FIFA 20

TheGoon

Starting to see a rise in the particularly VL behaviour of the opponent going quite far ahead, and then pausing as if to say "go on, rage quit then".  Guy went 3-0 up and did it (usually pretty easy to spot, as they immediately continue rather than spending a while making a sub.  I usually quit Rivals games if it seems like it's going that way and they go at least 3 up, but never like to give people like that what they want.

Got it back to 3-2 and had a chance for the equaliser as he started to wobble, but he went straight back up the other end and got one.  And of course shush celebration.  Ended up 5-3 (another shush for his 5th) unfortunately, really thought I could get back in it.

Anyway, away from absolute virgins, finally had some decent pack luck and got Ikone Future Stars.  Had heard good things about him, and given I'm looking to go a bit Ligue 1, he's a big boost.  Worth 270k now, and I suspect that'll rise a wee bit once the promo ends.  Doubt I'll sell him though, he seems very, very good at the moment just behind Osimhen.

900k currently saved up, swithering between Ben Yedder and Mbappe

First 4 packs from Marquee Matchups were humming but the pack for completing them all came up a belter. Don't have a way to squeeze him in to my EPL/Seria A main team so think he'll be sold, looks to be worth about 180k. 

Screenshot_20200214_111738_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

18 minutes ago, forameus said:

I just mute the game.  There isn't one bit of sound design that is worthy of being played.  Music's fucking shite.  Commentary's fucking shite.  Game "atmosphere" is fucking shite.  

Always better to hear the sound of your own voice going mental at every miss placed pass, shot etc 😂

42 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Packed ter Stegen from MM’s, so now have him and Oblak tradeable. Considering selling both and doing Courtois’ SBC. What do we reckon?

Whatever ends up with you having more coins to be honest, I find keepers at that level essentially identical.

I'm pretty much done with the weekend league now after months of shitey rewards. Having not spent a penny this is the squad I've settled on for the time being. This is the first year I've properly dabbled in trading. I have lost interest a bit in the last couple of weeks. I recently replaced 90 George Best with Garrincha and 91 Lothar Matthaus with Scream Firmino hence the 9 chem on them. I may go back to Best at RM tbh, Garrincha hasn't been all that great so far.

I play a 4231 in game with Firmino and Kante at CDM, Mane at LM, Garrincha at RM, Neymar at CAM and Mbappe up top.

20200214_230223.jpeg20200214_230242.jpeg

Putting together my team for WL. I'm not really that arsed about it but I give it a go. I don't bother with setting up a whole load of tactics or anything like that. However I believe I do have full backs to stay back whilst attacking otherwise they end up in no man's land. 

Barella is a new addition to the team. Had quite a lot of players in the club ready just in case a good SBC would come up so it only cost me about 30-35k to complete. He's replacing Allan, who was a beast at stopping people reaching the final 3rd. I always found he'd end up in great scoring positions but would mess up the finish every time.

Had a bit of a dilemma at CAM recently. Alejandro Gomez was the main man for such a long time and then he just wasn't up to it as everybody's teams progressed. Have tried both Mertens and Insigne in recent times but they get bullied too easily by beast CDM's. I haven't tried Dybala and was probably going to if I hadn't spotted Lautaro Martinez, who actually might be exactly what I need. I had used his IF at Striker in the early days before Balotelli and enjoyed him so I expect him to do well.

No time to get Politano upgraded to 89 so will do that after this WL.

11 wins is what I typically aim for.

image.thumb.png.cfcc6f3f793dfaf7cebcca1c86782bf4.png

3421 is working wonders this weekend league.

3 strikers with stay central and get in behind.

2 wingers with get in behind and get into box for crosses.

One cm to balanced and one stay back.

So far won 10/10 using this because every single opponent is using 4231 on drop back and do not have a clue how to defend against 6 attacking players.

It’s actually made the game fun.

13 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Putting together my team for WL. I'm not really that arsed about it but I give it a go. I don't bother with setting up a whole load of tactics or anything like that. However I believe I do have full backs to stay back whilst attacking otherwise they end up in no man's land. 

Barella is a new addition to the team. Had quite a lot of players in the club ready just in case a good SBC would come up so it only cost me about 30-35k to complete. He's replacing Allan, who was a beast at stopping people reaching the final 3rd. I always found he'd end up in great scoring positions but would mess up the finish every time.

Had a bit of a dilemma at CAM recently. Alejandro Gomez was the main man for such a long time and then he just wasn't up to it as everybody's teams progressed. Have tried both Mertens and Insigne in recent times but they get bullied too easily by beast CDM's. I haven't tried Dybala and was probably going to if I hadn't spotted Lautaro Martinez, who actually might be exactly what I need. I had used his IF at Striker in the early days before Balotelli and enjoyed him so I expect him to do well.

No time to get Politano upgraded to 89 so will do that after this WL.

11 wins is what I typically aim for.

image.thumb.png.cfcc6f3f793dfaf7cebcca1c86782bf4.png

Allan has been exceptional but always feels a little cumbersome going forward. How is Barella?