FIFA 20

TheGoon

7 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I finished the Weekend League with an 11-14 record. Some of the losess were just plain weird against what appeared to be rubbish opponents. I don't think I can take any more so i'll leave the Icon swap reward (12 wins in WL) till next week at the earliest.

I just finished on the 11 as well. I came up against a guy with a really average team like 82 rated but he was pretty good and efficient. He won 2-0 and even had a man sent off. I just couldn’t score. Had at least 4/5 non rare golds. All my wins were either by 1/2 goal margins as well. But hey not a bad effort for my first venture into WL. Traded in my 6 tokens for Van der Sar. Also finished La Liga SBC and took the Bilbao winger for La Liga FO icon swap squad. 

Edited by Wardy

It's the ones with the shite looking teams you have to watch out for in WL. I'd rather take on someone with Icons etc. as you know what you're up against.

A guy with a full silver side took me to extra time and I got battered by someone who just played with a Crystal Palace team.

I'm going to play with a full Hibs side in a WL before the end for a laugh.

18 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's the ones with the shite looking teams you have to watch out for in WL. I'd rather take on someone with Icons etc. as you know what you're up against.

A guy with a full silver side took me to extra time and I got battered by someone who just played with a Crystal Palace team.

Sometimes I think you're players get downgraded, or the opposition gets upgraded when playing weaker opposition e.g. there is zero movement, miss easy chances etc

I'm probably just being paranoid 😂

2 hours ago, champions said:

Sometimes I think you're players get downgraded, or the opposition gets upgraded when playing weaker opposition e.g. there is zero movement, miss easy chances etc

I’m sure there is some tampering going on! There was was game I played and was certain that the game was wanting my opponent to win. It finished 3-2 to him, he only had 2 shots on goal to my 20. One of his goals was a ridiculous own goal where none of his players were near the ball! 

I feel like sometimes when you really should have scored and you do, the game takes pity and ends up rewarding you the next goal in ridiculous fashion. Happened to me on Sunday night, clean through with Insigne and I smash it it comes back off the bar and down, in comes dembele and all he has to do is put it in, but it bounces up, yet hits the other players Marcelo square off the puss and goes in. Just sitting there like what the actual f**k is this? 😂 happened last night too, goalie made an unreal safe for a corner. Said corner comes in and his defender just headers it into his own net. It’s like, thanks. But I would have preferred the previous chance to have went in. 😂

2 hours ago, champions said:

I’ve been of that opinion for years

4 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Aye I might do an ex Raith 11 for a laugh. Ross Laidlaw in goal up against Messi 😂

C3D2EC8D-D001-487D-AEE5-C6FDADAEC8B8.png

Edited by Wardy

7 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Looking to do an Icon Swap soon. Who is better? Bobby Moore at 5 icon entries or Hierro at 6?

I'd probably favour Hierro but its more than likely he would be used for SBC fodder rather than actually used in the team.

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

I'd probably favour Hierro but its more than likely he would be used for SBC fodder rather than actually used in the team.

This is to partner standard 90 Van Dijk btw. I probably don't do as many SBCs as some of you guys so thinking whichever one can be partner to VVD for a while.

Got really annoyed at the game recently and spunked 500k on ultimate packs when I had a few beers on Saturday night. Not even a walkout thought that was me done with the game other than the odd sbc for fun. Open a 50k pack on the app there with some of my last coins, Prime Yashin 94 goes for 770K, the game must have known.

Anyone used him or should I sell for Mbappe?

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Got really annoyed at the game recently and spunked 500k on ultimate packs when I had a few beers on Saturday night. Not even a walkout thought that was me done with the game other than the odd sbc for fun. Open a 50k pack on the app there with some of my last coins, Prime Yashin 94 goes for 770K, the game must have known.

Sell, no point having that much coins tied up in a keeper imo.

Sell, no point having that much coins tied up in a keeper imo.

I’d be inclined to agree, most seem to be decent and all make random howlers, I doubt he’s worth 770k more to me than futmas De Gea.

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I had him as my Loan player at the start, decent keeper but that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Edit - You can currently get TOTT Ter Stegen for around £120k, which is probably about the best keeper i've seen in the game.

Edited by mrpaddyx

I had him as my Loan player at the start, decent keeper but that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Edit - You can currently get TOTT Ter Stegen for around £120k, which is probably about the best keeper i've seen in the game.
Ter Stegen IS the best keeper in the game. I thought that was an undeniable fact ? [emoji23]