirements in one squad. Will then just have to use 2 MLS players (in the come Gary Mackay Steven 😂) for another 3 games.

Also did the Sudamericana SBC all 3 times, the Libertadores once as well as finishing the championship and CSL league SBC to complete big Ramos. He looks end game! 

1578324A-A385-4ED2-AC39-5349B8F1FAB8.png

E08386E1-4EB3-48B8-88B3-FBE93964C0FC.png

3 minutes ago, Yonas said:

bored of my team.

Any fun formations and players to try out? need to be on the cheaper end of value.

Really enjoying playing 5-2-1-2 formation. I switch to it in game because of chemistry. Have to have pace and stamina on the wings (although 2 speedsters to replace is handy too) slight pressure keeps the ball in the opponents half, can dominate possession. If the opponent presses you from the start it can be a bit difficult but always opportunities to get forward and create chances, especially if you move your “wing backs” to hug the sideline and get forward. I use it with my main team below, but I use it for first owner squads on rivals with relative success. Been in division 6 for a couple of weeks now. 

1D5CE952-3CFD-4E1D-9EA9-3A5FDA0FD87B.png

Lads how do you get 4-5 icons in your team? By doing the grinding of winning 4-5 games with various league 1st owned players and various squad battles? I haven’t even got one and it’s a real struggle coming up against excellent teams such as the one above.

Also, does anyone feel the passing is a bit shit? In just about every single game, I click the pass button and there’s a delay of about 2 seconds before it registers. Happens around 10 times a game. Frustrating when it leads to the opposition stealing the ball. Doesn’t seem to happen when shooting or tackling.

8 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Lads how do you get 4-5 icons in your team? By doing the grinding of winning 4-5 games with various league 1st owned players and various squad battles? I haven’t even got one and it’s a real struggle coming up against excellent teams such as the one above.

Also, does anyone feel the passing is a bit shit? In just about every single game, I click the pass button and there’s a delay of about 2 seconds before it registers. Happens around 10 times a game. Frustrating when it leads to the opposition stealing the ball. Doesn’t seem to happen when shooting or tackling.

Nesta, Van der Sar and Seedorf are from icon swaps yes. Koeman I bought for like 360k. Well worth doing the tokens just to get a couple of icons in. It’s a grind but definitely better having them in your club. 

Edited by Wardy

If your shite like me I reckon it's not worth the grind. Sanity I wanna keep.

I have Koeman and Baresi and bought them both. Make coins by doing loads of SBCs and selling most players who are under 82.

Also, sell all consumables like rare gold contracts for 350/400, I keep about 60 squad fitness and sell all the rest.

I haven't done any of the icon swaps, don't have the time and prefer playing Rivals with my best team.

Add me to those who dont bother grinding for things, cant be arsed.

In saying that, a Hibs fan absolutely boabied me with Dalglish last night, 3-2 with King Kenny bagging all 3 for him, so fucking clinical.

Decided against going for Dalglish and went for the prime pack. Got desailly which I was pleased with and put him in for van dijk and sold him.

Just finished the mid icon sbc and got owen. Actually a decent card but 3 star skills is a no for me. Might try him for a few games and see if he can replace mbappe.

Oh aye, you get those shitey 2 rare gold player packs for each squad in the mid icon sbc. I managed to pack two walk outs and an 84 in the last one. Rakitic, Alisson and Martinez. 🤣

Dont know if I'll bother doing more tokens as none of the lads take my fancy from the 14 tokens I could possibly earn.

21 hours ago, dave_binos said:

In my case, perseverance ha ha

That being said if you play a few games in a row its generally the case that you will come up against one player who is much worse than you. I think i've done all but 3 of the Swap icon objectives and have got Hagi, Zambrotta and Koeman. Hagi in particular has been awesome.

I'm torn between Dalglish and Maradona from the current lot. Not tempted by the Prime icon after all the duds I've seen others pull.

To be honest, the grinding aspects this year are the main thing keeping me interested.  If it was just about playing with my main team, I'd have played a fraction of the games I otherwise have.

I already picked up Trezeguet when I got the 7 tokens, then I'll be gunning for that sweet, sweet Dalglish card.  It's the one player I wanted to use when 20 was announced, and good to know I'll have a guaranteed chance at getting him.

Edited by forameus

Cheers for the replies chaps. The grind is frustrating but also rewarding. I took ages to complete the German first owned team. Had a good midfield but defence and attack were hopeless so used my 3 subs right at the beginning with Messi, Suarez and Varane. Now moved onto the French first owned and finding it a bit easier; better players and pace in the side.

In regards to the Icon swap card in SBC where you swap a team of icons, aren’t folk generally taking a huge risk? I’m sure I’ve seen folk on YouTube open up packs and getting someone like Guardiola.