FIFA 20

TheGoon

I had some decent Fut Stars pack luck with Greenwood and a couple of lower value cards. I then basically sold every asset I had that was not in my first team squad in order to get the Haland card. He is genuinely amazing.

Previously I had packed De Jong and he is outstanding. Very happy with my team and will stick with this for some time I reckon.

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

I had some decent Fut Stars pack luck with Greenwood and a couple of lower value cards. I then basically sold every asset I had that was not in my first team squad in order to get the Haland card. He is genuinely amazing.

Previously I had packed De Jong and he is outstanding. Very happy with my team and will stick with this for some time I reckon.

IMG_4632.thumb.jpg.60a991f4cca8dea5bb16c126249b90c3.jpg

IMG_4633.thumb.jpg.717ed5ef9fc20eee20cdbaf65746b3bd.jpg

No way I'd be playing Reus ahead of 90 Werner.

8 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Allan has been exceptional but always feels a little cumbersome going forward. How is Barella?

Yeah I found that with Allan too. Barella has been very smooth across all areas so far. Great at tracking back, loves a tasty challenge. Gets forward for a few goals on the edge of the box. Always finds his pass, links up well with Martinez & Balotelli.

I got my 11 wins that I aim for with a few games to spare. Problem I have seems to be the CB's I try. I had several 6-5 games both ways.... I always go on a crazy losing streak in the middle stretch of games 😂.

On 15/02/2020 at 02:41, Mayos Noun said:

3421 is working wonders this weekend league.

3 strikers with stay central and get in behind.

2 wingers with get in behind and get into box for crosses.

One cm to balanced and one stay back.

So far won 10/10 using this because every single opponent is using 4231 on drop back and do not have a clue how to defend against 6 attacking players.

It’s actually made the game fun.

That's why I rarely went away from 3-at-the-back formations for a while, they are just so much fun going forward.  You can get utterly torn to shreds going the other way, but there are just so many options going forward that you've got a good chance of making it a "score one more than you" game

Pack luck went up a wee bit recently.  Got IF Ramos and sold immediately for 330k, then the refreshed Cornet card who slots straight in at RW.  Also got Ikone Future Stars a few days back, so my team is pretty much set barring some more great luck.  I picked up OTW Ben Yedder to fill my problem forward spot and decided against Mbappe, so hopefully he's finally going to be the one that gives me a forward I don't hate. 

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Will play my first ever one next weekend or the following.
Any tips for someone who is not very good?

Sunday (Or Monday if your lucky) is the best day for playing.

Don't be intimidated by folk who have stacked squads. I played a guy earlier who had 5 icons and Mbappe in his staring line up and he rage quit when I was 5-1 up.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Will play my first ever one next weekend or the following.
Any tips for someone who is not very good?

I'm not too great at the game, I just like building teams and collecting shiny cards tbh.

My advice would be...

Turn off messages from non friends.

Be prepared to play against some utter arseholes, willing to do almost anything for a win.

The first 5 games can be a bit of a lottery imo. Don't be disheartened if you get hammered in a couple or lose them all. You'll find your level.

Tactically, have a plan b. Try not to be too predictable.

11 wins is a decent target to aim for at the start, and should be within reach of most people who play. This will get you automatic entry next time.

A weird and wonderful run of results on Divison rivals div9 today with goals aplenty.

A 5-4 loss

A 4-3 loss.

A 2-0 win.

A 3-3  draw. 

A 4-3 loss.

A 6-3 win.

A 3-3 draw. 

A game when I was 5-1 up after 28 minutes only for the opponent to quit.

Only just recently started back on this mode and already suspect more crazy scoreline to come.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

This be roughly team I'd go with Screenshot_20200216-175016_Companion.jpeg

Quality wise, it looks a lot like my Italian team i've been used for Rivals to get the Swap Icon. I did that in 6-7 games so at my level at least (Division 8 or 9) it doesn't really matter how good the team is.

I meant to say, that its been heavily rumuoured that quiting games in the WL gives you a much toughter opponent for the next game. I've not quit once in the past few attempts even though this has led to a few batterings.

Yeah can only echo what others have said. Only played the one WL and finished on 11 wins. I’ve never had messages on from other people. Don’t see the point in it. Just play the game. Never quit as you always have a chance, and sometimes if your like 3-0 down or whatever the pressure is off so you can just play your game. Different when your hanging on and you feel the game going against you, just have a really defensive tactic and get bodies back. I was going to play this weekend, but decided against it. Haven’t played that much over the last week, so I’d have definitely found it hard to replicate the 11 wins like last time. Just slowly building a really good squad and making sure formations and instructions are fine tuned. Definitely going to give the 5-2-1-2 formation a go in game. 

I bought headliner Tagliafico, sentinel chem style makes him a 94 rated CB according to Futbin so he could come in handy in a back 3. 

Edited by Wardy

The other thing I should mention about WL is that, unless you get near 30 wins, the rewards are invariably rubbish. The best pick i've had this year is an 88 Red Lukaku.

This week I ended 6-8. I really don't know why I signed up as I've hardly had any free time this weekend.

The other thing I should mention about WL is that, unless you get near 30 wins, the rewards are invariably rubbish. The best pick i've had this year is an 88 Red Lukaku.
This week I ended 6-8. I really don't know why I signed up as I've hardly had any free time this weekend.
Once I fail, it's a grind to get back to 2000. However I enjoy doing the milestones.
Got Real Sociedad and Alaves to go ( 3goals in need )