FIFA 20

TheGoon

11 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'm praying for them to release all of them at once, but I suspect they're loving just doing the 6 at a time so they can control when people get each Icon.  b*****ds.

I was going to go for the Mid Icon pack, but after getting Roberto Carlos I'm going to go for Zambrotta.  I should be able to get him once the next season opens, then I can either go for van der Sar, or just sack off the objectives completely.  Latter is tempting.

And I did end up getting my 200 wins.  Got 87 Bernardo Silva out of the pack.  Fucking sigh.

I'm only 3 wins away, expecting nothing out of it :). Hoping to get it this week, in the process of completing politano for something to do and not bothered if I win or lose, just looking for goals.

I picked up the flash back Costa last night (cost = existing players plus 35k). 

I’ve only played a few games but he seems a bit of a beast, which is what you would expect from 99 in both strength and aggression. I think he would be better as part of a pair up front so I’m going to juggle the formation about a bit to see where he plays best. 

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Just to counter Sauzee, I went and got this from the Headliner SBC rare player pack... What's the point. 

IMG_20200121_215555.jpg

I don’t do the untradeable ones. It’s pathetic. Forcing the Fifa points on us blatantly. Really really poor. 

Untradeable packs seem to be the only way I can get anything decent, through rewards or some kind of upgrade packs. If that doesn’t pay off at least I’ve built up enough to do some of the big player SBCs. Would love something worth big coins but just had no luck so far. 

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Untradeable packs seem to be the only way I can get anything decent, through rewards or some kind of upgrade packs. If that doesn’t pay off at least I’ve built up enough to do some of the big player SBCs. Would love something worth big coins but just had no luck so far. 

Neymar this year is the biggest tradeable player I’ve ever packed. Probably should have sold him straight away when he was £1.1m, but the novelty of having your own first owner player like that was just too strong so I’m probably just keeping him now.

Right at the start I generally picked untradeable packs , just to build up squad depth for SBCs. Now I have enough players (around 1500) it’s tradeable only. I am tempted to rinse my entire squad to try and get a few of the really big names but might wait off a few weeks yet. 

I've always found untradeables to be a bit of a blessing at times.  When you get a REALLY big tradeable player, there's always that thought of whether to keep or sell.  Whichever one, you're a slave to their price.  I've lost a lot of money in the past on players just dropping in value, and probably ended up losing about a million on Paulo Maldini when I packed him on 19 (although we had many wonderful games together the sexy f**k).  With untradeable, you don't get any of those worries, and they're yours as long as you want them.  

Although what I wouldn't have given for one of the two Neymar's I packed to be tradeable...

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

Right at the start I generally picked untradeable packs , just to build up squad depth for SBCs. Now I have enough players (around 1500) it’s tradeable only. I am tempted to rinse my entire squad to try and get a few of the really big names but might wait off a few weeks yet. 

I did kind of similar before getting to the "f**k it" stage with my club chock full of players.  Think I ended up getting about 450k just out of selling off the tradeable.

Of course that's mostly been squandered now, because, as I said, f**k it.

Edited by forameus

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Just packed the exact same card. b*****ds untradeable.

IMG_0864.jpg

Guess you’ll be doing an SBC then 😂

Always found 81+ sbc’s to be a complete scam myself. Done three of them since they came out again and had an 82 and an 81 every single time.

Guess you’ll be doing an SBC then [emoji23]
Always found 81+ sbc’s to be a complete scam myself. Done three of them since they came out again and had an 82 and an 81 every single time.

I’ve opened another 3 since and I’ve packed Neuer, a shite 82 keeper and headliner Semedo.