FIFA 20

TheGoon

I reckon I did the top 5 leagues last year between 8-10 times each. For instance in Spain Bilbao cost 8k but you got a Prime gold players pack for it. Arsenal last year you got a Prime Gold Players pack yet this year you get a Jumbo Gold Pack. The cards are all pretty much dead now as well, not one of the league players would get into my team or even as a sub. Take Serie A for example. Dalbert isn’t as good as Alex Sandro who costs 25k, and Tonali isn’t as good as Allan who you could get his IF for 120k

I would say this year EA have really taken it up a level by trying to force you too buy points. Untradeable packs in SBC’s and general lack of content in the menus has killed it for the casual player.

I reckon I did the top 5 leagues last year between 8-10 times each. For instance in Spain Bilbao cost 8k but you got a Prime gold players pack for it. Arsenal last year you got a Prime Gold Players pack yet this year you get a Jumbo Gold Pack. The cards are all pretty much dead now as well, not one of the league players would get into my team or even as a sub. Take Serie A for example. Dalbert isn’t as good as Alex Sandro who costs 25k, and Tonali isn’t as good as Allan who you could get his IF for 120k

I would say this year EA have really taken it up a level by trying to force you too buy points. Untradeable packs in SBC’s and general lack of content in the menus has killed it for the casual player.

First time doing it ( ultimate team that is )
Squad battles seems to be fine and the odd online game every so often. Want to reach the weekend league just once. ( I reckon I would get slaughtered ) n that be me.
Stuck with spanish team from day dot. Dont think will change it unless every so often I get a better player.
Over all enjoyment is its alright.
Putting money in the game however I find mental behaviour but each to their own

15 hours ago, YHallSaint said:

Upto wahat level do you empty your club. I have around 500-600 gold players under 83 and thinking just sitting tonight and putting them into upgrades. I usually keep all my mamin leagues but ive barely touched a league sbc this year unless ive had enough to do it and with Marquee Matchups being poor and not much else SBC wise except for high end thinking it might be worth just going for it

I had around 2500 players in the club.  At that level, I've no idea how many are bronze, silver or gold, but in churning through bronze/silver upgrades and then these further upgrades, I'm down to about 1700. Suspect that might go closer to 1000 once all's said and done.  Think I might punt all the bronze and silvers that'll sell too, leaving only enough first owner players for leagues to be able to complete objectives.  f**k it.

7 hours ago, Wardy said:

I’ve changed my name to politano goals. I’ve clearly got Serie A players. Guy gets 2 pens and then scores a third in the last min, then actually pauses it not once but twice after scoring. Like why? Why? 

It's for trying to scum the objectives and take the easy way out ya wee VL...

But seriously, some people are just c***s.  I'm not pretending like online games aren't chock full of them across all genres, but there's definitely a certain kind of absolute c**t that plays FIFA.  Try not and let it get to you, as that's what they want.

7 hours ago, Wardy said:

Rivals is the most tedious fucking game mode ever. 

That's a funny way to spell Squad Battles.

Edited by forameus

8 hours ago, Wardy said:

I’ve changed my name to politano goals. I’ve clearly got Serie A players. Guy gets 2 pens and then scores a third in the last min, then actually pauses it not once but twice after scoring. Like why? Why? 

If they are anything like me they probably have 3 kids running around demanding stuff every 4 seconds. I sometimes have to do the double pause before coming back to the game. 

29 minutes ago, forameus said:

I had around 2500 players in the club.  At that level, I've no idea how many are bronze, silver or gold, but in churning through bronze/silver upgrades and then these further upgrades, I'm down to about 1700. Suspect that might go closer to 1000 once all's said and done.  Think I might punt all the bronze and silvers that'll sell too, leaving only enough first owner players for leagues to be able to complete objectives.  f**k it.

It's for trying to scum the objectives and take the easy way out ya wee VL...

But seriously, some people are just c***s.  I'm not pretending like online games aren't chock full of them across all genres, but there's definitely a certain kind of absolute c**t that plays FIFA.  Try not and let it get to you, as that's what they want.

That's a funny way to spell Squad Battles.

Haha. Least you can fucking quit the AI’s replays. 😂 plus the computer is fucking so easy to play against even on legendary. Force them out wide, let them cross for days. 

Fair enough on the objectives part,  but I’ll still play my normal game. It’s not like I’m demanding that they let me score against them. It’s probably better for them as they know I don’t even need to win. Don’t seem the problem with it to be honest. 

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

If they are anything like me they probably have 3 kids running around demanding stuff every 4 seconds. I sometimes have to do the double pause before coming back to the game. 

But pausing immediately after going 3-0 up. Letting run the full 30 seconds, then Immediately pausing it again for the full 30 seconds. I then kick off and the final whistle goes. I think this guy was just a dick. 😂

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

But pausing immediately after going 3-0 up. Letting run the full 30 seconds, then Immediately pausing it again for the full 30 seconds. I then kick off and the final whistle goes. I think this guy was just a dick. 😂

In those circumstances, yes he probably was a dick 😃

I cant play the xbox1 or ps4 when my kids are up and about , just cant happen ( one of those reasons you have already said).

16 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Once I've got enough tokens for Zambrotta I'll be chucking icon swaps. I didn't expect them to spread the rest of the tokens over 2 seasons, by that point in the game most folk will have better players than what's available through the swaps.

They are going to need to do something pretty big for the last batch of swaps because the 2nd batch is absolutely honking. Prime Gullit will do.

Only giving 20 odd days for the next set is pretty shit, should spread it out a bit more. Just been doing a few games each night. One more win for ligue 1 and all of serie A, plus another 11 SB wins still to do.  I actually can't be bothered playing the game

Also interested to hear what this is. Haven't even looked at the icon swaps thing but think I need to give it a bash.

Kind of related to above, can anyone advise how easy/difficult it is to get the storyline players at level 20 of seasons? I want to get the Felipe Anderson but I'm assuming you have to hit basically every single objective + dailies. Only got to score a chip and one more finesse in rivals to complete week 1 but unfortunately I'm still struggling to score any goals online let alone fancy shots.

3 hours ago, champions said:

Can someone tell me how to do the shush?

I always skip replays, dont needlessly pause the game, but the amount arseholes who dab, shush, watch full rerun, play 1 depth drop back etc annoys me a bit. It would be good to give something back :)

I’m sure you go into the club settings (right before a game on squad selection) and change your celebration. It’s the same area you changeyour strip, stadium  etc.

Mine is set as the People’s Elbow which I only ever use if someone has been a complete dick. 

4 hours ago, champions said:

Can someone tell me how to do the shush?

I always skip replays, dont needlessly pause the game, but the amount arseholes who dab, shush, watch full rerun, play 1 depth drop back etc annoys me a bit. It would be good to give something back :)

Hold right stick to Right.  L2 flick right stick twice to right. ends it with Lacazette Swagger.

Squad Battles glitch is the standing fake shot with either full back just in your half then dont press anything and put remote down. the AI never seem to press you and just stand there.